“Retro hotel with friendly staff”
Review of Aneth Lodge

Aneth Lodge
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Cortez
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am used to staying in more upscale hotels but I enjoyed staying here. The hotel is old but they have done a good job in keeping in clean and friendly. Barely made it to the hotel by 10:00 PM to check in, but the desk staff member was still friendly and understanding. It was a bit noisy early morning, due to a group of guests leaving at the same time, but that is not the fault of the hotel. Good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Was able to park our truck and trailer beside the hotel with no problems.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MtnDoctor
There are newer reviews for Aneth Lodge

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I originally planned to use the one word....bedbugs. But there is so much more to tell. The rooms are passable, fairly clean--but wait, if they were clean, there would not have been bedbugs! The towels are threadbare. The pillows flat. The parking horrible. The workers staying there LOUD. The workers early-morning vehicles were LOUDER STILL.
The office is closed from 10:00 pm to 8:00 am. NO ONE is there.
Sure, the price of a room here is cheap, but so are the amenities. Not even a coffeemaker!
I tried to like the Aneth Lodge, I really did. But after realizing the bites on my arms and legs were in fact bedbugs, well, I'm still traumatized. I could have done without that experience.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere. Remember, you get what you pay for!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Recently I have been staying here at least once a month. I return because the rates are really inexpensive, the staff is friendly and the location is great. The market is across the street so if you choose to use the microwave or refrigerator and eat in the room, it is an option although there are restaurants in walking distance. I like retro and the bathroom tile is fabulous! I like that each room is set up just the same so I always know where to plug in my laptop, phone charger, etc.My little home away from home.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 December 2013

First, Rhonda at the front desk is WONDERFUL!!!!!
This is a neat, clean, sort of retro-50s motel that is extremely reasonably priced.
Only complaint is that one of the beds in room #6 has a broken frame, so it sags in the middle, but management may not have been aware of this.
I still give it 5 stars - Thanks Rhonda for your warm customer service!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rusty5454
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Stayed here for one night in July 2013 with a family & friends (my the 2nd stay here). Good location (gateway to Mesa Verde), very friendly and helpful staff.
The rooms are basic but clean - 2 adults & 2 kids fitted just fine there. Parking right in front of the room - great for (un)loading luggage. Great value for money - will stay again when passing through Cortez.
Great breakfast place in Cortez = El Grande Cafe just couple blocks from Aneth Lodge.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were very happy with the room. Clean and comfortable. Micro and fridge worked. We aprked right outside our door. Easy to unload in the evening and load up in the wee hours of the morning to hit the road. We would stay here again. Location was great!! Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melinda N
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Went into Cortez looking for a clean quiet, reasonable Mom & Pop older Motel. Found the usual chains but continued to the Aneth Lodge. When I got there it was 4pm, still plenty of rooms. The first room we looked at was not good for my wife. We were looking for non smoking, quiet and clean. The next room had No Smoking on the door, but after taking it could tell it been smoked in. Went out for dinner and on our return found the parking lot full of work trucks, groups gathered and realized it was the motel the work crews use at night. That would be alright but they smoke in the rooms even if they are non smoking, they are noisy and left at the crack of dawn with no respect for the comfort of the remaining guest. I wish we would of kept looking. This place is off my list.

Room Tip: Wish I wasn't burnt out from the road and kept looking
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple