“GREAT LOCATION”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Joshua Tree, California
“GREAT LOCATION”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Stayed here for convention across the street at Alliant Energy Center- The front desk staff needs some education on presentation and manners, the back office manger was grt. the fitness room was very small,so get in there before 6pm. Room windows open, but be aware of bugs flying in, so use the screens. when I went to check out,asked for a bellman the hotel operator did not know what I was talking about. the housekeepers were not that good for the rooms. so make sure u look them over and make adjustments. seems the housekeeping in the midwest at various hotels just do not have the concepts or the training. this hotel close to lake and excellent walking and biking path right outside. transport to the airport is good.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you for your detailed review. I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience at our hotel but do want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. I will be sure to address your comments with our Director of Operations to ensure better customer service and cleaning for all future guests. Overall I am glad that your stay was a positive one and it’s great that you were able to take advantage of the many amenities we have to offer and the bike path right outside our hotel. I hope to see you the next time you are in Madison.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Korean first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Our stay at the Sheraton Madison Hotel was fantastic. We stayed two nights over a weekend and enjoyed the property very much. We secured the room through Priceline at less than $50 per night. At check-in, we showed our Foursquare check-in and received access to the Club level lounge which got us two complementary breakfasts and a makeshift dinner one night. Parking is free and the Sheraton has an area where travelers can check their Email, print a boarding pass, etc. Great property priced perfectly on Priceline.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
What a wonderful experience you had with us. I appreciate you taking the time to share your great review. Thanks for connecting with us on Foursquare and our social networks I’m happy that you were able to get a complimentary upgrade and enjoy the club lounge. I look forward to your next visit with us!

Best Wishes,

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The lobby is very nice--modern decor, plenty of seating, a computer area for those in need. I didn't use the pool, but the exercise room was okay, though small and with minimal equipment. I had a room with a kind bed, which was clean, spacious, and noise wasn't an issue.
My only real complaint is the location. While it has very easy access to and from the beltline, there isn't a whole lot in that area other than the Alliant Center. It is close to the lake and a park, but there didn't seem to be any restaurants/nightlife within a reasonable walking distance. I wish it were a little closer to downtown.
Still, my stay here was comfortable and problem-free.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with us and that you were able to take advantage of the many amenities we have to offer. For future visits we do offer a complimentary shuttle that can take you right into downtown Madison located 1.5 miles from our hotel. There are many options for local restaurants, shopping and entertainment, you will have to take advantage of this next time and experience all that Madison has to offer!

Northern Virginia
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We found the rooms were very nice, and the free internet service in the lobby (with free printing capacity means you can print boarding passes in advance) was helpful. We left too early each day to take advantage of the lobby breakfast. If you are a preferred customer (Starwood Preferred Guest) the seventh floor SPG room is well stocked with drinks.
But the greatest trait of this hotel was the staff. Each of them bent over backwards to take care of their guests. There's a Starbucks in the lobby, but it opens later than most people need their coffee (poor decision). We came down to pour some half-and-half in our coffees; instead of shrugging us off, the front desk staff found the key to the Starbucks, pulled a fresh carton out of the Starbucks fridge, and gave it to us to use. Why? Because they value their customers. One small example of how good this hotel is because of its people. I hope they don't change managers anytime soon!

Room Tip: Every time I've stayed here this hotel has been crowded with people attending some sort of event...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and our staff we have here. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be so friendly and helpful. I will be sure to pass on your great comments to the appropriate department managers to ensure our staff is getting your great recognition. It is great that you were able to take advantage of the club lounge as well! I look forward to your next visit and continuing to exceed your expectations.

Nor'easter
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My husband and I stay at this hotel whenever we visit our daughter in Madison. It's always comfortable, pleasant, convenient, reasonable in price, and it's within walking distance of lovely Olin Park. We recently arranged a reservation block for Memorial Day weekend, when our daughter was getting married in Olbrich Gardens. The hotel, like every hotel in Madison, was swamped that weekend. But the staff was incredibly helpful, distributing welcome bags, organizing shuttle transportation to different events, figuring out a special route that would bypass the Madison marathon, extending a special hand to elderly members of our party -- and generally helping the mother of the bride keep her cool. We're very grateful.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Katie J, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
I truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel while you are in Madison visiting your daughter. It’s great that you recommended it to all of your guests in town for your daughter’s wedding. I am happy to hear that everything went very smooth and congratulations! I look forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 14 June 2012

When I arrived at the Sheraton, I was greeted by two young men that were happy to help me. I was exhausted and because of my medical condition I could not drive home that evening. When I went to look for my credit card it was gone, as was my driver's license. The Manager asked me where I had last used my credit card and assured me he would call and see if it was there. Then he accepted my personal check for the evening's lodging. Both young men could see that I was distraught and needed a night's sleep. I was lucky to find my credit card in another bag, and the staff were extremely happy to point out where to dine.

I will definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Katie J, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
I am so happy that our staff took such great care of you and made you feel so welcome upon your arrival. We take great pride in the hospitable staff we have working here and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass on your kid words to our Front Office Manager. Thank you again for your great feedback. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Wishes,

Cecil, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Attended family wedding over the weekend. Family members had 5 rooms booked. Picked this hotel because wedding/reception was 3 miles away at 4pm and their website stated the following:
" complimentary hotel shuttle from 7am to 11pm to five mile radius". Well, when we got there the shuttle had been "reserved" and unavailable until after 5:30pm. Each taxi ride for us was $9.80 plus tip for each family. The front desk was aware; we had them arrange cab after finding out we couldn't use shuttle to get there. We were able to use for ride back to hotel.

On Sunday morning two of our families; 4 adults; 5 kids went to breakfast buffet at hotel. A single table could not be accomodated; no big deal; each family sat seperate. But when they received bill a $17.50 group charge was automatically added to bill. For a buffet.

Room Tip: Second floor has a banquet room. When you get off of elevator (in your swimsuit from pool area) you...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Katie J, Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am sorry for the miscommunication with the shuttle. We do offer a complimentary shuttle based on availability, its primary use is for airport runs, we ask that our guests sign up at the front desk for transportation. I apologize that we did not have the shuttle available for the times that you needed. When we have a group of 6 or more eating in the restaurant we do add gratuity. After speaking with our Restaurant Supervisor working that morning because it was one group and one bill, the gratuity was added. However, this should always be communicated to you before you paid, I truly apologize that it was not. We will use your comments as a learning opportunity for our staff and I hope that you will consider staying with us again if your travels bring you to Madison; I know we will exceed your expectations.