“**Great stay!***”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Cortez
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Our visit in Cortez was 3 days (W, Thr ,F) never stayed at Econo Lodge so I originally booked one night. *But our first night/ day were great we booked another and another. Parking was limited but the clerk offered to move her car upon check in. Breakfast was hosted by the *nicest* & *friendliest* *grandma type lady*. For dinner we asked for family friendly steak restaurant to eat at, front desk offered 15% off at Elmer's Tavern. Super food at good price.
*Our little dog was also welcomed, small grassy places to walk him. Our nights were quiet except maybe very early when natural gas workers left to work but I'm a lite sleeper. *Very Nice, Clean, Heated pool. Rooms- beds, pillows and towels were comfy & clean, fridge and microwave were clean. TV and wifi were good.
I felt that all the staff were accommodating. Great place to stay. Quiet. Clean. Safe.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BennettDavis
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed 9 June 2014

It was a great stay, clean and nice. Rooms were easily accessible, food was good and Denny's is directly across the street. The pool was awesome. The staff and especially Andrew were very helpful and we will be back soon for more swimming! "Find water, get in water, and let it happen!"

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank AMNMedia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband, granddaughter and myself stayed here 3 nights. The second day our room was not cleaned. Rather, the staff were all sitting outside the pool drinking champagne and sherbert. My 12 yr. Old granddaughter wanted to swim, so we went out to the pool only to have this same on duty staff drinking in the actual pool, and acting like immature idiots spraying everyone with squirt guns, screaming and overall acting like fools. This said group of employees actually began using a garden hose to spray each other. I do not recommend staying here unless of course you want to hear yelling, screaming and dirty rooms.

Room Tip: Don't choose room 135. It sits right next to a room where employees are in and out of at all hou...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna H
Bob K, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Our goal is to make every guest stay a memorable and enjoyable one.

I am sorry to learn that we failed in meeting your expectations.

I am investigating why you were not given service on the second day of your stay.

In respect to the staff at the pool, I will like for you to know along with all our future guests that the property was having an employee day at the pool.

The property has a culture where we have get togethers with all our staff. These get togethers are done at different locations, during your stay it was at the pool. The next get together will be off property.

This is a time where all the staff get together as a family and celebrate their successes and take time to relax.

I am sorry that the get together may have been portrayed in a different light. We have collectively taken a note of this for the future.

I will like to have the opportunity to speak with you and welcome your family back

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Let me say that I have stayed at other Econo Lodges, other $100 motels and hotels, but I would not stay here again. I needed to book a room on the fly for one night and I called this Econo a Lodge from the parking lot of the Mesa Verde Visitor's Center a place where my phone had limited reception, but we would loose it if we continued on our trip. I called and the phone rang and rang and rang. This was at 1 pm in the afternoon. Finally, a young man picked up the phone and asked me if I could call back in 10 minutes because they were in the middle of changing shifts. WHAT???? Really? You can't take a reservation because you need to go home? I should have hung up and make arrangements elsewhere, but I told the man I couldn't call back as I was about to lose cell service. Luckily, he took my info and made the reservation. When we got to the hotel and we were standing in the lobby, my husband turned to me and said "does it smell like s*** to you in here?" I have nasal polyps so I sometimes have trouble with smells, but the lobby did smell unpleasant. I was more focused on the dirty, filthy man ahead of us in line. I was disgusted. We checked in. I also noticed the breakfast area was set up on white collapsible tables, instead of the nice cabinets they had in the pics on TripAdvisor. When we got to our room, it looked like it was last updated in the 1980's, had stains all over the carpet, was missing molding from part of the wall, and had a window AC unit installed in the wall (I do have a pic of that). Otherwise the room was fine. The bed mattress or box spring looked new. We just stayed, slept, got our laundry washed, and left ASAP the next day. We skipped breakfast on account of the weird smell and all the dirty construction people we saw (and they were DIRTY).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara J
EconoLodge120, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us.

I will like to firstly apologise for the reservation experience you had. I have discussed this with my staff to make sure it does not happen again in the future.

The carpets in the rooms are all new and extracted regularly. The pattern has a design in it which is sometimes confused to portray a dirty carpet look, however I will like to assure all guests that this is not the case.

In respect to the construction workers, Cortez has a lot of gas and oil activity. The companies undertaking the work are multi nationals and the hotel only works with such companies. However due to the nature of the work, the workers come back to the property from oil rigs dirty.

The property currently does not have the workers staying at the econo Lodge, as they have finished the work in the area. We can reassure all our guests that they will not be experiencing the concerns anymore.

All our ac's are installed in sleeves that are made and designed to house ptac units for the hotel industry. This is the standard procedure for all new hotels also using ptac units.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I would just like to say the stay was awesome, everything was clean and comfortable. My friend Andrew who works at this hotel made sure we were all taken care of and it was very appreciated. I would definitely refer other friends and family to this hotel, good prices and comfortable stay.
Josh

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The management of this property appear to be making an effort to update the property. HOWEVER, BEWARE!! There are currently approximately 15 (or 20?) construction workers (and their office!) occupying a block of rooms. Assume they have been here for awhile and will continue to be here. They are up at 4 AM, slamming doors, clomping around, and generally making lots of noise! They return in the evening, picnic on the lawn and generally behave the same. And the parking lot is littered with cigarette butts because they are staying in no smoking rooms! We advised the office of this situation, but there was no improvement. Made for a very unpleasant stay. Sorry that we cannot recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank encee49

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent stay at the hotel.

After receiving your feedback the hotel spoke with the office manager of the company and asked that all its employees use the designated smoking area at the property and not smoke outside the rooms or litter the parking lot. This measure was also discussed with the company representative earlier.

The company has already finished the work in the area and are no longer staying at the property.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was a business trip. We had originally booked 3 nights but were able to extend it for a 4th night. Very decent rooms and close to all the activities in the 4 Corners Area. Will definitely stay in this motel when back in the region. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. Dad loved the waffles for breakfast! Pool was small but heated and clean. Originally booked this because of the economical rates but was pleasantly surprised with the amenities.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business