“Great hotel right off the beltline ”

Sheraton Madison Hotel
Ranked #24 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Great hotel right off the beltline ”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I decided to take a weekend trip to Madison and needed a hotel for a one night stay. The Sheraton was clean, conveniently located, and spacious. I was put in a handicap room (because I asked for a room w/ a king bed but had booked on Hotwire) and it was so spacious, essentially it was a suite! Only downside was that the tv was far away from the bed. Fast room service, and free parking. Two thumbs up!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for a great review! I am very pleased to hear that your recent stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Madison.

Warm Regards,

Lisa Watts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Korean first
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Central Wisconsin’s winter wouldn’t release its cold grip on us so I traveled 100 miles south with my 12-year-old daughter in search of less snow and an indoor pool. We found both during our short stay at the Sheraton Madison. Check in was a breeze and we settled in to our 3rd floor, front-facing room. After a while I smelled cigarette smoke coming in from our wall heater and notice people smoking outside in front of the hotel directly below our room. I called the front desk and within 5 minutes Carla arrived and escorted us to a new room on the sixth floor. She apologized for the inconvenience and provided us with access to the 7th floor lounge, an area reserved for their premiere customers.

The Room: Clean, quiet, adequately size, nice shower/bath, separate sink outside of bathroom, and a bathrobe hanging in the closet which my daughter immediately claimed.

The Pool: Nice size with a comfortable water temperature, I’m told. Much to my daughter’s chagrin, I opted for the 100-degree whirlpool for a much needed therapeutic soak. I explained to her that older people benefited from warmer temperatures but she should continue swimming laps in the pool.

The Fitness Center: Despite my best intentions, I never made it inside the fitness center but it sure looked nice from afar. Maybe next time.

The Restaurant: Generous portions, good food, nice ambiance. No complaints. The bar seemed nice as well and I’m told serves the same menu as the restaurant.

The People: Front Desk Carla is exceptional and embodies outstanding customer service. From the affable maintenance guy in the elevator to the meticulous attendant cleaning the pool, the staff is friendly and helpful.

We’ll stay at the Sheraton Madison again and take advantage of more amenities. We did not have time to jump on the free shuttle to explore downtown Madison but will do so on our next visit. I recommend the Sheraton Madison for its convenient location, value, and above all – its friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: Unless smoking is prohibited at the exterior/front of the building, those rooms nearest are at risk...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for such a fantastic review! I am delighted that you chose to stay with us for your weekend getaway. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed some of the amenities our hotel has to offer, and that our customer service wsa memorable to you. I will be sure to pass your compliments to the associates mentioned. We hope to see you again very soon.

WI
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is a clean hotel not far from downtown. Used the complimentary shuttle to my meetings downtown--little bit of wait on pickup return trip, but ok. Rooms are clean and fairly up to date. Beds are comfortable and linens in good shape. Bathroom is small.

I knocked the rating down two levels because the in-room TV has the HDMI ports locked out. I called the front desk and was told they didn't want guests using the TVs and wanted guests to buy the in-room movies. This is UNACCEPTALBE--nearly all computers, tablets, and phones have some HDMI interface to display the screen on the TV. This is useful for reviewing presentations, sharing pictures, and yes, watching Netflix. Time to step up to the new culture and let guests use the facilities to their full extend--unblock the HDMI port!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank mooring10
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you were able to utilize our Sheraton Shuttle Service. I do apologize for you no being able to access our HDMI port. Our system is a closed propriety system based on our vendor which unfortunately causes them not to work. We are currently looking at a solution that will rectify this issue. We hope you will choose to stay with us again during your next visit to Madison.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

The hotel staff was very courteous, and were very prompt when using their shuttle service to and from downtown Madison. I would recommend anyone stay at this hotel as it is also fairly priced. The pool area was nice and seemed very family friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for a fantastic review! I am delighted to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable, and that our customer service was memorable to you. I am also pleased to hear that you were able to utilize some of the amenities that our hotel has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Check in ok but no baggage cart for piles of equipment. Rooms fine, but limited food (bkfst only) and limited hours for coffee shop.

Limited staff with slow check out. So so stay on a cold weekend. Kept us warm but that was it.

Green Features: Semi green. If this is bronze, check the award. Not much was evident.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our guestrooms and that we were able to keep you warm during the very cold weekend. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Warm regards,

Harvard, Illinois
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife and I attended Canoecopia at the Alliant Center and stayed at the Sheraton. Upon arrival the host behind the desk, I believe his name was Josh, offered to upgrade our room to a suite at no extra cost. Awesome room; very clean, very comfortable. The room included free use of the work out center and of the club room on the 7th floor so we got a really good free breakfast. It was a very nice stay. We will be staying here again next year.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Brian S
Thank you for a wonderful review! I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed you stay with us and I will be sure to pass along your comments to this particular associate. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

PROS: easy to find; close to the interstate so it was in an optimal location for seminars and business meetings; plenty of seating in the lobby and ample restrooms on the ground floor. plenty of parking in the side of the hotel.

CONS: the meeting room used for our seminar was too small- it appeared that we needed twice the space for what the seminar required. Isolated from nearby restaurants - that was the main reason I settled to eat at the Heartland Grill (which I have also reviewed). Avoid the Heartland Grill if you can- the food tasted bland and was expensive. I was also mysteriously charged $20 more in my bill for lunch. In these days of security breaches especially regarding credit cards, that's serious business. I talked with Dave the manager who said he will investigate. Called him again 3 hours later after I did not hear from him (he stated that he will call me as soon as he found out more about it) and he nonchalantly stated that the server made a mistake and that they were taking care of it. He did not appear that concerned that the error(?) occurred.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Big_bro_1_usa
Thank you for taking the tim to share your comments from your recent stay with us. My sincerest apologizes on your experience in our restaurant not meeting your expectations and we thank you for bringing it to our attention. We take the security information for our guests seriously and we work hard to ensure our guests are charged appropriately. Rest assured that we are following up to ensure this does not occur again.