“It's OK but don't have high hopes”

Fiesta Mexicana Family Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 67 Restaurants in Cortez
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
United States
“It's OK but don't have high hopes”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Atmosphere just ok. The servers were hanging out near our table watching soccer on a big TV next to us. Guess we could have asked for a different table. Our server was not friendly although the man who seated us was very friendly and returned to fill our water glasses and ask if everything was ok. Maybe our server was just having a bad day. The salsa was above average, fresh, homemade, with a mild pleasant heat, although it had a hint of chili powder taste which I do not particularly like. The food arrived quickly and was hot. I had chicken enchiladas which were basic, average, not bad, not great, just ok, but I enjoyed them. The refried beans were without much flavor and the rice was ok. Chips good. Not sure if I would return. It's ok food but nothing special.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Peripateti

• Hebrew first
Cortez, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favorite mexican restaurant!”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I eat there on a fairly regular basis. Its has great food, a wonderful atmosphere, and friendly service! There deep fried ice cream is pretty good my wife likes to get it but my favorite thing is taking people there for their birthday because a band comes out they put a big sombrero on the bday person and sing! Its great!

• Visited May 2013
Burnsville, Minnesota
“Some of the best Mexican food we have had”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and I love going to Mexican restaurants and have Mexican food at least once a month. We were visiting family and went to the Fiesta Mexicana in Cortez, CO. First, we really liked the atmosphere. The furniture and decorations were festive without being cheesy. Then, we had very friendly service. One of my favorite part of some Mexican restaurants is the instant basket of chips and salsa, which they provided. We went at an odd time of day so he did disappear for a while as I am sure he was doing several duties at a time of day when they have lighter staffing, but the food came out fast and it was delicious. It was not low calorie, but I happily gained a pound or two with their wonderful nachos. The toppings were so generous, we were able to use some of the plain chips to make more nachos, and the prices were very reasonable. If we lived there, we would eat there once a week!

• Visited April 2013
Horseheads
“Not a fiesta...”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Ate here because it was next to the Day's Inn and the motel had given us coupons for free desserts. My husband ordered enchiladas, I got a chimichanga. Not great, not horrible. We also ordered Queso to go with our chips. It was $9 for a small bowl of what tasted like melted American cheese. Horrible. We used our coupons to get fried ice cream. It was a scoop of strawberry ice cream covered in corn flakes. The wait staff ignored our empty glasses, avoiding refills, even as they prowled around the room, staring at the patrons in a creepy manor. The only redeeming moment in our overpriced, peculiar dinner was when another patron had a birthday and the staff made a makeshift Mariachi band to sing Happy Birthday. The guitar player/waiter only played one note, but he played it with great gusto. Not worth a second chance after finding much better Mexican down the street.

• Visited March 2013
Cedar City, UT
“Good food, great decor.”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We arrived fairly late one evening, after a full day of driving, staying at the Days Inn next door and were pleased to see a restaurant a few steps away.
The Fiesta was beautifully decorated, the service was great, the salsa was good, chips thin and crispy and the margarita hit the spot; cold, crisp, refreshing, not the overly sweet, bright green goo so often served. We weren't starved and close to bedtime so each had an ala carte item. Mine was a chicken tostada that was very good.
There might be better places in town, but not being familiar with Cortez dining and too tired to scout, it worked great for a stopover on our way to Durango the next morning.

Visited August 2012