Super 8 Cortez/Mesa Verde Area
US$236
US$152
US$87
US$84
Best Western Turquoise Inn & Suites(Cortez)(Great Value!)
US$138
Tomahawk Lodge(Cortez)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$81
US$78
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesmesa verdecity markethot showermain streetstay there againtop floornice staynice breakfastnational parkfree breakfastgaschain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

this hotel shares a parking lot with a best western that is double the price. It is clean and provides a breakfast. It was a bit dated, however, it was clean and half the price. We only stayed one night and it was perfect for a quick stop.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MichelleO9453
Super8Cortez, Owner at Super 8 Cortez/Mesa Verde Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for staying with us in Cortez and for your helpful comments.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

My granddaughter and I took a side trip to Cortez on our way home from Oklahoma. We stopped to see Mesa Verde. I book this location based on reviews and price. I was very impressed with the front desk clerk. She was friendly and when I some how demagnetized my door keys she was very helpful in getting it solved. The continental breakfast was well done. Lots to choose from. My only concern was the air conditioner panel fell off during the night which startled me awake. Overall a very good place to stay.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Leigh J
Super8Cortez, Owner at Super 8 Cortez/Mesa Verde Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us in Cortez and for your comments.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The A/C here was horrible. We went to one room and it was just plain air coming out at times hot air. So we finally went to a new room and it started off that bed but got a little better. The front lady told us that all the A/C's are the same and said we shouldn't have that problem. There is no A/C in the hallways and the rooms are next to nonsmoking rooms so everything smells like smoke. The breakfast was nice and was average for a usual motel/Super 8. Overall, the service wasn't great and the rooms were horrible. We will NEVER stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Don S

Thank you for staying with us an for your comments. I am sorry to hear that you had difficulties with the air condition in the room. I spoke with the desk clerk that assisted you found that in the first room the unit was set to "vent" which just brings in air from outside with no cooling.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I hadn't planned on staying in Cortez, so just picked out a motel as I was driving through town. Fortunately, they still had a vacancy. The room itself was clean and comfortable. I was a little surprised at the old tube television, and the nails sticking up out of the corners of the table were certainly awkward. The breakfast area is way too small. The staff members I dealt with were all friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Super8Cortez, Owner at Super 8 Cortez/Mesa Verde Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us in Cortez and for your helpful comments. I am glad to hear that you found our rooms comfortable and our staff helpful.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The hotel is in a great central area with a huge variety of dining and shopping. It is also pretty close to Mesa Verde National Park which was the reason we chose it. I saw the reviews which were pretty good and since we were only staying one night I decided to give it a try. Was not expecting what we found. There isn't an elevator so we had to haul our luggage up to the second floor. The room didn't smell the best and was very dingy. The table in the room had nails in each corner where they nailed new legs to it and they didn't do a very good job. The breakfast was pretty good in the morning and the staff was friendly however I would not have wanted to stay there more than one night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us in Cortez and for your comments. I am glad to hear the you found our location great and our staff friendly. In regard to the room being dingy and the table, we have ordered new drapes and bed covering which should be in soon. New tables will be ordered once we have finished installing the new beds which is being done currently.