“If you're looking for City Centre access don't come here!”

Radisson Hotel Madison
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 16 September 2010

When I booked for the Radisson in Madison I was under the mistaken impression - completely my fault for not consulting a map - that it would be city centre located - WRONG! We spent ages driving around the Capitol trying to locate it only to find it was off the freeway about 10 miles away. Not a bad hotel and fortunately there were a few decent restaurants - Longhorn Steakhouse and Jim Delaney's - in spitting distance fortunate as the one in the Rad was a bit lacking in atmosphere. Best thing about the hotel was the bed which you can now adjust to your sleep position and which had loads of fluffy pillows. No view, of course...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
RadManager, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are proud to be located in the "heart of the Madison West Shopping District!" We do offer complimentary shuttle service to/from downtown Madison because it's within a 5 mile radius, and encourage you to request this service the next time you visit Wisconsin's Capital City!

Reviewed 12 September 2010

We had a nice 3 night stay at the Radisson Hotel Madison. After running intoa booking snafu with Priceline, Shannon jumped into action to make sure we had a room despite the fact that the hotel was pretty much booked up. Somehow I planned our trip the weekend of the Ironman Competition and a Badgers Game. Our reservation was made for one night instead of 3. I went on line and couldn't find a room anywhere in Madison and went back to Shannon. Somehow she found us a room at the Radisson and continued to be super helpful throughout our stay. Kudos also to Megan and the hospitable bartender Paul at Basie's. Thanks for the great customer service! I also liked the very comfortable beds with all white linens and lots of soft pillows.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2010

The Radisson Hotel offered my family and I a very plesant stay. The comfort of the sleep number bed, the quiet atmosphere and the location of the property made this experience with Radisson worth the time. I would definitely return to this hotel for future lodging needs. Thank You.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2010

We found the Hotel to be clean with easy access to downtown Madison. By far the biggest selling point for a return visit was the outstanding and friendly nature of the staff. They all seemed very concerned about making our stay comfortable and did that with a caring and pleasant attitude. We will definately stay there on all our return visits to Madison. A special thanks to Joe and Angela at the front desk, they were both wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
RadManager, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2010

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on TripAdvisor! I value your business and comments! I appreciate your feedback about our service and staff, which I will share with our employees. Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you in the future!
Regards,
Brendan Eichsteadt

Reviewed 13 August 2010

I have got to know quite a few hotels in the Madison area and this one is not that great. For a 3 star hotel, I have some serious reservations compared to other area hotel options. Overall, if you want a 3 star hotel, there are much better options in the Madison area.

First, let's start with some positives. I thought the staff were very pleasant and I even got to meet the manager upon checkin. He seemed nice and I am sure will respond appropriately given the fact that he regularly comments on user reviers. The bed is the kind where you can adjust the comfort level which is very nice. Also, the bedding was very nice and comfortable. Plus, they offer a free continental breakfast with basic options and also have free wireless internet access.

Now for the bad. The place is seriously rundown. When you first arrive, you will be shocked that this is even a 3 star in the first place. The parking lot is old and cracked. The building looks like it has never been updated. The landscaping is full of weeds and not kept up. Inside, the hallways have carpet that has bumps in it and could cause a tripping hazard. The rooms are need updating. The air conditioner is something one would expect in a Motel 6. Manual controls and placed directly next to the desk. Thus, if you are working at the desk, the air will blow directly on you. The couch looks like something my grandmother purchased in the '70s. The bathroom is significantly small and the exhaust vent made more noise than a semi truck. Worse, the fire door between the adjoining rooms provided a nice way to hear just about everything that happens in the room next door. So, if you like hearing your neighbors, this is the place to be.

Bottomline - this is an old hotel that needs a serious update to be considered in the same class as a Courtyard or Garden Inn. The fact that is considered a 3 star is quite alarming. I would say this hotel is a 2 maybe 2.5, but not in the same category as a other 3 star hotels.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
RadManager, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2010

Thank you for the great comments regarding our staff, and the comfort of the bed! Because of reviews from our guests, we now offer a complimentary hot breakfast for all our guests, and I am pleased that you had the opportunity to try it! We are proud to offer many competitive amenities to our business and leisure guests!

I take your remarks seriously, as we continue our efforts to improve the quality of our service and amenities. I must compliment your timing, as we are currently undertaking a few remodeling projects over the next several months, which will remedy most of the concerns you mentioned. It is obvious that you have put a lot of time and thought into what you wrote, and I am grateful for your comments. I hope you will stay with us again, as we will use your feedback to make your next visit more memorable!

Best Regards, Brendan Eichsteadt

Reviewed 12 July 2010

Picked this hotel solely on location due to a trip with very tight time restraints. Had this been a longer term stay, there were a few highly rated hotels and B&B's that would have been in play.

I had read the reviews both pro and con but I felt it was a decent place to stay overnight and I was certainly not disappointed. The staff were all very nice and the room left no room for any complaint. Walking around, there were a few places where the carpet was wrinkled or some scuff marks from luggage, etc. But this would be expected since after all, they let people stay there.

The room included a Continental Breakfast buffet, which by definition is sweet rolls, juice, coffee, etc. However in addition, scrambled eggs, hash browns and sausage were provided. I used the exercise room and the computer room, which were both adequate.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
RadManager, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Madison, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2010

It was our pleasure to accommodate you during your visit to Madison, Wisconsin! Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,
Brendan Eichsteadt

Reviewed 27 June 2010

Good location- across from mall and restaurants. Near highway. Room immaculate

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple