“Good, Solid Renovated Hampton” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area

Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area
Ranked #6 of 61 Hotels in Madison
Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
“Good, Solid Renovated Hampton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed two nights (Mon and Tues) second week of June on business. Checked in smoothly late afternoon as there was no line. Front desk experience was quick, efficient and pleasant as you would expect from a property frequented by business travelers. All the HHonors stuff was handled well and I was on my way to my room. The exterior and lobby look really nice thanks to a recent renovation. The room was also really nice, clean, modern, etc. I like it that you can roll the workstation desk around to where you want it, although having a lamp with extra power plugs on the desk was missed. Kind of a trade off I guess. Quick freeway access, plenty of restaurant choices - this is now my Madison hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dave c
Phillip M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your complimentary review of Hampton Inn Madison East with the TripAdvisor community! You touched on a lot of great features that our property offers, and we genuinely hope future guests can use your review to make future booking decisions. As an entire staff, we're honored you have chosen us to be your preferred hotel in Madison.

We look forward to serve you on future stays. If I can be of any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Best regards,
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I have had very good experiences when we stay in Hampton Inns so I now look for them when booking a hotel. During our recent stay in Madison, WI I chose the Hampton Inn East Towne location because it was also quite inexpensive at $99.00 for the night, plus taxes. It's farther away from the center of town but an easy drive and worth the savings on the hotel room. Everything was very good- the room, the service, the complimentary breakfast. My only complaint or suggestion was that the bottom sheet or perhaps the mattress pad got all "bunchy" while I was sleeping, instead of being nice and taut as I prefer. But all things considered, you can't go wrong with the Hampton Inn East Towne.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DonnieOshkosh
Phillip M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community! One of our goals is to provide all guests with the best value possible, and ensure that service and facilities exceed your expectations. I will certainly share your kind words with our staff at the property. I appreciate you pointing out the trouble you had with the bed linen--I will make our housekeeping team aware of it so future guests do not encounter the same issue.

We would be delighted to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to the Madison area.

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at hotel and had my belongings went through and when confronted management they promised reward points redemption which they failed to honor. When I had to extend stay they didn't want to match competitor rate less than 1 mile away. So I went to competitor.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 1xterra
Thank you for sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. We take any issues regarding guest safety and security very seriously, and I would welcome the opportunity to follow up with you personally so we can resolve the matter. It is never our intent to fail to follow through on a promise.

Please feel free to reach out to me by calling the hotel directly at 608-244-9400 and I will address the issues--both issues during your stay and with regard to points--promptly.

Chicago, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We chose the Hampton Inn East Town Mall for a weekend getaway from Chicago.

As this is not something we do often, we tried very hard to find a hotel that was reputable, close to downtown and had easy access to the freeway. This ticked all of the boxes nicely.

When we arrived, we found the lobby to be very sleek and well appointed. It was mid-afternoon and we were pretty tired from driving so it was a pleasure when we saw a well stocked area offering coffee.

We each reached for a cup of decaf only to find that it was cold. Ugh.

I turned to the front desk clerk and said "The decaf is cold". Her response was "sorry". No offer to make a new pot, no suggestion that I might want to heat it up in the microwave that I was not aware was there until the next day.

I realize this is a small thing but when you've been travelling, a nice cup of hot coffee makes a very big difference.

I cannot find fault with the room. It was exceptional! It felt brand new. Everything was spit spot and I loved that they had signs letting us know that the duvet covers are washed fresh for each new customer.

The cable was great but did not offer a schedule so we had to constantly flip through the channels to see what was on. A minor inconvenience. Certainly not something that would effect whether I come back or not.

The next morning while I was drinking coffee and partaking of their very nice complimentary breakfast, I noticed a random charge on my debit card.

When we registered the day before, I was asked for a credit card for "incidentals". I gave the clerk my debit card.

When I enquired about the charge I was told that a certain amount (I think $200.00) was automatically held on my card. This was not information I was given. If I had been informed I would have chosen another card.

Between this and the crappy attitude about the coffee the day before, I found myself pretty cranky.

I pointed out to the desk clerk the issues I was experiencing and while she was very apologetic she told me numerous times that "this is standard operating proceedure" in all hotels.

Well, I beg to differ. This is not my first stay in a hotel. Every hotel has a different policy and it is the responsibility of that hotel to inform you when you register what the specific policies are so you can make an educated choice of how you want to proceed.

This did not happen. It was a pain in the patoot to get it straightened out and it added an incredible amount of stress to our quiet weekend away.

If we had been informed and treated a little more kindly upon our arrival, I would have given this hotel 5 stars. We really liked it.

But here's the thing...you can be staying in a palace and if the customer service is less than stellar, your stay is too.

My adivce is to ask questions (not your responsibility) but in the end you're stay will be a lot better than ours was.

Room Tip: The walls are thin. No way around that. You can hear people in the hallways very clearly.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Phillip M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community. As an entire team, we appreciate the thorough review and apologize for the areas in which we did not meet your expectations. Our goal as a staff is to create a warm, welcoming environment and I sincerely apologize this was not your experience.

I would be happy to discuss your stay with you further. Feel free to reach out to me at pmattsson-boze@ncghotels.com or via phone at 608-244-9400. We are committed to providing each guest with an outstanding stay, every time and I hope we can resolve the issues you experienced so your next stay will be exceptional.

Thank you for your review and your business.

Vinton, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The place was very clean, and staff was helpful. Our friends on another floor had trouble with air conditioner. Staff did try to fix but were not very successful. Was very noisy and did not work most of the time. Ours was okay. I really like that staff left extra towels and soap items at our door when we left our DO NOT DISTURB sign on door. This is the first time we have experienced that. Nice touch!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your review of Hampton Inn Madison East. It was a real pleasure having all the folks in town for Wing Ding! I apologize for the issues you and your friends encountered with the AC units in your room; our units are monitored and serviced regularly and I regret yours was not fully operational.

Thank you for highlighting our "do not disturb" package in your review. Our housekeeping team will be happy to hear their efforts were noticed and appreciated!

Whenever your travels bring you back to Madison, it will be our pleasure to serve you again.

West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I've stayed here a few weeks for work already and definitely planning on coming back. I absolutely love the staff and the "above and beyond" in so many different ways that I've never seen before. Everything is awesome!

The only inconvenience for me is lack of a laundry room (standard in most Hamptons?).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Phillip M, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Madison East Towne Mall Area, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your great review of Hampton Inn Madison East and for your loyalty to our property! As an entire staff, we appreciate your kind words--our goal is to create a warm, welcoming environment for all guests that we serve. Indeed, we do not have laundry facilities on site; all Hampton Inn and Suites properties come standard with this guest amenity, however.

Thanks again for taking the time to review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to serving you again.

Highlandville, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is a beautiful new Hampton Inn location. We stayed there recently while attending a funeral. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous. The room was spacious and clean. We did mot take advantage of the pool but it looked very nice and was surrounded by a very nice outdoor patio. The morning breakfast was quite good with a good variety. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your review of Hampton Inn Madison East with the TripAdvisor community! We are very fortunate to have been meticulously renovated at the end of 2013, and we love hearing the positive feedback regarding our upgrades! Thank you for your kind words about our staff as well--I will certainly pass them along.

Whenever your travels bring you back to Madison, we will be delighted to serve you again.