“Friendly service, but the rooms are just too small!”

Best Western Turquoise Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Cortez
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stopped in Cortez strictly because it was the distance we wanted to travel that day. Our previous experience with Best Western hotels led us to choose this one. The staff was friendly and helpful. The check-in experience was quick and efficient. The exterior of the property could best be described as shabby, but the room was clean, although the decor is definitely dated. Unfortunately, the rooms are just too small. Ours was equipped with one queen size bed and was barely large enough to accommodate that and the other furniture. The bathroom was incredibly small, with not room to even lay out your toiletry items. I am not a fat person (6' - 174 pounds) and I felt literally wedged in when I used the toilet. To make matters worse, the toilet lid seat would not stay up when I used the toilet in the "male" manner. All-in-all, I didn't feel that this hotel met the expectations I had developed from my experience with other Best Western hotels.

Room Tip: If, despite what I have written, you decide to stay here, be sure to try Jack and Janelle's Rest...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,109)

Reviewed 6 October 2013

The Cortez, CO. Best Western was a welcome stop after travelling a long distance. The hotel staff was fantastic. The young lady behind the desk was very friendly. As part of the instructions to me she gave me access to internet instructions. At checkout I was given road conditions to my next stop. The breakfast was extremely good. I was thoroughly impressed. I will stop there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Everything was fine, but the hot tub/spa is exceptional! Great hours & not just usual "tub," but actually a full "grotto"-type larger hot water pool w/ jets, surrounded by foliage, fountain, rocks, etc. NICE JOB, BW T'bird!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank GOUTESGO
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The internet service was below par. we lost our connection frequently over a 3 hour period. There was no elevator and it made for a tough trip up the stairs for a couple of old folks carrying our luggage. No 'Bell Service' was offered.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My husband and I arrived around 4:00 PM and unpacked our things. We went shopping across the street for some snacks and lunch things. When we went to have our shower we noticed the shower head did not work but managed to get wet anyway. We noticed a few other issues with cleanliness and called the front desk. The night manager promptly moved us to another room and we were greatly satisfied. The next morning our issues had been addressed with the hotel manager and we did not have to pay for our stay, good on you Hotel Tourquorse Inn. There were no questions asked in the morning as we are Platinum Members and have stayed at numerous Best Westerns. I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling through Cortez Colorado. Good location, close to everything as far as shopping is concerned and beautiful pool!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank food53
Reviewed 25 September 2013

great location, close to the mesa and the park great experience a must to stay at, food selection had fresh fruit and oat meal ready to go. great accomodations do not miss it, order the room with the jaquize and they have cookies in the lobby, also hot chocolate for late nights

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Don L
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed two nights in mid September. Friendly staff spacious suite of rooms. we were on the ground floor off our corridor was a grassed area with a water fall.We had breakfast only in hotel. Breakfast good but the habit of using disposable plates, cups and cutlery-which is something we have come across in other USA hotels-seemed odd .
A very good experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ken s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cortez
Hampton Inn Mesa Verde / Cortez
Travelodge Cortez
#14 of 16 in Cortez
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Mesa Verde-Cortez

Been to Best Western Turquoise Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!