“Nice stay, under new management”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Travelodge Cortez

Travelodge Cortez
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Cortez
Highlands Ranch, Colorado, United States
“Nice stay, under new management”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This stay was a great experience from previous stays at this location. The new management has really spent the time and effort to improve the property and the customer service. It is finally a place I can recommend when I over night in Cortez.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Last week we traveled from Denver to Moab and found all hotels in Moab and Monticello fully booked due to the Colo. floods. After a long day of travel and many phone calls, we found two rooms at the Rodeway around 9pm. The managers, Arnie & Carol Cornett held those rooms for us and gave us quick courteous check in upon our arrival hours later. The rooms were clean and the free continental breakfast in the morning was an added bonus. For the price of the rooms, accommodations and good service I would rate this motel as excellent.

Room Tip: We booked two rooms near the front office. Both were nice and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Mebane, NC
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I know everyone is entitled to rate these hotels in their own way, but anyone who is rating this hotel as Excellent has very low standards. I know that for $60-$70/night my expectations are low, but excellent is stretching it.

The rooms were clean!!!!! The bathrooms were excellent!!! The decor was dated circa 1960s and 1970s, but that is OK with me. The TV was the oldest working TV in America (but that is not a big deal either to me).

The real problem were the beds. Again, they were clean. However, they were very uncomfortable. We stayed in a supersize room with a couch/sofa. It was the worst couch I have ever sat on. Not sure how my daughter slept on that sofa, but then again she is a petite teen. This couch is worse than couches I have seen on front porches.

I did complain about it, and the front desk person said that she knew and they are to make some renovations.

Breakfast was subpar even for hotel standards. Also, they officially do not serve breakfast until 7am. If you have plans to get an early start, you may want to skip or "grab-and-go".

If you are on a budget, and need to save some cash staying here is OK.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Expedia shows old information as they have NO pool. Clerk was able to give us complimentary passes to the city rec center 2 blocks away though that was fantastic! Water slide, lazy river, lap pool, diving board and children's play area. Hotel was very clean and quiet with nearby restaurants.

Room Tip: Stayed in the first section near the office and had a nice quiet room even though it wasn't far...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kathy N N
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

First room had ac issues but moved to newly remodeled room and it was great. You can hardly stay anywhere for $75 anymore. Nice friendly desk person recommended excellent Mexican restaurant Pepperhead also.

• Stayed July 2013
Taichung, Taiwan
Reviewed 29 June 2013

These guys gave us a great price. The building appears old but they had recently renovated the rooms so the inside felt like standard up to date motel fare. Apparently they are under new management. It was a great stay for us.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 15 June 2013

My reservation was mysteriously cancelled (I believe they did it b/c they raised the rate of the room). I was given an inferior room at the same rate I had before ... I reserved a room with 2 beds and a pull-out couch along with a fridge and microwave. I was given a room with 2 beds and no couch, fridge or microwave. Was told they would honor my previous rate ... it was a 20% savings on the suite but only a $2.00 savings on the room I got. I requested the same discount I had before ...a preferred business rate, a benefit of my organization. They said they couldn't do that.
Ice machine (which we desperately needed, since we had no fridge) was not working and the manager stood outside the only entrance to the lobby smoking most of the time.
Breakfast, such as it is, doesn't start until 7 am, but that isn't posted anywhere ... we had to be on the road at 7 a.m.
Our door did not shut without shoving it closed and fiddling with the knob AND light showed though the entire "seal" ... allowing both air to escape and not providing much security.
I always try to stay at Choice Hotels and the was the first Rodeway Inn ... if they are all like this, they will be marked off my list with a big black marker.

Room Tip: To choose a good room at this hotel, go to Best Western.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Catsnkites

Travellers are raving about these Cortez hotels