“Stay elsewhere”
Review of Motel 6

Motel 6
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Madison
Motel 6
Ranked #61 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Madison, Wisconsin
“Stay elsewhere”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

1. The management is awful
2. They do not have weekly rates - manager told me they discontinued it because their clientele is so bad
3. The rooms smell moldy unless the air conditioning is cranked
4. I was told to park my car in front of my room window so I could keep an eye on it
5. My clothes were stolen from the dryer and when I informed the front desk attendent, she laughed. They offered no assistance. We filed a police report.

STAY somewhere else!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank daylilly537

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 December 2010

I hate this motel so much! It was the most discusting notel on Earth! We didn't plan to stay at a hotel but we got tired of driving and had no choice but to stop. The only hotel we found was a MOTEL. We've stayed at different motels and they were great. But this one was.. oh my gosh. I found three crawling bugs under the bed and in the bath tub I found several little ones. The drain was cloged and it nearly flooded the bathtub overnight while the water was slightly dripping. No coffee in the morning, not even inside the lobby. Oh I would pay $100 bucks just to get some in the room for cryin out loud! The mattresses were broken and loud and I did not get enough sleep for the ride to our REAL hotel. Worst time ever. I only stayed there for one night, but it was awful. No soap set in the bathtup so I had to walk all the way around the motel to get some at the lobby. The lady at the desk was rude and ignorant. All she wanted was for me to leave un-happy losing my money. I paid a lot for extras and didn't get what it was worth. The sink was dirty and filled with stains. I stayed in Georgia (don't remember when) and found ciggeret buds on the floor. DO NOT STAY AT MOTEL 6. Oh, and the pool was dirty and green. I don't expect anyone to go swimming. At the time, it was summer. It should've been clean.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank elizabethzwink
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 18 October 2010

What appeared to be smeared blood on the walls. Cigarette butts on the floor. Dead bug in the bed. Dead bugs all over the shower. No coffee in the room and no clock. The box springs and the mattresses weren't the same size so the mattress hung over the edge of the bed. If I haven't made it clear, this place was disgusting and way too expensive for what we got. AVOID.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank gobucks65
chicago
Reviewed 4 December 2009

I have to start with all of the complaints- what do you really expect for 39 bucks a night? The Hilton? There are plenty of top class places in Madison, the average is 140 a night- its as if you expect a Mercedes for the cost of a dirt bike, it aint happening kids. But i digress- the room was clean- yes it was worn and had been there, and it did not come with "the extras" one expects in a 4 star hotel- but this isn't a 4 star hotel folks. The room was fine, bed was comfortable, shower was hot and everything worked. I had complimentary soap, shampoo, towels, ice and cups. Standard fare for an average hotel/motel. My wake up call came on time- the place was very secure and not in a bad neighborhood- and as far as the 'transients', my guess is this hotel is where the city pays to put up the homeless-all cities do that, at least in this state. They may look a bit rough, but you would too if you had no home or job [and anyone can find themselves there by no fault of their own, remember that]. Overall- the place was fine, service was good and the only complaint I have is the people next door were LOUD-probably self satisfying yuppies who want something for nothing and feels the world owes them a favor. yup

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank calandra18
wisconsin
Reviewed 16 March 2009

Should I start with the body hair and cigarette holes in the sheets or the condom wrapper found in our room? This motel was FILTHY!! All 3 Rooms had not been cleaned, pool was not working, used toilet paper on floor of pool bathroom, used soap and garbage on floors of hallway, Transients checking in and out. The Website and photos are decieving!!!! The best comment came from the manager when she claimed not to be responsible for her employess doing their jobs!

We brought down our girls basketball team to watch State B.Ball- Needless to say Thank God The Super 8 had room and put us up in great rooms ( CLEAN!! ) at a very great price after we refused to stay in this dump!

The only redeeming feature is that we were refunded our money that evening!

• Stayed March 2009
2 Thank chaperone2
Saint Louis, MO
Reviewed 29 September 2008

The public areas and room were soiled and worn. The lock on the most convenient external door did not work. In the room, at least one electrical outlet did not work, the room smelled bad, and there was a lot of noise in the hall from a large family staying in one room. This room was far worse than average for Motel 6.

• Liked — Cheap
  • Disliked — Dirty
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank FrugalTraveler95
Utah
Reviewed 17 April 2008

The outside was in fair shape but the ppl standing around gave us the creeps. we thought well lets just try a night, No way we went into the room (non smoking) it smelled so bad and when you turned on the heat the smell knocked you off your feet. The beds are dipped in the middle no towels, soap etc. We hauled everything back to the car and informed the front desk we would be leaving. The nice part was they did refund our money. Never again will I attempt to go to Motel 6. We ended up at the BIG AMERICA HOTEL SANTA MARIA CA I believe it is a Best Western Hotel. WOW! what a clean nice hotel with breakfast yum! they have security that patrols the lot I will always use them when I am in town visiting family.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled with family