“Not well maintained but great location.”
Review of SunBay Resort

SunBay Resort
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the condo side. The location is great but the grounds are not well maintained and the appliances don't work well. The first night the air conditioner didn't work. We had to keep calling and they were less than concerned. Great family place. Has dangerous see saws for children that I would have thought would have been removed due to liability issues. Needs better management!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank 123mandig
There are newer reviews for SunBay Resort

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo on the lake. The room decor was a bit dated but we were very pleased with the cleanliness of the unit. The staff was friendly and helpful. The kitchen was well furnished with utensils and cookware and what wasn't in the unit was available at the front desk. The grounds are beautiful! We look for clean rooms and nice locations when we vacation - this fit the bill! The only real downside for us was we had to move midstream because of a glitch in our reservation. Not the fault of the resort.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Yara1965
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Wow, when customer service and rudeness reach a new level. First I will say 2 things about the appearance and price of the property in relation to what is available in the area for a similar or cheaper price. It is an old structure with few updates.

Now for our experience: We had been out on the boat ALL day when I arrived to the resort around 4:30pm of our checkout time. We tried to check-in early before we hit the lake for the day but were not offered that option. Okay - not a biggie but strike one. As I approached the desk to check-in, I realized my wallet was still with my wife and kids, as she was trying to get them together for a check-in. Not wanting to backtrack and try and find my wife for my wallet, I approached the desk to ask for some leniency, since they had my CC on file for the room reservation and all of my contact information from the same. They would not give me a key to my room without me having my cc in hand and ID, which I assured them I would bring right back down after helping my wife get the kids settled. - Strike 2. I left, got my wallet and returned to finally check-in, only to find the rude guest staff telling my story aloud while mocking me to another individual - who came to soon fond out was the manager. As I gave my CC and ID over to the staff I told them "you could have let me check-in, I would have been right back down, you missed an opportunity to wow me with your service." At this time, Mr. Manager began to pipe in with his 2 cents and saying something to the effect of "If you don't like it, you can not tay here." WOW!!!! Strike 3. Needless to say, we did not stay, never will again and I promised them I would share my experience across the web and ensure I did my part to help others not suffer from the same rudeness and inconvenience I was subjected to. Go to VRBO and find a nice place to stay, save your time and money here.

12  Thank Alex R
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Right on Lake Hamilton, the scenery is beautiful. We stayed in the older part and it has 6 floors.The only reason I did not give it an excellent is because the rooms are outdated. We had a 2 bedroom and it had two doors. One opened into a bedroom and the other open into a very tiny kitchen. There were lockoff doors between the living room and the bedrooms. The balcony overlooked the inlet and it was beautiful. The pool was nice and clean and the hot tub is huge. There are grills outside the condo on the side and back and a stream with Koi fish in it. We loved this resort! I just wish they would update the rooms! We were there on 4th of July weekend and the fireworks were spectacular.

2  Thank Christi S
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We have been here all week and have had a great experience. the kids have enjoyed all the amenities. It does have a few flaws if you want to pick it apart like the bedrooms don't have much privacy, there isn't laundry facilities within the units, and it's on a very high traffic road. It could also use a fun room for teens like pool tables, ping pong tables, some arcades and hang out area. Other than that this place is 90% Fantastic and we plan to visit again.

1  Thank Cma1974
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My family stayed here after seeing $49 rate on the marquee. (Weekend before July 4th) So when we went in, we learned that in order to get that price you had to sign up for an 1 and a half tour. The rooms were very clean. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with a VERY BEAUTIFUL view of the lake. We had access to free laundry (on the second floor and detergent was provided), there are playgrounds on the property for the kids, and a hot tub. Also by staying here we received discounts from over 10 area restaurants and attractions. The only negative is that there is no maid service. When you need fresh towels (and linens) you have to turn in your used ones in order to get fresh ones. There is no indoor pool. Also before you check out, they ask you to place all of your linens in a bag to help the maid service.... :( The restaurant in the back has great food and there is a night club above the restaurant for drinks and dancing. Back to the tour....the guy was not pressuring and didn't take too much of our time. My advice if you want to stay here... call ahead to see if you can get the discounted rate with the tour. Because after we walked in to inquire about the rate...I overheard the front desk clerk say go outside and remove the offer. Indicating they did not want to sell any more rooms at the discounted rates. We were blessed. We were able to have a much nicer stay for a very cheap price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank s s
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

It is located on the lake and has a nice view and very close to everything in town. Was clean and check in easy. The rooms were older and kind of set up strange. We had a two bedroom and it had two doors. One door opened to bedrooms and the other to kitchen. Then they were connected by a door in the middle. Smaller than two bedroom condos we usually stay in. It was an ok stay though.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family