“Good fish tacos, strange setup”
Review of Koko's Friendly Pub - CLOSED

Koko's Friendly Pub
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Destination Grill - formally known as Koko's Friendly Pub - Same great food - Same great service!
Fair Oaks, California
“Good fish tacos, strange setup”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

So it's connected to a hotel and next to another hotel, so they have a clientele from the visitors but plenty of locals. More of a sports bar but a strange room set up and very few seats in the shade The quality of the food is good, though, and the waitstaff is nice. Strange that the bartenders had to keep breaking up ice for each order though.

Visited May 2014
Freedom777, Manager at Koko's Friendly Pub, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Ello, kcdenman! Yes, we do have some really awesome people on our team, and they're super fun to work with. Glad you enjoyed the fish tacos - I like to think it's the love in our salsa that does it! AAAAND Just So You Know: we are remodeling! Sometime this fall or so we will be putting a roof on our patio so you can escape the evening sun. I can't wait! Beer on the patio in the shade - woop woop!

doncaster
“No air-con, no proper kitchen, no thanks.”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We tried this place on recommendation so someone must like it. We walked in to find no air conditioning. I don't know whether this is temporary or permanent feature. We would have left there and then but there is an outside terrace and it was a pleasant evening. Unfortunately the terrace faces a noisy roadway. The main cooking seems to be done on a barbeque at one end of this terrace.
We ordered expensive New York Strip steak, again on recommendation, with fries. No fries, the kitchen is not equipped. The steaks were tough. Mine was edible but my wife only ate a fraction of hers. You couldn't cut it even with a steak knife. Complaints were made, the bill was adjusted, we left never to return.

• Visited May 2014
Freedom777, Manager at Koko's Friendly Pub, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Hey donnygardencity! We like it hot over here at Kokos! No in all seriousness, of course it would be the first truly hot day of the when the AC goes out. That was a fairly unpleasant experience for us as well! But rest assured, that is FIXED. It's nice and crisp in our establishment AND we REMODELED! You must come try our restaurant with it's new clothes on and try out our food. Drop my name, I'll make sure it's awesome!
Phoenix, Arizona
“Was surprised”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Was recommended this restaurant by the hotel I was staying at next door. I thought the Anasazi Burger sounded a little cliché when ordering (everything in town is called Anasazi-this, Mesa Verde-that), but it was a very tasty burger. My girlfriend ordered a chicken dish (don't remember what it was) and she said it delicious.

• Visited May 2014
Robert S! I'll bet she had the Tequila lime chicken - it's pretty yummilicious. And yeah... I agree with the cliche's in southwest, but you just can't get away from them, know what I'mm sayin? Believe me, I've tried! I'm glad you liked our food, we'll be here next time you wanna come try something else!
Canberra
“Great little pub”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We nearly didn't go here because it was a pub but the Holiday Inn where we were staying gave us a free drink coupon so we thought we would have a look. We were pleased we did - it was so good we went back the second night and had another burger. The burgers appeared to be hand made rather than mass produced and came with a lovely salad and great buns. I can definitely say that they were the best burgers I have had in the States which is saying something! The service was very friendly and considering there were only two women servers they were amazing. While it was a pub with locals who were watching the sports it is still highly recommended.

• Visited May 2014
Freedom777, Manager at Koko's Friendly Pub, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Woo Hoo Dawnstar050! Best burgers in the states! That's quite the compliment, thank you so very much :} I'm sooo happy you were persuaded by the drink coupon and we had a chance to show you what we can do. AND HEY - we just remodeled and the restaurant looks so much better so if you happen to be in the area come check out our new look! (soon to be Destination Grill)
Canberra, Australia
“Friendly, good service and awesome burgers”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We were staying at the next door Holiday Inn Express and migrated here for our free drink. We really enjoyed the atmosphere, the friendly and efficient service and, best of all, the burgers - truly the best we have ever tasted. The drinks weren't too bad either. We enjoyed it so much that we returned the following evening, unfortuantely our last in Cortez, for a repeat and were not disappointed.
More than happy to recommend Koko's, it is indeed friendly, but do not go past the burgers (have I mentioned that?).

• Visited May 2014
Good evening binliner! YES, the burgers... I love that you love them! And enough to come back a second night, that's saying something. I truly do think it's all about our outdoor grill. I know, I kinda go on about that, but it's TRUE. Soon we will be doing some fun little additions to the menu so come try them out!