“Nice hotel, friendly helpful staff. Great town.”

Sheraton Madison Hotel
Ranked #24 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lenox, Massachusetts
“Nice hotel, friendly helpful staff. Great town.”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stayed here using Starwoods Points based on T/A reviews and were very happy with the hotel. For very cheap, they offered an upgrade to Club Level so we had breakfast each day there.
The rooms were spacious and clean and everyone who worked at the hotel was helpful and made you feel welcome. The gym was almost new and the interior looks like it had been redone not too long ago.
The typical important details...shower, ac-heat, bed comfort, WiFi were all fine and the bed very comfortable.
It was a bit outside of downtown so you do need a car or bike, but overall we found the location convenient.
We travel a lot, but it was our first time to Madison. We enjoyed it more than we had imagined. It's a great town. We'll be back most likely staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for such a great review! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your first stay with us. It is also great to hear that you were able to utilize some of the amenities that our hotel has to offer. We hope that you are able to visit Madison again very soon.

Lisa Watts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Korean first
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I enjoyed sleeping at the Sheraton Madison, they have very comfortable beds and bedding, and the BEST pillows EVER. It was a disappointment to wake up after the first night of good sleep only to realize that the room rate didn't include breakfast. So I had to but breakfast from the restaurant, which was rather expensive. It would help if such pertinent information was communicated to potential guests before or during check-in.

But I liked the shuttle service. The young driver was particularly courteous and helpful.

Green Features: I loved the option of choosing to not have house-keeping service daily. And the coupon incentive helped towards paying for breakfast.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfortable bedding that our hotel has to offer and that you were able to utilize our shuttle services as well. I do apologize that our breakfast was not communicated clearly to you. Unfortunately our rooms that do offer breakfast included are rooms on our Club Level. I will pass your comments onto the appropriate departments. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Madison you will stay with us again.

Yorkville, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This review reflect what I called and expressed the Monday after our stay at this hotel in Madison for the very first time.

A family wedding took us to Madison, WI and our trip from Chicago included our beloved Angel (French Bull dog). The wedding was to start at 1:30, and we had requested early check-in wanting to put our pet in the room (versus remaining in her kennel) during the ceremony; and a place to change into our wedding attire.

The reservationist told us when booking the room that they were sold out (due to the UW-Madison homecoming weekend) and advised they would do their best BUT could make no promises. They offered us the option of a changing room if they couldn't accommodate us (a great Plan B).

We called as requested 1 hour prior to our anticipated arrival at 11:30. The activity at the front desk was clearly chaotic because my wife could hardly hear over the noise in the background. They stated it was unlikely based on what was going on at that moment.

Upon arrival at it became obvious what they were contenting with. The Northwestern University football team (homecoming opponents) had resided there and the buses were loading, along with numerous UW-Madison alumni. We sat in our car for a half hour thinking there was no possibility of early check-in BUT not wanting to change in the Plan B room they offered to provide until closer to wedding time.

At 12:00 my wife went in to get directions to the designated changing room. She came out with the key to a room (on the single pet floor) which was a answer to our prayers.

At 10:30pm, we were preparing to leave the reception and found out no taxi's were available because all fleets were fully booked carrying "happy UW fans" near campus. I called the front desk and asked if a shuttle was available to pick us up. They checked and confirmed one could retrieve us within 20 minutes (amazing considering the earliest we could get a cab was at best 2 hours (if we could get through) based on what others at the Convention Center told us.

They arrived as promised, and saved us from a very long wait!

The customer service provided went way beyond the "call of duty", and it was clear they truly cared about those staying at their "home" that evening. They helped make our wedding experience truly wonderful; and for that we are so grateful.

Customer Service really means something to this organization and their management team; and they demonstrated that through their heroic efforts to help us under truly unusual circumstances.

Room Tip: They have a dedicated floor where pets are allowed; which was top notch and immaculate
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a genuine review. I am very pleased to hear that your stay with us was memorable and that our staff was able to go above and beyond and accommodate all of your requests. Our staff truly enjoys exceeding expectations for all of our guests and I will be sure to share your comments with them all. I hope that if your travels bring you back to Madison you will enjoy another stay with us.

Warm regards,

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 10 October 2013

we walked to the capital from the hotel had fun at the farmer market ,but got cold and wet from the rain, I called up the hotel and they sent shuttle to pick us up, the driver Brett was great, and suggested thing we could see around town. and were to eat. I always like the fluffy bedding at the Sheraton"s hotels nicer than any other hotels.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! I'm so happy to hear that you were able to utilize our shuttle service and that Brett was able to give you some good recomendations for your next stay in Madison. We hope to see you again in the near furture!

Warm regards,

Oregon
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I was here for a conference, and really appreciated the Bcycle rental bike kiosk outside the hotel. Madison is a great city for bicycling. I was able to ride a beautiful path along the lake to the Monona Terrace for my conference, which gave me some exercise and saved me the cost of a taxi or rental car. In the late afternoons, I also rode to the University campus and the arboretum. The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable, and the restaurant and bar were fine for a hotel. The conference rate I was given was a real bargain compared to other hotels in the city center.

Room Tip: The hotel is located just off a busy parkway, so rooms on the side opposite the entrance are probabl...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you for such a fantastic review! I am thrilled to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and that you were able to utilize our Bcycle Station. I hope that your next visit with us will be for leisure so that you are able to experience some more of the amenities that our hotel has to offer!

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Got a room with an incredibly low price from price line. Had to check in after 12 o'clock and the hotel arranged it well after a call. Very spacious room with two queen beds, very comfortable. Gonna stay there again if visiting Madison.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you for such a great review! I am delighted to hear that we were able to acomodate your early check in and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Morton Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Nice hotel with an excellent staff. The pool could use some cleaning. The room service is fast and delicious but pricey. A shuttle is available to take you to and from the hotel to downtown Madison. The rooms are clean but the pillows are a bit too hard for my liking. The bathrooms are nice but not very spacious.

Room Tip: Ask for a refrigerator in the room if you want one.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for such a great review! I am delighted that you were able to utilize some of the amenities that our hotel has to offer. Also I am equally delighted to hear that our customer service went above your expectations. I hope to see you again in the near future.