“Nice updates but could use a few more”

Radisson Hotel Madison
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Have been at this hotel in the past, but liked the remodel of the rooms! Colors and accents are more trendy - Sleep # beds are a plus too! The only downside with the room was it was dark. Even with all the lights on in the room there were areas of the room that were dark and shadowed. Plenty of outlets - which is a seemingly a problem most hotels I stay in. Complimentary breakfast was good, but predictable - not much change from one day to the next. Staff were okay - no one jumped out at me as being enthusiastic about their job - seemed to just be there because they had to be. I stayed here for three weeks on business and this hotel does the job just fine. It wasn't necessarily one of those places that I must stay at if I return and would probably shop around to see if there are others in the area that might be a tad nicer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We recently held our 50th Class reunion at the Radisson and it was amazing! The venue was perfect and the staff, especially Sandy Farmer, were outstanding. They couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. We had 95 attendees and not one person complained about the food. The steaks were large and tender and the chicken parmesan had a wonderful flavor. The Manager, Mr. Salas was also very accommodating and did everything possible to ensure we had a perfect event.
My husband and I also stayed at the hotel for the night. The room was comfortable, although we couldn't get the sleep number mattress to work, so the bed was firmer than we preferred.
I'd highly recommend this hotel for parties and events; and request Sandy Farmer as your coordinator!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed on a business trip. The hotel was ok, but not great. Overall, the place served its purpose but the little details need attention. The room was nicely appointed and I was excited to try the sleep number bed. However the bed did not function. One side would not hold air and was too soft. The other side would not release air and was hard as a rock. On a positive note the towels were thick and absorbent, the room was clean, the shower was hot and had plenty of pressure. You could hear the person above walking around, but they were mercifully quiet. Breakfast was acceptable, but the hot selections were only eggs and meet. They also only offered yogurt with artificial sweetener and few cereal choices.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at Raddison in Madison with my girls for a shopping girls wknd. Awesome stay. Clean and updated property. Breakfast was good. Front desk was friendly. Love how close it was to the mall. Mr. Salus should be proud of his staff. He was also quite funny....must have been a comedienne in his other life!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stayed here for 2 weeks while i was in Madison for work. The hotel was very close to work so that was nice, but it could use a little bit of upgrading inside and out. The hotel staff was beyond amazing and very accommodating, always friendly! The breakfast was NOT very easy to find and ends at 9 am which was kind of early compared to other hotels I have stayed at.

The room service was great except for the couple mornings when I had forgot to put my do not disturb sign on the door and they came knocking at 6:45 am. I think this just depended on the person who was servicing your room because on some days they wouldn't come until around 10 or 11 which was much more reasonable.

I think that that the rooms need a little upgrading as far as the ceiling and walls maybe repainted or redone and the carpeting could use an upgrade. The beds were decent for me they were the sleep number beds but I didn't even change the settings, I just left it how it was when I arrived.

Overall the hotel was nice and everyone seemed very sweet. I would probably try somewhere else when I come to Madison next time seeing as there are MANY options in the area but it was in a great location very close to everything.

Room Tip: stay on the second floor because on the first floor I could hear every step of the people staying ab...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I'll be honest, we stayed here because all the hotels downtown were full, but it turned out to be a nice experience. Big room with a sleep number bed, nice ammenities, an indoor pool, an arcade which this 80's child immediately headed to to play vintage video games. It had a computer for printing boarding passes and a free continental and free parking.

Also, a couple of months earlier I had made a reservation there through Expedia that I had to change because of a death in the family. Even though the reservation was non-refundable, the nice people at Radisson got on the phone w/ Expedia and approved my refund. Very nice midwestern hospitality, thanks!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful and breakfast was fine. The hotel was full for the Worlds Archery Competition and some of the kids were unruly in the halls, running and screaming at 11pm. But the staff dealt with it, which was appreciated.

The sleep number beds aren't great. I was either sleeping on concrete or with no support at all. The air conditioner, although I turned the air down, turned itself back up in the middle of the night so we were all freezing.

The hotel is very long with only 1 elevator. This would have been ok if I hadn't had my elderly parents with me who had to walk a really long way to get from the elevator to their room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family