“Great new Italian Restaurant”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West
Ranked #35 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great new Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I was recently in town for business and chose to stay at the Holiday Inn. I like their IHG Rewards program and found that this one has an Italian restaurant which seems a little out of the norm for a Holiday Inn. The hotel seems like it can use a little updating and the decor in the lobby seems a little over the top but overall it was a great stay. The Italian restaurant Benventuos was great! The food and service were both superior from just about any other hotel restaurant I have eaten at.

This hotel has a small indoor water park which didnt really bother me because I dont usually utilize these facilities when traveling on business but it would be annoying if I did.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
We are happy that you had the opportunity to try our restaurant Benvenuto's Italian Grill located inside the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and offers a variety of entrees, from pasta, seafood or steaks. It is great for families as well and offers the Holiday Inn Kids Eat Free Program. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay and we hope to see you again when you are coming back to Madison for business or pleasure

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I recently stayed at Holiday Inn and Suites in Madison, WI on a business trip to Epic. On Friday, December 20, as I was reconciling the charges on my corporate credit card I noticed a charge for $263.75 in addition to my room charge. I called the hotel and they told me that I was charged a
smoking fee. This was a surprise to me since I have never smoked anything in my life. The front desk clerk said that she would talk to the head housekeeper and get back to me on Sunday. Sunday came and went without a call. On Thursday, December 26, I called the hotel again and asked for the manager. The front desk clerk told me that the manger was not in, but she or the manager would call me before 3:00pm. 3:00 pm came and went without a call. I then called the hotel again (3rd time). The front desk clerk told me that she did talk to her manager but they had to talk to the other front desk clerk before she (the manager) could talk with me. Today, December 31, still no call back from the hotel. So I called again (4th time), asked for the manager. This time the person who answered stated that she was the manager. I explained to her what happened. She was not helpful. She was defensive and unwilling to do anything. She said my only option was to dispute the charge with my credit card company. I have already submitted my paperwork to dispute the charge. According to the manager, they say that they found ashes by the window and had to close the room I stayed in for three days. This is ridiculous, I have never smoked anything in my life and I did not smoke in this room. In fact, I spent very little time in this room and did not have any visitors. If they truly found ashes in the room, they would have had to be left there by someone else.

This was not the only billing issue I had at this hotel, when I checked out they had my room charged to another organization. I had to convince the desk clerk that I was not with the other group and to please put my room charges on my credit card.

I am very dissatisfied with the response (non-response) in resolving my issue at this hotel. This experience will impact any future decisions to stay at a Holiday Inn property. Additionally, my organization will not use this hotel for future visits to Epic.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank sauncm1
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West. We appreciate you letting us know about the smoking charges you received and the way you feel it was handled. The hotel is a non-smoking hotel and we want all of our travelers to be aware of this by signing the registration card at check in stating the charges. When a room is smoked in we do have to put it out of order to make sure it is clean and ready for our next guest. We do appreciate your business and the General Manager would like the opportunity to talk with you further to make sure your concerns are resolved and that we can be given the opportunity to make things right for you and your company travelers. Our goal is to make sure everyone has a comfortable and enjoyable stay at our hotel. We hope you will give us a second chance.
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Have stayed here a couple of times on business, the staff are courtesies and well trained. Rooms will be due an update soon, if you like a soak in the bath make sure you ask for an upgraded room. If you don't mind a low press shower then stay on the 4th floor, its quieter up there

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us while you are traveling to Madison for business. The hotel is located on Madison's West side and located just 3 blocks from many restaurants and shopping. We offer a full service restaurant and lounge on property, as well as our fitness center and business center. Complimentary internet is provided in all guest rooms. We look forward to seeing you again when you are visiting our area.
Galesville, WI
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This hotel was a great value for our family. My grandkids loved the waterpark, and it was just the right size for young children. The front desk and pool staff were attentive and helpful. The lobby is beautiful, and the breakfast buffet was okay. Overall, I liked this place and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Just tell the staff what you need. If you need a quiet room--or a room with easy pool access, let th...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us for your getaway with your family. It is the perfect place to visit - your children can have fun in Crawdaddy Cove Waterpark and adults can relax in the whirlpool or just unwind at our Benvenuto's Bar - The Holiday Inn offers a variety of room types to choose from to fit your travel needs and we offer the Holiday Inn Kids Eat Free program as well so you don't even have to leave the hotel.

