“Older, But Updated Where It Matters” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Cortez

Days Inn Cortez
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Cortez
Monument, Colorado
“Older, But Updated Where It Matters”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

See my other reviews of Motels in Cortez - I would stay at either dependent on price. This is an older property which is showing it's age. Doors, walls and ceiling have obvious patches. However, the carpets, beds and televisions are updated. I had a room in the corner of the motel which was reasonably quiet.

Because it is an older property, if your neighbor turns on the water and you are in the shower, you will feel a temperature "adjustment." The rooms are larger than you will find in most motels. It was nice to have 4 good sized pillows on each bed, the beds being very comfortable.

The breakfast offers slightly more choices than the normal carb fest in an economy motel. You will find a form of packaged and heated egg and cheese, yogurt, and I was surprised to find hot oatmeal.

I did not try the Mexican restaurant in the parking lot, but you cannot miss it - you have to drive around it to get to the lobby. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful both on check in and in the morning.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hiddenshutter
kjz1970, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Cortez, responded to this review, 19 March 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Days Inn and Suites of Cortez. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for recognizing the improvements we are making to the hotel. Currently we are replacing the carpet and furniture in the rooms. And we have just completed a major plumbing project to alleviate the fluctuation in water temperature so this will no longer be such and issue. Please come by again and see us in the future and the positive changes that have taken place at your Days Inn in Cortez.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

The hotel rooms have exterior doors. I was on the second floor, and when people would walk by the doors on the second floor, the whole room would tremble. My floor beneath me had a spot that squeaked loudly, which probably annoyed those below me. I had a nice, large room, but because of that, the TV was about ten feet further from the bed than a typical room. There is an unheated outdoor pool that was disappointingly, unusably cold. The hot tub had murky water which make the upkeep of it and the pool highly debatable. The breakfast area was nice and well kept. The staff was nice.

Room Tip: Get a top floor and endure the vibrations; better than a squeaky floor above you.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. To let you know we have undergone some renovations since you have stayed with us. First I am sorry the pool heater was not working while you were here that has definitely been fixed. Also we have done some renovations to the hotel, new carpet and furniture and larger flat screen televisions in the rooms. Please stop by in the future to see the positive changes that have taken place.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This place was so impressive. The rooms felt and looked brand new. Great king size bed ( bad back issues) Our last stay in Cortez we stayed at the Econo Lodge. The manager at the desk there told us the Days Inn was a dump. I wrote a bad review and someone wrote me back with excuses and more excuses. The property is very pleasant and beautifully maintained. The pool was empty unfortunately. My only complaint was all the dogs. I only noticed 1 person out of a dozen clean up after their dog. I just stayed off the grass. Breakfast was great and it was a very clean and quite place to stay for a week.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Mudsharks
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us at the Days Inn of Cortez. And most of all thank you for giving us a chance! Since your stay with us we have done even more to make our rooms as comfortable and modern as possible. We just got done installing new carpet in our rooms and updating the furniture with beautiful modern furniture. We sure do hope the next time you are in the Mesa Verde Country you will think of us and stop by again. Thank you again for your review.
New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have stayed here several times because it is the best value in Cortez. The rooms with two beds are huge. And they got new beds...very comfortable. It's also good if you have a pet. Lots of open area to walk them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Days Inn and Suites of Cortez. I am glad to hear you found our beds so comfortable. I want to let you know since your stay we have also put new carpet and new furniture in the rooms. Just to make them more warm and inviting. I sure do hope that the next time you are in the Four Corners area you will stop by the Cortez Days Inn to see our wonderful updates that have taken place. Thank you again for choosing us when you come to Cortez we know you have plenty of options!
Indiana, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I just don't know exactly what to write in this review. We were traveling across country and wanted to stay in Cortez for 3 days since there is so much to see in this general area. I booked this hotel knowing it was going to fit our needs for location, but unsure about the hotel itself.

PROS:
* Very good "central hub" for traveling anywhere in the (UT, NM, CO, AZ) 4-Corner's area.
* Closest location to Mesa Verde.
* Good Mexican restaurant in the parking lot. We walked over one evening for dinner and it was good (and didn't have to drive anywhere).
* Front desk lady was very sweet when I checked in.
* Nice pool/spa area. Kids enjoyed it very much.
* Has triple-bed options (two room suites, with one Q bed in one room and 2-Q beds in another). This worked great with one son and one daughter - they had their own beds for a few nights of our trip and didn't have to share. You don't see this option often.
* Microwave & fridge in our room and they worked great!
* Beds were clean and comfortable.
* On-site laundry with FREE laundry detergent - YAY!! As a road-trip traveler, this was heaven. The family swam as I got some laundry started and I joined them until it was time to switch clothes to the dryer. It was so nice not to need to look for a laundry-mat in town to get some things washed. This was an unexpected PERK of this hotel PLUS the free laundry detergent (didn't have to use what I had packed). Very nice touch...
* It was quiet. I didn't hear guests above us (we were on the ground floor) or beside us. I didn't even hear cars coming and going during the night. So the noise level was very good.

CONS:
* Older hotel and it just needs updated. It wasn't terrible -- but little things being updated would actually make this hotel a real contender in this town & it would just boost the total appearance of this place.
* Bathrooms were partial updated. It would be nice if they completed it. Maybe not all rooms are like that, but our room had an old tub/tile shower, but the floor tile and toilet looked new.
* Outside doors were puttied & patched - hopefully they were going to paint them... maybe??? I think they were just puttying over dents in the door, but it just gave it an "older hotel" vibe before you even stepped in the door.
* Breakfast area in the lobby was dumpy. The chairs looked dirty and stained and I hated to even sit on them to eat. Breakfast area was tight with people coming in and out to get their food. It was very congested.

This hotel wasn't terrible - I gave it an "AVERAGE" rating. It worked for when we were in town. The location couldn't be beat for what we wanted to do in the area. It was a place to lay our heads at the end of the day. There were other hotels in town - some looked worse - some looked better. Of course, I wasn't in any of their rooms to see how they compared. Just be aware the rooms & bathrooms are a bit dated, but it isn't all that bad.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank michjome
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at the Days Inn of Cortez. I wanted to let you know since your stay we have updated the carpeting and the furniture in all of our rooms. We sure hope the next time you are in the area you will think of us and stop in to see the positive changes that have recently taken place. And thank you again for taking the time to review your stay!
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Our room was large and comfortable with nice looking furniture. It was upstairs and the very creaky floor was a bit annoying although probably more so in the room below us. The internet in our room kept dropping off and varied from 3 bars to 0. The room was very clean, including the bathroom. It had older CRT TV, fridge and microwave. The breakfast selection was great and the breakfast room was of sufficient size.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
April-Cortez, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Cortez, responded to this review, 15 October 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Days Inn of Cortez Colorado. I am so glad that you chose to stay with us as your hub to the four corners area. With this being such a great area with so much to see and do I sure do recommend that you stay at least two nights. Also I am happy to hear you got to stay in one of our suites I just think they are so cool for a family to have some room to spread out. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we sure hope to see you again in the future. There is always another adventure around the corner here in Cortez.