“Great for business!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Noblesville, Indiana, United States
“Great for business!”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

This is were I stay on business in Madison. Central location and service and staff to meet all of my needs. The Club Lounge is one of the best for size and offerings. The over size desk in the rooms is a plus. Workout room is a little cramped but has all the equipment in good condition.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Katie J, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
I am so happy to hear that you enjoy your stays with us. I truly appreciate your loyalty to the Sheraton when you are in town for Business. It is great that you are able to take advantage of the Club Lounge and the other amenities we have to offer like our workout room. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next arrival.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I had a short business trip and this hotel was perfect for my needs. I had access to the Club Lounge and appreciated that it was available all day. I had to conduct an interview and and it was the perfect place- privacy and space to spread papers out on the table. The lobby was nice and would also have worked though with less privacy.
I don't always like to complain about structural things that a hotel can't easily change but have decided hotels need to know for future planning and other travelers may need to know. So my major complaint about this and many other Sheratons is the small and "short" bathroom. As others said the showerhead is very short but I was also bothered by the very low sink. At just under 5'10" I had to bend over quite a bit to use it. The good news was the shower was strong and hot and helped ease the backache from bending at the sink!
I had a nice view from the front of the hotel on the 8th floor looking over the lake and the stadium. There was a bike path right in front of the hotel. It was a short easy drive to Monona Terrace and downtown Madison.
One little design feature I liked was the big shelf with light, mirror and outlet just outside the bathroom. I could put my suitcase on it, charge everything there and not risk leaving anything in the room when I left because everything was right there and I could keep the rest of the room neat.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Katie J, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and found your room and the club lounge to fit your needs perfectly. I appreciate your feedback regarding the height of the sink and shower head. We have addressed these issues and are looking at some alternative options to better satisfy our guests. It is great that you were able to experience the Sheraton as well as the wonderful city of Madison. I hope to see you again soon!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

Checked in by Fernando. What a nice and unexpected pleasant experience. He upgraded to club level. I stay in hotels all the time for business and pleasure and very seldom am I upgraded. I will be back here approx. 12 times over the next year and you have made me feel so comfortable that being away from home I feel safe and will sleep sound knowing that you cared enough to place me in the safest place in the hotel.
Two things I would like to see in this hotel are different closet doors... I run into them, taller shower head. Usually I would say a refrigerator but being on the club level I was able to run and get a cold water or pop if I needed one. Thanks for making this home away from home. Love the feeling of safe parking also! I am hoping that the next time I stay I receive a view of the lake instead of the front.......

Stayed April 2012
I am happy to hear that Fernando took such great care of you while you were staying with us, I will be sure to pass on your kind words! We love to hear that this is a perfect home away from home for our business travelers! I look forward to exceeding your expectations once again on your next visit!

Hudson WI
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This is my second stay at the hotel in the past three years. It has been well maintained and is being updated as needed. Check in was smooth. The beds, pillows, and bathrooms were all well appointed and in like-new condition. At check in make sure you ask for a room on the club level. This gets you into the club area with free drinks and food. I would also recommend signing up for their Starwood membership before arriving. It is free and they have an entire level, (# 6) for people who are members. You would rather be on the club level but the Starwood Priority level looks recently updated and was very nice.

The hotel is a couple miles from the downtown area but they do offer a free shuttle that was running until 10:30PM. No free breakfest at the hotel, (unless you are on the club level). Parking was free. On a side note, try an old fashion burger w/cheese curds at the "Old Fashion" across from the capital, a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
It seems like you really had a good experience in Madison and at the Sheraton. I am happy that you were able to take advantage of the many amenities we offer at the Sheraton like our Complimentary shuttle. The Club Lounge is a great treat for our SPG guests, I am happy you enjoyed it! Thanks for leaving the great tip for future travelers as well, we love to recommend the Old Fashioned, they have a great local feeling for visitors wanting to get the most of Madison. Hope to see you again soon!

Somerset
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We stayed here on our way home from a Florida vacation, and found I did not have to go to Florida to be relaxed and treated very well. Room was very clean and comfotable, staff was friendly and fast at the desk and in the lobby. food was great, location was easy to find. I received very personal attention. I came back home and recommended to my company that business trips to Madison should be booked here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Thanks for such a great review. I am so happy to hear that we truly exceeded your expectations and to feel just as relaxed here as you did in Florida is a great compliment. I appreciate you recommending our hotel to your company for future business trips and hope to see you again in the future.

Longview, Texas
Reviewed 24 April 2012

So foar I have stayed two different weeks at the Madison Sheraton. The front desk staff is always smiling and helpful. My rooms have been fantastic, clean, and very comfortablee. The restaurant is awesome and the staff there were fantastic. This past stay we had a waitress for our dinner on two nights and she was awesome. There is lady in the morning who took my order for breakfast on one morning, so friendly and she remembered me the whole week and even when I came back two weeks later.

And what can I say about Katie Johnson. She is phenomoniminal. It was a great stay,
Jamie

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Katie J, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
It is great to receive such positive feedback from our guests. I am so happy that you have enjoyed your past stays and really found our staff to be welcoming and helpful. I look forward to exceeding your expectations again on your next visit.

Minneapolis
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here for one night during a business trip. While I think this hotel COULD be excellent, it falls short in a few areas that made it rather average for me. On the plus side...it was pretty easy to find, there was a ton of parking available, very nice lobby, the room is nice sized, looks clean, and they do offer room service. On the downside...my room smelled of dog urine, though they do not allow dogs. I suspect someone snuck a little Fido in though, and that is how it happened. The bed I did not find all that comfortable, though if you like a thick firm matteress, this might not be an issue for you. They also have screens so you can assumingly open the windows, which is great considering I was on the 5th floor and the room kinda smelled...however, there is a sign on the window that asks you not to use this feature as bugs from the lake still get through the screens. For the record, considering the smell, I still opened them. It was very windy the day I was there so I assume the bugs would not be a problem. Also...the shower head is REALLY short. I am 5'10", and had to crouch down to get the shampoo out of my hair. Literally, it came up to about my chin. I can't imagine how difficult this would be for anyone over 6 feet tall. while overall, I would likely not return unless I found out they addressed these issues... I do want to leave this review on a positive note. I would highly recommend ordering the burger from their room service menu. Not sure what the name of the on-site restaurant is, but it was one of the best burgers I have ever eaten. On top of that, the room service staff was very nice. They substituted a baked potato and sour cream for me instead of fries at no extra cost...and they were super friendly and helpful both on the phone and in person.

2 Thank elle55407
Thank you for the very detailed review of our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I want to apologize that we fell short of your expectations but am happy that you did enjoy your stay with us. We are a pet friendly hotel but do have a pet fee to be sure we are keeping all of our rooms fresh and clean after our four legged friends have visited. I am truly sorry for the smell in your room and will be sure to address this with our Housekeeping Manager. Your comments have lead to a great discussion with our GM regarding the height of the shower heads and we will be exploring alternative options to improve this for our guests. I hope the next time you are in Madison you consider staying with us again, we would love to have you back and we do make the best and only Big Boy burgers in town!