“Sad but let the pictures tell the story”

Days Inn & Suites Madison
Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Hurley, Wisconsin
“Sad but let the pictures tell the story”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

First, I am a Senior Trip Adviser with literally several hundred published reviews. I have written 341 reviews, in 300 cities, in five countries, so I am not new to this. After a long day, I checked into this place and the front desk lady asked for my paperwork. I handed her the three papers that I printed of the Days Inn website where I had originally made my reservation. The papers indicated that I should have a room rate of $45 plus tax. She said she could not accept this and had to charge me $90. Of course, I asked her to reconsider but she would not.

That was all fine and I knew that I would get my discounted Wyndham/Days Inn rate but I was just irritated that after staying at dozens of Wyndham properties, no one had ever turned down the paperwork but I knew one phone call would make it right...

The next thing I did is went down to check into my $100 room. Yikes and gross. You will see the pictures below. It looks as though there were two double beds and someone took one out, put in a goofy looking chair and now are calling it a business suite. It is not!!! For the record, I am six foot three inches tall and the bed was only six feet. That was absolutely unacceptable.

It was then when I sat down and got on my phone to see where else I could stay. After looking for a while, I found that I would have to drive even more and all that I wanted to do is get to work on my lap top, so I stayed... I laid on the bed to collect my thoughts and this is when I started to realize how bad the room was that I was assigned. I am not going to go over every picture but you will see what I mean...

The question that I always ask myself when reading these review is, "Why didn't you just leave???". The lady at the front desk told me that if my reservation was correct, she would call me. I was hoping that she would have called but she never did.

I even asked the front desk girl to call the manager but she told me that "He was at home". I am sure what I am going to do next but I may file a complaint with Wyndham/Days Inn. I will make that determination when I am not so irritated by the way that I was treated... Be careful before you stay here...

Room Tip: One would certainly not want to ask for the business suite as I did. There is a small desk with one...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
DaysInnSuitesMadison, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Madison, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for your thoughtful review of our hotel, amenities, rooms, and staff. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness, the upgrades that we have made, and our excellent customer service. It is with sincere regret that you were inconvenienced during your stay.

In addition, we apologize for inconveniencing you by asking for your employee voucher at check in. However, we do follow Wyndham's policies and procedures for requiring the necessary paperwork to guarantee that an employee can receive their special rate, . Had we known that there was an issue with you getting the required forms, we would have assisted by allowing you to print them off at our business center, then faxing them out for you for the necessary signatures.

We also apologize that you were not comfortable in the one queen bed room that you reserved. Again, had our front desk staff known of the displeasure with your room, we would have been more than happy to upgrade you, FREE of charge, to our King suite where you would have been more comfortable.

It is our hope that you will give us another chance to make a better impression upon you and we look forward to your stay with us on your next trip to Madison.

Ramona Davis, Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)