“Worst I've stayed in!”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison
Ranked #51 of 63 Hotels in Madison
“Worst I've stayed in!”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Switched rooms 3 times! Dirty, smelly, loud! Adjoining room door(my moms room) was falling apart and barely opened/shut. Way too much for the price. $85 per room on Priceline. Maybe they give the bad rooms to Priceline stayers. Staff was ok but would've been nice if the mgr would've put us in a decent room. We had a really long drive and wanted to relax now all can do is obsess about this icky room :(

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank T H
, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time post your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Madison. However I am very disappointed that you were moved 3 times, and unhappy with your room. We strive to offer the finest service in the area, and it is disappointing when we do not exceed those expectations.

Once again, thank you for the comments.

Sandy Harper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Reviewed 20 June 2012

The service at this hotel is excellent. They are well trained, prompt and friendly. The hotel housekeeping staff is excellent. Unfortunately, the linens, carpet and the hotel needs a major face lift.

Finally, the beds are not comfortable at all. Beds are more like a 1-2 star hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post your comments in regards to your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Madison. We pride ourselves in providing the finest service in the area, and I am glad our staff met your expectations. We have renovated one floor of the hotel, with hopes of completing more this year.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Sandy Harper

Travellers are raving about these Madison hotels

Midwest USA
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I stayed here for one night just recently - $62 on priceline.com. I needed a decent room (3 star minimum) for just a quick in and out. The staff was very friendly and check-in was easy. Unfortunately, the hotel is very dated. My room had a dusty, old black fan sitting on the floor of the room. It was running when we walked in the room - strange! My 4 1/2 year old daughter found it odd as well. The rooms decor and furniture is definitely showing it's age. The pool was dirty (my daughter dove for stones in the bottom of the pool) and it was very cold. Overall, it served its purpose but would not be a top choice.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank China101
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza, Madison. It is disappointing you had some negative comments, as we do strive to provide the finest service and accomadations in the area. From your comment in regards to the fan in your room, you were in a Pure Room. It takes all the allergents out of the air, and makes the room hypo-allergenic. However, it should not have been dusty. I am sorry the pool was cold, and will certainly discuss with the engineering department that you felt it was not clean.

Once again, I thank you for your comments, as it assists us in solving any issue the hotel is having.

MN
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed here for a family wedding..the reception was held in the hotel also. We missed booking a room in the block of family rooms set aside, so were forced to pay the higher rate...of which they tried to charge me $10 more per night upon check-in. While the hotel is clean, and fairly swanky, our recently remodeled room had 2 double beds in it.... way too small of a bed size for 4 adults. Most hotels we have stayed in have a dbl Qn. as a standard. The bathroom had no fan, and the door lock needed replacing. The result was a humid hot bathroom with no ventilation, so it was difficult to apply make-up with sweat pouring down my face!! Also the no slip strips on the tub were horrible...it was very slippery. The AC didn't seem to work right either. Our room thermometer said it was 60 degrees...impossible. We would have frozen at that temp! There only seemed to be one luggage cart for the whole 6 floor building too. Of course, we weren't able to find it when we needed it. There was NO fridge or Microwave in the room either. For $140 a night, I expected alot more. When I expressed my dismay at the price, the beds, and the bathroom, the desk clerk apologized and offered me some coffee or soda for my trouble. REALLY?? I have stayed in much nicer hotels with more amenities for ALOT less money. I won't be staying with this hotel chain again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
CrownePlazaGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor in regards to your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza, Madison. I am sorry your stay was not what you expected. Unfortunately the hotel does only have double and king bedded rooms, and although some of the rooms do have microwaves and refrigerators, they are not in all guest rooms. I do apologize for the slippery tub, and air conditioner not working properly.

Although it is certainly disappointing to receive negative comments, it does assist us in repairing issues within the hotel, as it is our goal to provide the finest service and accommadations in the area.

Bandon, OR
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We usually love to come to this hotel when we come to Madison and were so looking forward to three good swims over the weekend. However, the pool was so cold that I only braved it once. We complained and they turned the heat up. It went up one degree from Friday until Sunday morning. The location is good; the rooms are nice, the beds are great, and the service is good. They used to have two or three computers; now they have just one. If the pool had been pleasant and they had two computers again, I would give this five stars, even though the jets in the hot tub were broken.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thanks you for taking the time for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. I was pleased you were happy with the service you received, as well as the cleanliness, and comfort of the beds.

However, I was very disappointed there was an issue with the pool/hot tub. It is an amenity that many of our guests enjoy, and we do our best to ensure it is working properly at all times.
We typically do have two computers for our guests, and unfortunately one is being repaired.

Once again, thank you for your comments. We strive to provide the finest service and accommadations in the area, and look forward to serving you in the future.

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This hotel is good for a one or two night business stop over. I would not stay here for a luxury getaway, but it was fine for our business meetings. Bed was comfortable, room was clean, room service was decent and there is a Starbucks in the lobby. What else do you need for one or two nights? The location is probably the best attribute. Right across the street from a shopping mall and lots of restaurants.

The one downside for a business traveler is there is no business center in the hotel. I needed to print a few things the morning of my meeting, but all they have is one computer and one printer (no copier) next to the front desk. Very awkward actually. The printer wasn't working, but luckily there was a Fedex office (formerly Kinkos Copy Center) less than a mile down the road. So...don't count on getting any last minute copies or prints if you stay here.

• Stayed June 2012
CrownePlazaGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza, Madison, WI. I am disappointed that you had problems with the printer while you were here, and I aplogize that no one offered to make copies for you. I will certainly address this with the Guest Service Manager, as we do have copy machines in the offices. Thank you for bringing it to my attention, as we strive to provide the finest service in the Madison area.

Fergus Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We were just traveling through on I-94 and pricelined this property. I wish we could have stayed longer than just over night. As usual I presented my Priority Club card at check in to speed things up a bit. Always carry and present the reward/club card for any hotel chains you frequent. Even with coupons or priceline rooms I always seen to get better treatment. In this case I was upgraded to a King Suite that was outstanding, along with a free drink coupon for the bar or Starbucks in the lobby. Crowne Plazas typically have great beds and bedding and this was no exception. Also a separate couch and sitting area with sink, fridge, micro, and it's own flat screen TV. Windows open wide and the room was clean. Wonderful help and the front desk. My only regret is that we only had one night at this property.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
CrownePlazaGM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your day to post your comments on Trip Advisor, during your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Madison. We are glad you enjoyed the accommodations, and hope you let us serve you during your next visit to Madison.