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon when you are traveling our way
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a family night away before we went to a play in Fort Atkinson. We booked this hotel due to the fact it advertised a water park and we have family in Madison. If your children are very little the water park is great, but we have a 6 and 8 year old and that is probably the oldest that would enjoy it. The first room we were given had a view of the pool which was nice to look at, but the chlorine smell was terrible. We called the front desk and they were working on finding us a new room when a maintenance man came by. He could see we were standing outside our room, the chlorine smell was too strong for us to even be in there. He immediately got on his radio and found us a new Room. If you are sensitive to smells at all make sure you get a room not facing the pool. Our room was a room at the end of the hall so it was extra large. We loved the room, the view everything until it came time to go to bed. Our room had a bunk bed room which the kids thought was great, but every time they moved the bed squeaked. It was TERRIBLE. Not only did it squeak but screws fell out of it. We did eat lunch and breakfast at the restaurant and the food was ok, but not great. Breakfast is free so that was nice. If we needed a room somewhere in Madison we would consider this place again it was clean, and had a pool, but we wouldn't get a bunk bed room again.

• Stayed October 2013
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites while you were visiting the Madison area with family. The Crawdaddy Cove Waterpark is the perfect getaway with small children - however even adults can go down our slide. There is also a whirlpool, game area and boat area with slides for small children. I apologize our guest room did not meet your expectations, please contact our general manager at the hotel direct 608-203-4700 if you would like to discuss further. We do offer the kids eat free program in our Benvenuto's Italian Restaurant. The hotel is located just 3 blocks from over 25 stores and restaurants as well. The perfect location for relaxing and shopping. We hope you will give us a second chance when visiting our area
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel at the last minute. It was myself, wife and 10 year old daughter. On our way back home from Mayo's. The hotel looked very upscale and inviting. The rooms were clean. We ate at their in house restaurant. Very good food and reasonable considering it was a pricier menu. Now for the down side. Their advertised water park is extremely small though it did provide some entertainment for my daughter. The room above us had a children's birthday party going on. We heard every foot step running across the floor along with every jump off the bed to the floor. This went on until 11 pm. Awesome parental supervision. Then we received our 6:30 am wake up with the sound of the dumpster under our window being slammed about. We thought a thunder storm was blowing through. Then the room above us began their acrobats again. This is probably a nice hotel if it wasn't for all the unsupervised children running around. Probably a great place for a kid's birthday or a bachelor party but not so much if stopping in for a night's rest after spending all day on the road.

Stayed October 2013
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites home of Crawdaddy Cove Waterpark while you were passing through the Madison area. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our waterpark and Benvenuto;s Italian Grill Restaurant. I apologize you had to deal with the noise of one of our other quests. Our goal is to make sure our guests have a comfortable and relaxing stay. We hope you will give us a second chance when visiting our area.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Room was large and nicely decorated but beds/pillows not that comfortable to us. Front desk staff were nice and helpful. Pool area was unique and nice but small. Don't know I would necessarily call it a "water park", but my kids still had fun. Went on the weekend so seemed a little crowded and there was a B-day party there next to the pool area. Water and air
temperature in the pool area could have been warmer. If it was less crowded and water was warmer, would have had a better time. Wi-fi password given to me at check in didn't work on my phone (didn't inquire further into it; wasn't a big deal). Stayed there on our way back from the Dells, so it was a little underwhelming... But overall, nice hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us while you were passing through the Madison, and for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We appreciate your feedbeack about the waterpark and will address it with our staff. Our goal is to make sure our guests have a fun and enjoyable time during their stay with us. Crawdaddy Cove is the perfect getaway for a weekend with small children. We hope to see you again when you are visiting our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Comfort Suites Madison West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Madison Central
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!