“Clean-n-Cheap :)”

Ranked #57 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Green Bay, Wi
“Clean-n-Cheap :)”
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I'll admit the lighting above the bed was a little dated & I had to bring my own hair dryer. Beforehand, I read only 1 bad review out of 20+, and I also had asked a friend that has stayed here once before (she recommended it)....after that, I felt comfortable & reserved my room. I was not disappointed & if in the area again, I would definitely stay here if I were on a budget.

I was just looking for a clean place to sleep-no frills needed. For about $50, I got a nice, clean room with cable, WI FI, micro & refrig. The staff were all very friendly (from the front desk to housekeeping). The check in/out times were nice (2pm/noon) They are pet friendly - I was a bit concerned about that as I have allergies; but I didn't smell a thing & had no problems. I would never had known they allowed pets if I didn't read it about it online.

When I did the survey (sent via email a few days after stay), it mentioned something about 'room delivery service'...that would have been helpful to have known about ahead of time-I could have used that the night I stayed; but didn't know about it & went hunting for a meal on my own.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank AMBROK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 December 2010

My wife and I visited our daughter and fiance over Christmas. Their apartment is small so we chose to stay in a hotel for the 6 nights we were in town. The Red Roof (eastside) was well-located and the room rate was very reasonable. We had a very good experience at this Red Roof. The room was large enough and was always kept well by the housekeeping staff. The location is near the interstate but very quiet. The room is clean and the bed is comfortable. When we had a problem with ice right outside our door, I reported it to the main desk and they took care of the problem quickly. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We will likely stay here again if we need a hotel in Madison.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 December 2010

Great hotel amazing afordable. PERFECT for an inn. Come here it was amazing everyone. I enjoyed and loved. That was all to say.

• Stayed November 2010
Baltimore
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Nicely appointed room (microwave and fridge,) good bed, clean accommodations. We enjoyed the free wifi. Service was friendly and efficient. Plenty of places to eat nearby, we ended up going to a grocery store that was open 24 hours just down the road. We'd stay again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Debbie (at the front desk)is always very personable as well as Steve(the manager). I have met Noah and Luis on the weekend also and they are both good to work with.

Even when the coffee machine breakdown, they all try to accomodate and do as much as they can to make comfortable.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Colden, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2010

after checking in around 10pm, I went back to the car with my daughter to get snacks. We were approached from behind by a woman wearing pajamas, asking where the front desk was. She preceded to tell us that she just witnessed a "carjacking" in the back parking lot. She seemed odd but it was unsettling. At the same time, another woman was around the first & second floors clearly dressed "for business". I went to the front desk with my husband & if they knew what was going on. They said they did & were not doing anything about it. We felt unsafe & decided to leave. When I asked for a refund, I was told no, since it was prepaid through hotels.com. I went back a second time to turn in the key & asked for something to prove we were not staying the nite. The clerk was extrememly rude & complete refused, telling us to "just go" & very sarcastically added "have a nice nite". I have been trying to get a refund since. Hotels.com cannot refund until speaking with the manager, who mysteriously, is never available. I was also told that the documented version by the hotel is different than what happened.
The headache is not worth the $70 for this place. They will need it for the inevitable lawsuit.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank cajankowski
Clayton, Georgia
Reviewed 11 May 2010

Came in late after midnight clerk I think Noah was very helpful and friendly very nice surprise that late. room fresh & clean

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo