“Hotel Hell”

Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Madison
West Allis, Wisconsin, United States
“Hotel Hell”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Lets start with the good...
Clean room .
Nice Philips TV.
Fridge in room.
Decent continental type breakfast.
That's it. That's all the good I got.
Ok the bad..
Sleep number beds suck. Do not buy one. No matter what setting they are , it feels like I am sleeping on a hide-a-bed.
Hard, uncomfortable pillows. A rock boulder would be softer.
No microwave in room ?! Say what ?!
Huge framed picture of giant red apples next to my bed. Seriously .Apples. Am I sleeping in a kitchen ?
Ugly brown , wood motif that screams 60s / 70s wanna be "mod." Everything old is NOT new again. Hence, The Overlook Hotel from the Shining called, they want their look back.
Loud, loud loud hotel. Did I say loud? You hear everything in the hall and neighbors rooms. Room shakes every time someone closes their door. I even can loudly hear someone in the next room crinkling paper. Seriously. Paper. Even If our son wasn't rooming with us, I still would be afraid to "get some" without the entire hotel knowing about it.
Hot tub was down the entire time we were here. I've read a lot of reviews on here, and it looks like its always down . Seriously, just get rid of it, you obviously can't handle it.
Lamps in room are annoyingly blinding bright. You can't even use them. But over the vanity , where you would want light to do make-up and hair, THAT's where they have the dim, filtered , mood lighting. Yup, makes sense .
Water pressure in shower is like taking a shower from a firetruck hose.. Good thing I'm built like a brick house. I bet it has knocked over a bunch of old people and small children . Seriously, it actually hurts when it hits you and I got a headache after I washed my hair. Where is all this force coming from and why is it so angry?
There is more, but carpal tunnel is setting in.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Jason S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Madison, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Jennifer, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I am sorry to learn noise was an issue while you stayed with us during the wrestling tournament, we blocked your team together in the hopes of preventing just that situation. Thanks to your feedback, we will increase the number of our hall monitors during future tournaments.
It is unfortunate to hear our renovated design is not to your liking, but glad to hear you like the additions of refrigerators and HDTV. If we have the opportunity to host you as our guest in the future, please know that only half our rooms have Sleep number beds, and if you prefer a traditional mattress we would be delighted to accommodate.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 February 2014

For a business traveler to the area, this hotel checks all the boxes. It isn't one of those "luxurious" vacation destinations although it would suit me just fine for that as well. Nicely decorated with friendly, helpful staff. A good value with an agreeable selection for breakfast. Again, with everything it has going for it, I always think the staff makes the place and this place wins lots of points from that perspective. Yes, I'll stay there when in Madison again.

Room Tip: Only two floors. I was on the first floor. It was a little noisy the first night but fine after that...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jason S, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Madison, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am always glad to see a 5-star service score! We certainly appreciate your business.
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I had a meeting in Madison last Thursday and my wife accompanied. We stayed at the Radisson Hotel Madison at 517 Grand Canyon Drive. It was fabulous. The facility was very nicely decorated and the staff was extraordinarily friendly and helpful. The room was nicely decorated. We had pleasant space for a quick business meeting by the fireplace. General Manager Jason Salus was very helpful in getting a file of mine printed for my meeting. Brought my wife and I a bottle of water while we were waiting in the lobby. The attached restaurant was wonderful for breakfast. And all at a price point of $89. I travel all over the country and don't find places as well decorated, and have the friendly and supportive staff at twice the price. I love it and will stay here again. There are great restaurants outside the hotel very close - fabulous. Oh yes, and if that wasn't good enough - a sleep number bed just like at home! I don't know that I have ever met such friendly, caring and helpful staff - I was a real pleasure. The Hotel and Jason were great.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jason S, Manager at Radisson Hotel Madison, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for the kind words. It was a delight to have you as our guest.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My experience here was awesome!!! All of the staff, from check-in, food service, room service, and check-out were the best! Everyone was so willing and eager to help out and EVERYONE had a smile! The sleep number beds were great and so unexpected.. ahhhhh... makes me wanna get one for my own home. I ordered room service and to my delight, the food was warm and tasty! Good foor for a great price. The hot tub and pool area were immacculate! I have never seen such a clean area around the pool before. Last but not least... the rooms were clean and the coffee was excellent (as most frequent travelers know, hotel coffee is usually gross) but this coffee was great and the single brewer was easy to use. The continental breakfast was one of the best I've seen as well as they had lots of food options and the area was large so you could move around and get your food and the area was clean!!! There is no where else to stay in Madison that is affordable, clean, and such great service. I will be back!

Room Tip: I had a corner suite and it was beautiful! The king size bed had lots of space and there is an extra...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for the 5-star review, I am glad to hear you had a good time at our hotel, and I certainly hope to have you as our guest again.
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Madison for two nights in February. The room was nice and very clean. My only complaint was the tiny bathroom. The staff was fantastic! The manager introduced himself to each guest at the beer/wine/food reception. Each staff member from front desk to housekeeping was helpful and friendly. The restaurant had great food. The bartender was so nice and made each guest feel welcome.

I've stayed at other Radissons, but this one was the best from the excellent service to the food. A good value.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the manager reception. Your business is very much appreciated!
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Spent one night here on a business trip. Good for an overnight stay. Complimentary breakfast was very good. Slept well. Had a little fridge in the room. No hairdryer, so bring your own. Had shampoo, conditioner etc. Forgot my toothbrush and toothpaste and they provided it for me. I had a little difficulty using the remote control, but managed to get it working. Room was nice and warm on a cold and snowy night.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
I am so sorry to hear you were unable to use the hair dryer in your guestroom. Until you posted here about your experience, we used to hang the hair dryers in little bags in the closet to save vanity space, but thanks to your feedback, we are re-locating them to be more visible by the guestroom shower.
Your business and your comments are greatly appreciated,
Warm regards!
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a Saturday night. The rooms are very nice. We really enjoyed the sleep number bed! However, housekeeping woke us up even though we had called for a late check out. In addition, you could hear them cleaning all around where our room was located. Unfortunately, we also heard every door slam shut in the vicinity. Sleep after 8am was almost impossible.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for posting about your experience. The housekeepers do a great job in the rooms, but it sounds like we start too early on Sunday mornings. Your comments will help us improve our operation, they will be discussed among our staff in the hopes that we can provide a 5-star experience for you on your next visit.