“Not that great”

Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison
Ranked #45 of 63 Hotels in Madison

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Kyle M, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Better than expected. Breakfast food was ok, coffee great, attendant was a Rock Star entertainer. Would go back just to hear him entertain as he made the room of gloomy faces light up. great way to wake up. Wish I had brought my swim suit. fabulous indoor pool.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for your kind review, we take pride in the customer service we are able to give to our guests, We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! ! I will pass along the positive feedback with our staff and Mike our Breakfast attendant he will be thrilled to hear!, We appreciate all input! Thanks again for staying at the Howard Johnson Plaza! We hope to see you back in Madison real soon!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The hotel accomodated my needs - to be shuttled from airport to the hotel and back to the airport. My room was very clean and exceptionally well decorated with up-to-date design. A good overall experience!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Kyle M, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for your kind review, we take pride in the customer service we are able to give to our guests, We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! ! I will pass along the positive feedback with our staff, We appreciate all input! Thanks again for staying at the Howard Johnson Plaza! We hope to see you back in Madison real soon!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I'd never stayed at a Howard Johnson before and wasn't sure what to expect. The lobby and room were up-to-date for an average room. My biggest disappointment was that our room had horrible wi-fi where we were located. Other guests reported it being fine. The breakfast was good (scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit, oatmeal, muffins) that was made excellent by Mike, the man who was so energetic that it was catching. Aside from the wi-fi, my only complaint was as we went to check we had everything we found small garbage (plastic wrappers and some other items) between the bedskirt and bed stand that we know weren't ours.This caused our ranking to slip from excellent to average in cleanliness. The workout room had above-average equipment (except one of two treadmills wasn't working) except the hours were awful (7 a.m. opening versus earlier) especially considering there are no rooms nearby to disturb and was too hot.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for your kind review, we take pride in the customer service we are able to give to our guests, We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! I do apologize about the bed skirt issue and I will pass a long this information to my housekeeping supervisor. Our game room and work out room are 24/7 but our pool does have to close at 11pm but it reopens at 7am! I will pass along the feedback with our staff, We appreciate all input! Thanks again for staying at the Howard Johnson Plaza! We hope to see you back in Madison real soon!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I was just hoping to find a room for Homecoming weekend. I did, at the Howard Johnson and I was very happy with everything. Super friendly staff from my booking the room until I checked out. It is in a great location. Easy access to the Interstate or to Downtown. It was super clean from the public restrooms to my room. The pool was enormous. Game room, exercise room, awesome bar and a real hot, free breakfast. I even saw they have a fish fry. If I haven't mentioned the great staff and service it is something to repeat. Everyone I passed said "hello" and asked if I needed anything. My room was everything I wanted. Big, comfortable bed, plenty of space and storage, and the bathroom looked newly remodeled. Definitely going to use them again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review, we take pride in the customer service we are able to give to our guests, We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! I will pass along the positive feedback with our staff, We appreciate all input! Thanks again for staying at the Howard Johnson Plaza! We hope to see you back in Madison real soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Kyle M, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013