“Surprized this is a top pick.”

Hampton Inn Hot Springs
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Hot Springs
chicagoland
“Surprized this is a top pick.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2008

Based on reviews and forum questions about where to stay...we chose the Hampton Inn because we get points. Once we began to arrive to Hot Springs, I wish we had chosed the Baymont because at least it is on the lake. This is an average small town hotel. It looked very clean upon arrival, but I started to notice that the bottom of my kids feet were black...I thought it was from wearing sandles. We washed there feet before bed, but then even our socks were dark. The carpet is dark, so you wouldnt notice if it was dirty. The carpet needs a good carpet cleaning. The free breakfast was continental style with juice, milk, cereal, danish, bisuits and gravy. The hotel pool was small and basic and on the parking lot. No scernery here. So if all being equal...go for the scenery.

• Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
austin,tx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2008

We have stayed at Hampton Inns quite a bit while traveling,and hoped this one would be as nice as the others.
First of all ,when I called to confirm our reservation ,the older gentleman that I spoke to was rather difficult to understand because of his heavy accent.. He was not all that friendly either, I wasn't sure what his problem was.
He must have been the one who checked us in because he didn't even greet us when we came in,just looked at us,waiting for us to start the conversation. He checked us in.and we went on up to the room . ( I think this man is the mgr of this Hampton,with other family members taking turns at the front desk.)
The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable,furniture was very nice.. When I went down to see about exercising,I were told there was no gym in the hotel and we could drive down the street to the nearest gym.
I feel that for the price we paid(99.+ taxes and ) there should have been more amenities. There were lots of other hotels that looked nice that may have been a better value,with more amenities,and with friiendlier front desk clerks.

Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Austin Hotel in Hot Springs last week and decided for what we were paying a night for it we could do better. So we switched to the Hampton and what a night and day experience. The rooms are super clean and the housekeeping staff does a thorough job. They change the sheets every day (surprisingly most hotels do not do this) and scrub the bathroom sinks, toilet and floors and vacuum. All the staff we have come in contact with have been super friendly. The breakfast is what you expect for continental. Not super fancy but surely you will find something you like. The rooms have fridges and microwaves. That really comes in handy with storing and reheating take-out. Saves some money. No more bed bugs from the Austin!!!!!!

1 Thank HannahBananas
Cleveland, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2008

The hotel was clean and service was excellent. We heard no noises from the highway or from the other rooms. Their breakfast buffet included scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, pastries, cereal, and a variety of coffees.

Our room was large with a king sized bed, desk & chair, a side chair with an ottoman, fridge, microwave, coffee maker. The bathroom had a hair dryer, toiletries, plus it had a night light and a full length mirror. I loved the duvet and the pillows on the bed.

The day before we checked in, we found out our adult son would be going with us. No more rooms were available, but the hotel said they would add a rollaway bed to the room. After we arrived, I was impressed, the rollaway bed was a full sized bed and we were very pleased. The service at this hotel was wonderful.

We will gladly stay there again.

• Liked — The comfortable room.
  • Disliked — The drive into the parking lot was akward.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank becca1960
Jonesboro, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2008

My husband and I booked this hotel for our 10th Anniversary. We were a little nervous about the quality since we hadn't stayed there before. We were definitely not disapointed. We booked a king suite with a whirlpool tub. The bed was absolutely wonderful! The fact that the hotel uses a duvet on their bed makes the difference. It was so clean and comfortable. The bathroom was very clean, but it could have used a little grout work. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my best friend. We were definitely happy at the Hampton.

Stayed May 2008
1 Thank happysleeperin08
Northwest Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2008

First off, Hot Springs hotels are going to be more expensive than comparable hotels in other towns. So if you stay at a $110 hotel here and expect it to be that level you will be disappointed. That being said the Hampton Inn is a good choice. I went in early race season (if you don't know what I'm talking about google Oaklawn Jockey Club) so I didn't get to use the pool. I thought it was a little out of the main areas but that was a pro and a con with less traffic to get onto Central but longer to travel to get to the track or downtown. I thought the room was good size and I really liked the desk chair. I comfortably could sit in it for long periods. Important for business travelers. Also had an actual closet which was nice. Used their iron, ironing board, and hair dryer. All worked well. Had a microwave and refrigerator in room but I didn't use them. Fridge was clean and cool b/c I went ahead and checked. All in all it was a good hotel for the money and I will probably stay here again. I've stayed at Comfort Inn, Embassy Suites, Claron Resort on the Lake, and another one I can't remember and I think this was second only to the Embassy Suites in comfort.

• Liked — Clean, neat, friendly front desk staff
  • Disliked — Little out of the middle of the action
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Famiyguy1976
Fayetteville, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2007

We stayed here for one night. We use mostly Hilton brand hotels since we are Hilton Honors members. The place was very clean. I did not see a pool or exercise room. The breakfast was nice and the staff there was very helpful and friendly. It was about 5 miles away from downtown Hot Springs. We made reservations for massages at the Embassy Suites (Spa Botanica), but missed the feeling of the old bathhouse/massage that we have gotten in the past from the Arlington.

• Liked — cleanliness and updated furnishings
  • Disliked — was in a good location, but not downtown where the spas are
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family