“Business trip”

Ranked #34 of 63 Hotels in Madison
New Bedford, Massachusetts
“Business trip”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stayed at the hotel for business. The staff was very pleasant. Room was clean. The lobby was inviting with a fireplace. The attached restaurant was pretty good. I didn't get to try the pool, but the noise from the pool can be loud. The shuttle drivers were pleasant and willing to take us to local eateries.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the pool for a quieter environment.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West during your business trip to Madison. The hotel offers a relaxing lobby featuring our Benvenuto's Bar to enjoy your favorite cocktail after a long day of traveling or meetings. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The hotel offers complimentary airport shuttle and shuttle to area companies, restaurants and shopping based on availability. We offer a variety of room types to choose from - standard kings to king suites. We hope to see you again when you are traveling back to Madison for business or pleasure

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The water park is awful. It's a small slide and fountain for young children. Family of hotel staff stayed above us - 8 PEOPLE - noise was horrible. Staff unhelpful. Bars, etc closed due to high vacancy.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. The Crawdaddy Cove Waterpark is perfect for children ages 2 - 10. It features a boat area with small slides and 1 large slide that goes into the pool area. You can also relax in the whirlpool pool or play games in the game room area.
I apologize that our lobby bar area was not available for you during your stay. Our restaurant and bar - Benvenuto's is open 7am - 10pm daily. Please contact our hotel manager directly to discuss your concerns about the noise. Our goal is to make sure all of guest's have a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. We hope you will give us the opportunity to discuss your concerns, so you will give us a second chance when you are visiting our area.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We did not stay at the hotel, but paid for day passes to the Crawdaddy Cove Water park. I went with my almost 2 year old son.

Pros: My son loved the water park. There were several small slides he could go down by himself and some bigger ones I went with him. The water in the small pool was very warm and the temperature was pleasant. The park is free for young children. It was clean. It was not crowded; there were plenty of tables and you could swim and play without bumping into others.

Cons: $15 for an adult. The pool is not in pristine condition. There were lots of rust stains and many features had chipped paint or ropes that were old and frayed... It just looked a little tired. The large pool was very cold. I do not think that this would be a good water park for older kids (maybe 10 or 12). There is no changing area - just bathrooms with 1 stall and 1 shower. This proved challenging to get both my son and I dried and changed before heading home.

I would go back again because my son had so much fun. It was a good escape from winter.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank egersten
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
The Crawdaddy Cove Waterpark located in the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites is perfect for small children
The can play on one of our slides on our kiddie boat play area, or our slide that goes into the large pool. All of our rooms include up to 4 wristbands with your stay. We do offer day passes based on availability Sunday through Thursday - We recommend you call in the morning to make sure additional bands are being offered that day based on occupancy and pool hours.

Thank you for your comments and hope to see you and your family again when you are looking for something to do this winter.
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I was recently in town for business and chose to stay at the Holiday Inn. I like their IHG Rewards program and found that this one has an Italian restaurant which seems a little out of the norm for a Holiday Inn. The hotel seems like it can use a little updating and the decor in the lobby seems a little over the top but overall it was a great stay. The Italian restaurant Benventuos was great! The food and service were both superior from just about any other hotel restaurant I have eaten at.

This hotel has a small indoor water park which didnt really bother me because I dont usually utilize these facilities when traveling on business but it would be annoying if I did.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
We are happy that you had the opportunity to try our restaurant Benvenuto's Italian Grill located inside the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and offers a variety of entrees, from pasta, seafood or steaks. It is great for families as well and offers the Holiday Inn Kids Eat Free Program. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay and we hope to see you again when you are coming back to Madison for business or pleasure
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I recently stayed at Holiday Inn and Suites in Madison, WI on a business trip to Epic. On Friday, December 20, as I was reconciling the charges on my corporate credit card I noticed a charge for $263.75 in addition to my room charge. I called the hotel and they told me that I was charged a
smoking fee. This was a surprise to me since I have never smoked anything in my life. The front desk clerk said that she would talk to the head housekeeper and get back to me on Sunday. Sunday came and went without a call. On Thursday, December 26, I called the hotel again and asked for the manager. The front desk clerk told me that the manger was not in, but she or the manager would call me before 3:00pm. 3:00 pm came and went without a call. I then called the hotel again (3rd time). The front desk clerk told me that she did talk to her manager but they had to talk to the other front desk clerk before she (the manager) could talk with me. Today, December 31, still no call back from the hotel. So I called again (4th time), asked for the manager. This time the person who answered stated that she was the manager. I explained to her what happened. She was not helpful. She was defensive and unwilling to do anything. She said my only option was to dispute the charge with my credit card company. I have already submitted my paperwork to dispute the charge. According to the manager, they say that they found ashes by the window and had to close the room I stayed in for three days. This is ridiculous, I have never smoked anything in my life and I did not smoke in this room. In fact, I spent very little time in this room and did not have any visitors. If they truly found ashes in the room, they would have had to be left there by someone else.

This was not the only billing issue I had at this hotel, when I checked out they had my room charged to another organization. I had to convince the desk clerk that I was not with the other group and to please put my room charges on my credit card.

I am very dissatisfied with the response (non-response) in resolving my issue at this hotel. This experience will impact any future decisions to stay at a Holiday Inn property. Additionally, my organization will not use this hotel for future visits to Epic.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank sauncm1
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West. We appreciate you letting us know about the smoking charges you received and the way you feel it was handled. The hotel is a non-smoking hotel and we want all of our travelers to be aware of this by signing the registration card at check in stating the charges. When a room is smoked in we do have to put it out of order to make sure it is clean and ready for our next guest. We do appreciate your business and the General Manager would like the opportunity to talk with you further to make sure your concerns are resolved and that we can be given the opportunity to make things right for you and your company travelers. Our goal is to make sure everyone has a comfortable and enjoyable stay at our hotel. We hope you will give us a second chance.
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Have stayed here a couple of times on business, the staff are courtesies and well trained. Rooms will be due an update soon, if you like a soak in the bath make sure you ask for an upgraded room. If you don't mind a low press shower then stay on the 4th floor, its quieter up there

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us while you are traveling to Madison for business. The hotel is located on Madison's West side and located just 3 blocks from many restaurants and shopping. We offer a full service restaurant and lounge on property, as well as our fitness center and business center. Complimentary internet is provided in all guest rooms. We look forward to seeing you again when you are visiting our area.
Galesville, WI
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This hotel was a great value for our family. My grandkids loved the waterpark, and it was just the right size for young children. The front desk and pool staff were attentive and helpful. The lobby is beautiful, and the breakfast buffet was okay. Overall, I liked this place and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Just tell the staff what you need. If you need a quiet room--or a room with easy pool access, let th...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManagerps, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us for your getaway with your family. It is the perfect place to visit - your children can have fun in Crawdaddy Cove Waterpark and adults can relax in the whirlpool or just unwind at our Benvenuto's Bar - The Holiday Inn offers a variety of room types to choose from to fit your travel needs and we offer the Holiday Inn Kids Eat Free program as well so you don't even have to leave the hotel.

Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon when you are traveling our way
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Hampton Inn and Suites Madison West
Comfort Suites Madison West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton
Radisson Hotel Madison
Radisson Hotel Madison
#17 of 63 in Madison
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!