“Motel 6 Rockford IL”
Review of Motel 6

Motel 6
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Madison
Motel 6
Ranked #62 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We were going to Rockford for IKWF wrestling finals for my son. We wanted a cheap place to stay which we got. It was not very good though. The shower was slippery and my wife twisted her back. The towels kind of smelled. When I took a shower the day we checked out my towel had dark stains on it. The tv signal was so poor we could not watch it. The only good thing was it was cheap. If I had to do it again I would have spent the extra $50 to go somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank terrence l
There are newer reviews for Motel 6

Reviewed 4 September 2012

The mattress when 2 are trying to sleep in it you roll to the center as it is so old & worn. When entering the room there is this awful smell,never could figure out what it was! The shower is old & there is no water pressure! So don't think about using the sink or shower! They give you 15 minutes to view the room & decide whether you want to stay, that should have said run...but we just arrived at 1 am & did not want to hassle finding another at that time.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Ok so we needed a clean place to stay and cheap because we were only driving half way to where we were going to stay in the mountains and then the rest of the way the next day. So I found Motel 6 online and booked us a room It was the cheapest place I could find and though it had few perks I figured as long as it was clean I was ok with it. We were also traveling with a dog and we had to have a pet friendly place to stay. So When we called they told us they took pets no problem and there was no pet fee. When we got there we were told only little dogs under twenty pounds. Ok so I had a problem with this because our dog is large and they should have told me this when I called to make the reservations. So I guess since who ever I talked to over the phone did not tell me this she told me that it was ok as long as I kept the dog in the room and did not play with him outside it was fine. Over all it was ok nothing to brag about. It had clean sheets and that is all you can expect for the price. But I would say it was not a roach hotel by no means.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Angela P
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We had 3 rooms for our extended family and it was overall a terrible experience. First the front desk person was incompetent and it took 30 minutes just to get checked in. The hallways smelled terribly only beaten for smelliness by the room. The room had dirty carpet disgusting carpet. There was no clock, no shampoo, one light didn't work. In the middle of the night my brother suffered an asthma attack from something in the room and he spent the rest of the night driving around. People using the pool were swimming in their underwear. Very scary place.

• Stayed: November 2011
8  Thank Snowgirl1991
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Before I list the bad, here is the good. The Motel in Utica,New York has a nice set of staff. That is all the nice I can say. Everything else was horrible. The rooms were shameful to look at though the sheets smell cleaned it had stains along with the pillowcases. The Walls and doors had been peeled of their paint. My mother found a used condom by the night stand. That should tell you how thorough the cleaning crew is.The room was despicable. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. Not even a Homeless person deserves that kind of disservice. Motel 6 you will never get my service again.

Room Tip: When looking for a nice hotel choose elsewhere. Motel 6 on Utica is no destination for tourist or ne...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Laureen J
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Had to stay here because we arrived late and had no choice. Should have slept in the car! The room was disgusting! The floor had unidentifiable stains on it, the bedding had cigarette holes everywhere. It was dirty and smelly! Avoid it like the plague!!!!

Room Tip: stay anywhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Sarshy
Reviewed 23 August 2011

1. The management is awful
2. They do not have weekly rates - manager told me they discontinued it because their clientele is so bad
3. The rooms smell moldy unless the air conditioning is cranked
4. I was told to park my car in front of my room window so I could keep an eye on it
5. My clothes were stolen from the dryer and when I informed the front desk attendent, she laughed. They offered no assistance. We filed a police report.

STAY somewhere else!