“Best service ever!”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Cortez
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Best service ever!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

The owner Sonya is so nice and sweet, she will do everything to make your stay perfect. For breakfast we had homemade Luisiana sweets and fresh fruits. You can definitely tell she cares and loves her job and we will definitely stay in this hotel again!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Preslava S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 May 2014

True, one can tell the motel is not brand new but honestly, I d rather sleep in a good bed, have a clean place, than have fancy carpet in a noisy, disgusting room!

The manager is extremely friendly. She prepared welcome sweets for the breakfast. You can tell she loves what she is doing. She took over the management of the hotel 4 months ago so if you had a bad experience in the past, you should definitively give it another try!! No bad review can stand any more ;)

You can beat the price/quality ratio! Very close to Mesa Verde.

Microwave, fridge (don't turn it on "max"!!), bath tub in the room. Ice machine in the motel. Big room with 2 queens.

I gave 4 points instead of 5 because there were a couple of burn due to cigarettes here and there and the covers could use a wash.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Demi007
Anacortes, Washington
Reviewed 28 April 2014

After a long days drive the welcome we received by Sonya at the Sleeping Ute Mountain Motel was most appreciated. We were headed north as we came into town and this motel is located on the left. There are no left turns in that area and our GPS took us around the block to get us headed south so we could pull in. Believe me, it is worth going around the block for! The room was large and comfortable, furnished with two queen beds at a reasonable price. Everything was spick and span - the top sheets are even ironed! We asked if we could stay later than the usual check out time. No problem. I even lost my room key and offered to pay for a replacement, but was assured that it was not necessary and was issued another key. The service could not have been better and everything is offered with a smile. The breakfast is homemade and served fresh with good coffee. We will definitely come back when we travel through this area again. Thankfully, I did find the key in the end!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rose K
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Wow, what a gold mine in the heart of the Four Corners Mesa Verde area! Clean, spacious rooms with privacy and gorgeous views. Sonja and Ronnie are highly resourceful, generous and accommodating as well as knowledgeable about the area. Low rates that are unbeatable anywhere in town while providing a yummy breakfast of freshly baked goods, fruit and coffee. Rooms are equipped with refrigerators, microwaves, large screen TV's, high heat and lots of hot water with towels that are to die for. I travel to the area frequently and will only stay at the Sleeping Ute Mountain for a friendly, generous staff that will go the extra mile so that you can enjoy your stay and a great night sleep!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michele D
Sagle, Idaho
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The Sleeping Ute Mountain Motel was as comfortable as any we stayed at during our four week vacation in the Southwest. An older unit, everything was redone and spotlessly clean. New paint, new mattresses in the room, some of the thickest towels, and a very pleasant host and hostess, the owners. I don't usually stay in non chain motels but we ended up here and were completely delighted. These are people justifiably proud of their new business and their attention to detail shows. I just wish more people would consider rehabbing older motels like this one, they have a charm lacking in the chain franchises that look so new. Yes, we would recommend this motel to all our friends.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pat G
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Two of us stopped in here on the way to the Grand Canyon. We were happy with our room, except that there was a wi-fi problem. Sonya and hubby worked to find us a room a bit closer to the wireless access point and let us switch rooms. Both rooms were clean and neat. Everything worked fine, except the wi-fi. They had someone coming that evening to fix it, though, so I don't think it was a permanent problem. The rooms had fridges and microwaves, fluffy towels, and little shampoo/conditioner/lotion bottles. I have seen coffee makers in some hotels, which this one doesn't have, but I didn't need it because there was fresh coffee and tea in the morning at the office. And freshly made muffins keeping warm on the woodstove! And there were plenty of electrical outlets in the room, so we could plug in phone chargers, computers, hubby's CPAP, etc, without any trouble. We were only there one night, but we slept well, the bed was comfortable, and it was nice and quiet. Sonya was nice and friendly, her husband (Sorry, I forget his name) was helpful and friendly too. And their little dog Taz let me pick him up and even gave me a kiss on the nose. All in all, if they get the wi-fi thing fixed, we'd definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: If you want to use the internet, ask for a room close to the wireless access point.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy W
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 April 2014

i had left and was getting very tired then I saw this cool neon sign then an old chuckwagon so pulled in ...what an awesome place nice people and a very clean room it felt like well I stayed three days fresh made breakfast clean big rooms
and very nice owners ...I havent slept like that in a while ...I will remember my stay and return as many times as I can...thanks Sonja and Ronnie your the best

Room Tip: 208 is the best
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo