“Terrific stay”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison
Ranked #53 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We were just traveling through on I-94 and pricelined this property. I wish we could have stayed longer than just over night. As usual I presented my Priority Club card at check in to speed things up a bit. Always carry and present the reward/club card for any hotel chains you frequent. Even with coupons or priceline rooms I always seen to get better treatment. In this case I was upgraded to a King Suite that was outstanding, along with a free drink coupon for the bar or Starbucks in the lobby. Crowne Plazas typically have great beds and bedding and this was no exception. Also a separate couch and sitting area with sink, fridge, micro, and it's own flat screen TV. Windows open wide and the room was clean. Wonderful help and the front desk. My only regret is that we only had one night at this property.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
CrownePlazaGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Thank you for taking time out of your day to post your comments on Trip Advisor, during your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Madison. We are glad you enjoyed the accommodations, and hope you let us serve you during your next visit to Madison.

Reviewed 18 May 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here while passing through town. We got a great deal on Hotwire. No downside, all positives to say.
Right off interstate
Plenty of restaurants close by
Quick check in
Friendly staff
Clean room
Comfy bed
Quiet

No free breakfast but that's okay because we got the room so cheap.

• Stayed: May 2012
CrownePlazaGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We welcome all comments, so we may make any necessary corrections, as well as pass on the positive comments to our associates.

We are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Madison, and hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

This hotel has a very impressive lobby and a pretty good location if you want to be accessible to I-90-94-39 (but not downtown). However, the hotel is showing its age, especially in the saggy beds, scuffed paint and dirty carpets in the rooms. Internet access is free. There are many franchise dining options available (Outback, Texas Road House, etc). in addition to the limited bar menu in the hotel. Breakfast was not included in our Hotwire package, and would have been $13.50 which seemed a bit steep for WI. My advice, book on some package deal, because you could be dissappointed if you paid full price. Also, for Summer 2012, the access road on 151 is really torn up with construction. Be sure to request a room on the back or side of the building.

Room Tip: To avoid construction noise on Hwy 151, request a room on the east or the North side of the building...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Dear ScoutMidwest,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and apologize you were not satisfied with the accommodations received. It sounds like we fell below your expectations on this visit. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 May 2012

This hotel looks very nice from the outside and the inside lobby is acceptable as well. However after the 4 of us checked in we discovered two double beds for us to sleep on. One of the women was 7 months pregnant so that made for some tight sleeping arrangements to say the least. There was no frig or microwave (can't believe that in this day and age!!!) Then there was no sink or acceptable mirror outside of the bathroom so that others could dry their hair or put make up on while another person showered. The one mirror that was present didn't have a outlet near enough to plug in a hair dryer. No fan in the bathroom and it was so hot and steamed up after my shower I felt like I needed to take another shower when I got out!!! I will say the room was neat and clean. No problem with that. It was nice to see the Starbucks stand in the lobby and get a nice scone and cup of tea for breakfast:) However we also ate lunch at the hotel for our conference. Absolute worst lunch ever!!! The staff were polite and prompt so the service was fine but the food was terrible. The salad was a "slice" of off color iceberg lettuce with some milky slimely yellow dressing poured over it. The bread was old and dried out...perhaps from last night's spaghetti supper??? The main course of lasagna was all right but not to my liking...very bland. Thank goodness there was a piece of chocolate cake for dessert because that's all I really ate. Oh, don't let me forget that the water was turned off at 1:30 in the afternoon for a construction project out in front of the building and there were no working toilets for the rest of the conference. Nothing like having indoor "outhouses" available for everyone to use without flushing!!!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
CrownePlazaGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on trip advisor about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Madison. We always appreciate guest feedback, as it helps us see what we are doing right, and items that can improved upon. I am glad your were happy with the cleanliness, Starbucks, and the lobby of the hotel. However, I am sorry you were not happy with your room, and banquet food during your meeting. All your issues have been discussed with the Chef, and Chief Engineer of the hotel. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the water having to be turned off, while the city was working on the water lines. We tried to choose a time that would not interupt guests taking showers, etc.
Once again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

Checked into a non-smoking room that smelled like it had been smoked in for about twenty years. Stayed for four days and had to visit the front desk every day to have my card reset, which was obviously annoying. The staff kept asking if I was keeping it by my cell phone which I'm careful not to. It was found to be a clerical mistake on the last day. I was in Madison on business and had to be up extremely early, but unfortunately the school aged wrestlers that occupied almost my entire floor didn't. Pretty much a terrible experiance! Staff was nice and food at the bar was pretty good, and there's a starbucks.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
CrownePlazaGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking time out of your day to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry for the inconveniences you incured during your stay with us. I have spoken with housekeeping regarding the smokey smell in your room. Unfortunately although we are a non-smoking hotel we do sometimes have guests that do smoke in the rooms. The housekeeping department is typically good about noticing this, and we do a deep clean of the room. I have also spoken with the Front Office Manager in regards to your key issue. I am glad you felt the staff was friendly and the food was good in Growlers; however we want all services to be above expectations, and I am disappointed we did not meet those expectations. I hope you do give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel had very comfortable beds and a very clean professional environment. With a restaurant on site there was not free breakfast, but everything else was wonderful. Recently remodeled rooms with a 12 noon checkout time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
CrownePlazaGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza, Madison, WI.
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us, as we strive to provide the finest service in the area.
We look forward to having you stay at the Crowne Plaza, during your next travels to Madison, WI.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

From the minute we stepped foot into the hotel, it was a positive experience. Very nice lobby with view of the pool and fitness area. There was a Starbucks inside the lobby as well. Staff was friendly and the rooms were very clean and well stocked with towels. There was also a full restaurant. Worth paying a little "extra" to get a top hotel. The rooms were a bit small (we had two double beds for the 4 of us) but very clean and modern. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
CrownePlazaGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza in Madison, WI. We are certainly happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide the finest service in the Madison area, and look forward to serving you in the future.

General Manger