“Changed Room Three Times”
Review of Days Inn Cortez

Days Inn Cortez
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Cortez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 21 January 2014

On my last visit to Days Inn Cortez I realized that first impressions do count and with this hotel, they endure. I enjoyed the second time as much as the first time. It has everything one would need in a value hotel: good sized comfortable rooms, clean amenities, friendly staff, value rates, and ample safe parking. I'll stop by again soon.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
kjz1970, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Cortez, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Days Inn of Cortez. We are so glad you enjoyed you stay with us that you came back to stay again! Thank you for noticing our comfortable rooms and clean amenities. Its our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to the next time you stay with us.
phoenix,az.
Reviewed 10 January 2014

good, clean hotel. nice staff. good price. good value for money.good location for slopes and skiing. enjoyed skiing at telluride and Durango, cheaper and good central location.stayed in suite with 3 beds, comfortable and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Days Inn of Cortez. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are a great hub to go to many places in the four corners region, please come back and see us as there is so much to see here. Thank you also for recognizing our friendliness and cleanliness as we take pride in that.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

This was just a stopping point for our small family on our drive home to Texas. The hotel is a bit off the highway, but it looks like most hotels are in the same location. Pulling up, the inn looks quite dumpy. The outside is not maintained well- there was trash and spills of who knows what on the sidewalks. The room was a bit cleaner than I thought it would be. It is old, but clean enough. The walls are paper thin and I was kept up by screaming kids in the room next door. Then woken up again at 5 when all the construction workers staying at the inn started up their trucks and left for work. The breakfast was better than I expected. Waffles, cereal, milk, juice, bagels, toast, muffins, pastries, yogurt. We are cheap an don't like to spend much on hotels, so this was a fairly good choice considering. But we did pass a Holiday Inn and Best Western that would have been a lot nicer.

• Stayed January 2014
kjz1970, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Cortez, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you got to enjoy the breakfast. Please come back and see us the next time your in the area to see what we have improved.

Travellers are raving about these Cortez hotels

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed at Days Inn Cortez a few months ago and decided to stop by with my wife during a recent trip. She was suitably impressed with the quality of the rooms and the friendly service. The hotel offers great value, especially with the safe parking and superb breakfast. One of the stand-out features of the hotel is the cleanliness of the rooms, the hotel in general and the crisp clean linens. Totally worth every penny. I will continue to recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Instead of ordering room service, enjoy your complimentary breakfast in the dining room, it's de...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Days Inn of Cortez Colorado. Also thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so glad you stayed long enough to enjoy most of the perks we have to offer. Cleanliness, a great breakfast and friendly staff ( among many other things) is our top priority. We thank you for noticing that. Please come back and see us the next time you are in the Mesa Verde area.
Shelly Beach, South Africa
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I enjoy staying at the Days Inn hotels, but have to say Days Inn Cortez is my favorite. It is homely and the staff is really friendly. I like that the beds are very comfortable and the rooms are a great size. I have stayed here before, and the staff welcomed me back, remembering me from before. The rates are affordable and the hotel offers great value for money, especially with the spectacular breakfast on offer.

Room Tip: If you have children, ask reception to help you choose rooms around other families, rather than in t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Days Inn of Cortez. We are so happy that we were you choice to stay at once again when visiting Cortez, Colorado. We enjoy welcoming all our guests and yes it is nice to see a face you have seen before on our end too. We hope you come to see us next time you are in the four corners area.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Days Inn chain motels I have found to be generally comfortable and reasonable value, and the one in Cortez is no exception. This motel may not be the best in which stayed, but it had a large clean and comfortable room, was warm, had coffee making, good sized beds with clean linen, good electrics and lighting and nice television. So I have no complaints here. Outside appearance of motel looked just average, but it did have more interesting features to the front in way of fountain and small pond. Reception area was ok, with courtesy internet terminal for guests to use - important to me. Staff generally all quite efficient and helpful with no surprises here. Breakfast was included and as with other Days Inns have found this to be better in both choice and quality than some other more budget ones. Really good advantage this motel had though was in where positioned at north end of town. If you exited out of car park the one way you were on the highway to Durango, and if you exited the other you were on highway to Telluride. So easy. Now I stayed at this motel for 3 nights, and next to it is an interesting Mexican Restaurant at which plentiful plates are served at reasonable prices. Had chilli in there the first night, but in only being used to mild from a jar, it almost took the back of my throat out. The next night I had another Mexican dish which although not hot was still too spicy for my palate. The third night I tried the Chinese Restaurant on the other side of carriageway, and this suited me much better, but all meals were good value. In summary then, I consider this motel a good option to consider whilst staying in Cortez, providing room rates competitive.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review you stay with us at the Days Inn of Cortez, Colorado. I am so glad you enjoyed all the perks our hotel has to offer. We hope you can join us again sometime in the summer to enjoy the wild flowers in the mountains and our great outdoor pool. Of course any season we welcome you back.