“July 4th Trip 2013”

Ranked #35 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Naperville, Illinois
“July 4th Trip 2013”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Great Hotel. We took our 9 and 7 year old to Madison for a couple of nights. The Hotel is clean and the staff were very friendly. The restaurant was great too. Good breakfast and kids eat free later in the day. There's a good strip mall close by in Middleton and Downtown Madison is 15 Minutes or so. We also visited Cave on the Mounds .... You should try it. Kids loved the waterpark in the Hotel. Kudos to the lifeguards who jumped in to help two little kids who came down the slide but couldn't swim. They were great.

We would return.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites with your family - The Crawdaddy Cove waterpark is a great getaway for small children. I appreciate you letting us know about our Life Guard doing a great job and will share with our staff. The hotel has a Benvenuto's Italian Grill Restaurant open breakfast lunch and dinner and kids eat free 12 and under. We hope to see you again when you are getting away to Madison for a fun weekend

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Barnesville, Ohio
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

My 10 Year Old Grandson And I Stayed HeRe On Our Way To Minnesota. I Loved This Hotel! It Was In A Nice Location And Was Very Clean. We Had A Room With Bunk Beds And A King Size Bed. The Room Was Very Nice. The Room Had A Backdoor That Led Too A Balcony That Had Steps Down To The Water Park. The Water Park Was Small But Very Nice. I Would Definitely Stay Here Again And Would Recommend It To Anyone.

• Stayed July 2013
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites home of Crawdaddy Cove waterpark. It is a great place to travel to with small children. They can enjoy our slides and it is less stressful for the parents since it it not as large as some of the waterparks. We have a variety of room types to choose from to accommodate your bed needs from Kids Suites with bunk beds to family suites. All rooms include refrigerators, microwaves and access to Crawdaddy Cove. We look forward to seeing you again when you are visiting our area with your family.
Hereford, AZ
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I chose this hotel mostly for the Crawdaddy Cove water park inside the hotel. We were traveling on our way to the Mall of America and stayed here on a Saturday. The hotel was busy, with both a wedding party downstairs in the conference room and many kids playing in the pool.

My four-year-old grandson loved this, and we were in the pool both in the evening and early in the morning before check-out. This pool is ideal for kids eight years old and younger who can not swim. The slides are not dangerous and kids can walk in the water that is about a foot deep at its deepest. Lifeguards walk around watching.

The downside to this pool is how muggy the pool area is once you enter. The chlorine vapors got to me right away. (It wasn't so bad in the morning, when the outside doors were open for ventilation). There were many people in both pools so that there was no time to relax, and neither pool provided for a true swimming experience. So if you prefer lap swimming in a quiet pool, this place is definitely not for you!

The pool aside, the staff was very friendly. The room was large and clean. We had a pizza next door at Benutos which also served several Wisconsin-brewed beers and the next morning enjoyed the $10 breakfast buffet.

This hotel is ideal for families with small children. Business travelers may want someplace more quiet to get some rest. Depending on when you get here, it can also be quite expensive.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you for staying with us while you were traveling this summer. Crawdaddy Cove Waterpark is a fun waterpark for small children. The boat area is 0 depth so they can sit and play or go into the deeper water to go down the slides. Our onsite restaurant Benvenutos is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner - and it's great because kids eat free with adults when staying at the hotel. The hotel has a variety of room types for families or just couples traveling.

We hope to see you again when you are visiting our area.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. The pool area is extremely fun for kids and they have plenty of lifeguards on duty. The lobby has a piano and bar. There is also a little shop where you can buy various snacks and UW gear.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites for your getaway for the holiday weekend with your family. Crawdaddy Cove Waterpark is the perfect park for kids of all ages especially 12 and under - Families can all relax and enjoy without the stress of wondering where they are. Our restaurant and lounge is perfect for your families meals - especially with the Holiday Inn - Kids Eat Free Program - you don't even have to leave the hotel.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know about your stay

Hope to see you again soon

Manager
Lincoln, Rhode Island
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I have stayed here twice, on business. I found the Holiday Inn West to be a great place to stay. It was clean and very pleasant. When I left, they were in the process of installing new carpeting, though the old seemed fine to me. I will get to see the new when I am back again in June.

The lobby and the lobby bar are very pleasant for sitting and having a drink and reading a book after a full day of training at a software vendor in the area. I enjoyed the on-site restaurant too. The food was good and the setting pleasant.

There are a few other nice restaurants within walking distance.

The hotel's shuttle service was second to none. They took us in to downtown Madison for sight seeing and dinner and picked us up on a schedule that was convenient for us.

The staff was also friendly and helpful.

The indoor pool looked like a water park. I did not use it but it looked great for the kids.

On my first trip, my room's windows looked down into the waterpark/pool. This was fine except that it made the room rather dark, particularly in the morning - no bright sunshine to get you out of bed. If you had family using the pool, I imagine it would be nice to be able to look down and see them but since I did not, I would rather have been looking outside - which I did on my 2nd trip. My recommendation is that you ask for which ever you want. I was not bothered by noise from the pool even with my window looking down on it.

Other people that I was traveling with got rooms with bunk beds for kids and whirlpool tubs in the middle of the room. Both sounded interesting depending on the nature of your stay but I did not see them. Though, if you don't want these accommodations, you might want to request your preference.

I had great stays here in April and May of 2013.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking into the pool or not according to your preference. The pool side rooms are a...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your travels to Madison. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel and the staff. We do have a variety of room types to choose from so you can always request a king bed or suite when you are booking your reservation. We are looked within walking distance to area restaurant and shopping, however we do offer shuttle based on availability. All of our rooms do have refrigerators and microwaves as well and we do have our on-site Benvenuto's lounge and restaurant a great place to unwind after a busy day with great happy hour drink prices and appetizers.

We look forward to see you the next time you are visiting our area.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a soccer tournament weekend. The rooms are nice and the kids liked the water park. The adults liked the lobby bar area. This is a very nice Holiday Inn and a place I would stay on business if I traveled here again. We will be staying again next month for another soccer tournament. Complaints.....not many...maybe just a slow elevator due to the place being full. See you in a month!

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are happy you and your family enjoyed our hotel and Crawdaddy Cove Waterark. It is great for teams and parents to stay - with our waterpark and restaurant and lounge we have something to offer for everyone in the family. And we even offer the Kids Eat Free Program.

We offer a variety of room types to accommodate your family. We hope to see you and your soccer team next year.
Baytown, TX
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I went to Madison for the annual Epic Conference and stayed in Holiday Inn & Suties Madison west. This hotel is nice. The lobby is great and it has a restaurant right next door. the room was spacious and two great TV's. The only complaint I had was the room air condition. It was right by the bed and was very noisy. the last night I did not use it cause it was cold. So I did get a god night sleep.
If you do come for something other than business, the hotel has a great indoor waterpark. I did not get to use it but did send pictures to my kids.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Epic. The hotel does provide complimentary shuttle from the airport to Epic and to area restaurants and shopping. All of our rooms do include microwaves, refrigerators and complimentary internet access. We have a full service restaurant and lounge on property so you can relax after a long day of training or work.

Thank you for letting us know about your stay and we look forward to seeing you again
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Comfort Suites Madison West
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Madison Central
Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!