“pleasant surprise”

Ranked #14 of 72 Restaurants in Cortez
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are located in the heart of old downtown Cortez four businesses west of the crosswalk at Market and Main on the north side of the street. The surrounding blocks are bustling with activity and fine restaurants. The Cortez Cultural Center is just behind our patio and our local public radio station is across the street. Our newspapers are in the same building. Our seafood arrives fresh from Seattle Seafood in Denver. Our greens are local in season and our menu is superb. Please join us for dinner or lunch. We're always glad to welcome you, your family, including children and bicycle parking is available near the front door. See you soon, Brandon and Mel
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My friend and I had lunch there and it was very very good,I had the Stonefish fish and chips which was done perfectly,lightly battered and the fish was very tender and flaky.
My friend had the crab cakes and she said they were the best she has ever had.
The waitress was knowledgable and the owner Brandon was very personable.
We will go back again and again.

3  Thank jim s

Reviewed 16 July 2013

The place was nicely located, The service was Excellent but the Sushi that we order really turn off the idea to return to this restaurant . We order Shrimp Tempura Roll, Stonefish and Zetroc all 3 tasted the same, there was some fish in there but the most you get was rice and pickle. The Pickle was a lot bigger than the piece of fish or Shrimp. Sadly I didn't take pictures to better show what this place how their sushi look like. That way others see what I'm talking about. Something that I will do the next time.

2  Thank NelMar67
Brandon S, Owner at Stonefish Sushi & More, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

I do regret that this is the first time that I have written a response to a review, but I felt compelled to respond. I apologize that your experience was not up to your's or my standards. There is one thing that we are confused about...we do not and have never served "pickles" in which you emphasized repeatedly , in any of our rolls??? So my staff and I are extremely confused by your interpretation of our product. I would in courage you to research your facts thoroughly before expressing them to the world. Hope to see you again!
Brandon
Chef/Owner

Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

No matter when, Brandon & Michael can do up sushi, sashimi, or just about anything to slake your needs!

3  Thank 808JimP
Reviewed 28 May 2013

From sushi to creative noodle bowls, it is all delicious here. And their cocktails are to die for. The PBJ rolls for the younger set make this a great place for families too!

2  Thank COSprGrl
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I'm not a sushi expert as I've eaten in only one other sushi restaurant (in Moab), but my chef's choice sushi platter ($20) was outstanding--absolutely fresh & tasty. I do have some experience with wasabi paste and ginger, so I appreciated the size & quality of the serving. I also enjoyed the Zetroc roll ($8.25), recommended by my server when I mentioned liking ahi tuna. My only quibble is that the beer selection is on the pale side; the darkest is a lager.

2  Thank DaylilyFan