“Howard Johnson- Madison”

Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison
Ranked #44 of 63 Hotels in Madison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Milwauke, Wi
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The rooms were clean. The pool was AWESOME. Breakfast was GREAT! Proximity to the mall was a bonus I had not counted on.

The only area that was sub-standard was the front desk staff. Upon check-in they were completely mystified by my request to pay in advance and to pay part with a check from our school and part in cash. I also told her MULTIPLE times that I needed 2 adjoining rooms and a third room near them. When she handed me my keys, the third room was across the hotel from my adjoining rooms and I had to make her start all over again. It literally took 30 minutes to check me in, and THEN when I checked out which I did to make sure that my personal credit card (used to secure the room) wasn't charged for anything the guy had NO record of my payment, and I had to go fish out my receipt (which luckily I had insisted the lady print for me) to prove I had already paid.

One other problem we encountered was a loud, drunken party keeping my cheerleaders from sleeping. They had a big competition the next day so this was less than ideal. However, I'm not sure there is much Howard Johnson's could have done to fix that situation.

All that being said I would likely stay here again because the parts that affected my cheer team (cost, swimming pool, adjoining rooms, clean rooms) were so positive. I just sure hope by next year the staff has gotten some additional training.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Kyle M, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for your kind review, we take pride in the customer service we are able to give to our guests, We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! I'm sorry to hear about the troubles at check in to clerify we do have ajoining rooms, but for rooms close to one another or to have an ajoining room we put those in as requests unfortually this is something that we can never guarantee these requests on busy weekends. I will pass along the feedback with our staff! We appreciate all input! Thanks again for staying at the Howard Johnson Plaza! We hope to see you back in Madison soon!

Warmest regards!

The staff at the Howard Johnson Plaza
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 February 2014

during the past few weeks i and my family have stayed here at the howard johnson in madison wisconsin. we have been treated with the most curteous service and respect, the room service is excellent. during the day breakfast is served and one of the staff greets you with a "good morning and how are you doing". there are so many good things to say, i can only end by saying "welcome to Madison and if you stay here you will find your stay most enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Kyle M, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for your kind review, we take pride in the customer service we are able to give to our guests, We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! I will pass along the positive feedback with our! We appreciate all input! Thanks again for staying at the Howard Johnson Plaza! We hope to see you back in Madison soon!

Warmest regards!

The staff at the Howard Johnson Plaza
Travellers also viewed these Madison hotels
Best Western East Towne Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites Madison Airport
Econo Lodge Madison
Econo Lodge Madison
#47 of 63 in Madison
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Madison East
Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Madison

Been to Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison

Property: Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison
Address: 3841 E Washington Ave, Madison, WI 53704-3648
Region: United States > Wisconsin > Madison
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #44 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison 2.5*
With the largest indoor pool in town and one of the best room rates, our full-service Howard Johnson Madison hotel is located near Dane County Regional Airport with airport shuttle service available. Our Madison, WI, hotel offers easy access to Interstates 39, 90 and 94, with easy access for events at Lake Mendota, UW Madison, the state capitol and Alliant Energy Center. Enjoy our enormous game room, work out in the fitness center, or a soak in the whirlpool during your stay. Guest room amenities include free Wi-Fi Internet access and refrigerators are available upon request. Handicapped-accessible rooms are available at our pet-friendly Madison, Wisconsin, hotel, and there is parking for your truck, bus or RV. Room service is available or you can enjoy a meal at the Northwood's Bar & Grill, our on-site restaurant. After a sound sleep, start fresh with complimentary Rise and Dine continental breakfast with a hot buffet before heading out. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Madison Hotel Madison