“Convinent Location”

Radisson Hotel Madison
Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed here for 2 weeks while i was in Madison for work. The hotel was very close to work so that was nice, but it could use a little bit of upgrading inside and out. The hotel staff was beyond amazing and very accommodating, always friendly! The breakfast was NOT very easy to find and ends at 9 am which was kind of early compared to other hotels I have stayed at.

The room service was great except for the couple mornings when I had forgot to put my do not disturb sign on the door and they came knocking at 6:45 am. I think this just depended on the person who was servicing your room because on some days they wouldn't come until around 10 or 11 which was much more reasonable.

I think that that the rooms need a little upgrading as far as the ceiling and walls maybe repainted or redone and the carpeting could use an upgrade. The beds were decent for me they were the sleep number beds but I didn't even change the settings, I just left it how it was when I arrived.

Overall the hotel was nice and everyone seemed very sweet. I would probably try somewhere else when I come to Madison next time seeing as there are MANY options in the area but it was in a great location very close to everything.

Room Tip: stay on the second floor because on the first floor I could hear every step of the people staying ab...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I'll be honest, we stayed here because all the hotels downtown were full, but it turned out to be a nice experience. Big room with a sleep number bed, nice ammenities, an indoor pool, an arcade which this 80's child immediately headed to to play vintage video games. It had a computer for printing boarding passes and a free continental and free parking.

Also, a couple of months earlier I had made a reservation there through Expedia that I had to change because of a death in the family. Even though the reservation was non-refundable, the nice people at Radisson got on the phone w/ Expedia and approved my refund. Very nice midwestern hospitality, thanks!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful and breakfast was fine. The hotel was full for the Worlds Archery Competition and some of the kids were unruly in the halls, running and screaming at 11pm. But the staff dealt with it, which was appreciated.

The sleep number beds aren't great. I was either sleeping on concrete or with no support at all. The air conditioner, although I turned the air down, turned itself back up in the middle of the night so we were all freezing.

The hotel is very long with only 1 elevator. This would have been ok if I hadn't had my elderly parents with me who had to walk a really long way to get from the elevator to their room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary C
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I thought this was actually a pretty nice Radisson. The room was in a really good share and was comfortable. I spent about a week here and have no complaints about the hotel itself. The location is not ideal for downtown Madison, but it's good that the highway is close.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Myself and my two children had the pleasure of staying in this hotel two weeks ago. We were all very satisfied by the level of cleanliness, staff was all very pleasant and overall an exceptional hotel. In particular the gentlemen working in the restaurant (I forget his name) was very professional. Hotel Management was superior to any recent stays at competing hotels. Thank you very much for your hospitality. Special kudos out to Jason, the manager of this site!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I chose the Radisson in Madison for our wedding reception. Sandy, the Catering Director, was absolutely amazing. She was extremely easy to work with and very accommodating to our needs. Our plated dinner was served very promptly and professionally by the awesome catering staff. Everybody loved the food and kept telling us how great everything was. They recently remodeled the hotel and the ballroom was set up perfectly! To top it all off, the suite they gave my wife and I was gorgeous and even had our own private Jacuzzi! The rooms have Sleep Number beds, but you can request a room without one.

If you are looking for a stress-free reception hall, or just a great place to stay the night or weekend, this is the place.

Room Tip: Sleep Number beds can be tricky to use. If you don't think you will like sleeping on one, and pr...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Our room was nice, clean, decor was attractive. The cleaning - maid service was exceptional. We didn't like the sleep number bed and I couldn't believe there wasn't a hair dryer provided in the room. The hotel was very attractive inside and out. Staff were very courteous and welcoming. The continental breakfast had a nice variety of choices. We have been here before and will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family