“Overnight Stay Business Trip”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison
Ranked #3 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Madison, United States
“Overnight Stay Business Trip”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Service could have been better. The room was a bit musty and they did not give me my honor points without me asking , yet again. I stay at this hotel frequently and they don't offer me any added benefits. I should at least have an upgraded room and I should not have to take my own waters to the room. I asked the front desk for coffee the staff person did not even look up, she used her hand to point towards the resturant. Very disappointing especially when I have the option to select another hotel less than one mile away. Which I think I will do when I return to town next week.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
ann arbor, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Doubletree Madison is my favorite location to stay for every business trip in the Madison area. The hotel is comfortable, easy to access, and the staff is very helpful in many ways. I enjoy the Badgerland Grill because it's a great place to relax and watch sports with good food available at all times. The front desk staff has been very helpful in locating and recommending local restaurants better than any other location where I've stayed in the Midwest.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Steven, Thank You for continuing to be a loyal guest of the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison and for continuing to provide us with valuable feedback. We are excited that our staff and location make your stay so helpful and convenient. Our very own Badgerland Bar & Grill is an excellent location to watch sports and grab a bite to eat! Thank You again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Double Tree is in the best location for walking around the State Street area. Everything was perfect -- clean room, pleasant staff, and convenient, free parking. This is my preferred place to stay when visiting Madison.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
John, Thank You for your great review and for selecting the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison while visiting the area. We agree our location is excellent for anything to do in the 'Mad City.' From State Street to the Capitol, all of Madison's local attractions are just footsteps from our door. Thank You again for your review and we are proud to be your preferred hotel in Madison!
Galesburg, IL, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife loved the warm cookies upon check in .. what a fun idea .. great staff .. super clean .. we were traveling by bicycle and they were very accomadating to our "special" needs .... will stay here again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Michael, Thank You for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison while visiting the area and for taking the time to provide us with fantastic feedback. Our warm, chocolate chip and walnut cookie is a favorite and makes for a sweet treat upon check-in. Again, Thank You for your recommendation and we hope to see you again soon!
Winona, MN, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Doubletree. My favorite was the warm chocolate chip cookies that were available whenever I requested one. The beds are also very comfortable and so were the pillows. The room was very clean and the hotel was very quiet. The hotel was also very close to the downtown area and the UW campus. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank You for staying with us and selecting the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison when traveling with your family. Our cookies are a hit and it is definitely hard to have just one! Being within walking distance of over 100 shops and restaurants, including State Street, makes our location a great place to stay when visiting Madison. We Thank You again for your recommendation and safe travels.
West Lafayette, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very nice hotel. Had gone here for a conference. Excellent hospitality and excellent room service. Good facilities, near downtown highly recommended for a stay! I truly enjoyed the experience offered at double tree. The shuttle service was also excellent. They are very prompt with all your needs.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank You for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison while traveling with us on business and for your fantastic review. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, including our complimentary shuttle and our ideal downtown location. Again, Thank You for your recommendation and we hope to see you again soon.
california
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I spent 3 nights here on the honors floor. My room was large, well furnished, and very clean. It is pretty much the standard Doubletreee presentation that you see everywhere. The staff were knowledgable and courteous, and directed me to a good jogging path on the lake. The price was less than $150 pre tax with free internet and bottled water. A minor cavil is that it was hard to adjust the thermostat to a comfortable temperature.

I would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
DoubleTreeMadisonGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank You for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Madison while traveling with us on business. We are certainly glad you enjoyed many aspects of our hotel. From our spacious guests rooms to our award-winning staff, we believe our property provides the best overall value for anyone looking to stay in the downtown area. Thank You again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!