“Excellent Hotel”

Sheraton Madison Hotel
Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed a Friday and Saturday night. We booked through Expedia and had a few issues but the hotel staff settled them right away. The hotel is beautiful and clean. They offer shuttles, which we used, to go downtown. Overall experience was great. Will be going to again.

Room Tip: Upgrade for the $30.00 a night to get appitizers and breakfast every morning.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for a great review! I am very happy to hear that our Sheraton Shuttle Service was convenient for you. I hope you will visit us again the next time you are in Madison.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Best in town. Unbelievable value. Highly recommended! Very warm and friendly staff. Soundproof rooms. Excellent on site dining. Within walking distance oc lake Monona and Aliant Energy Center. Wifi strong and fast. Hbo & showtime complmentary in rooms. Genuine starbucks cafe in lobby.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for a wonderful review! I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed yur recent stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

After being very disappointed with the check in and the room at an ultra trendy hotel in Madison, we decided to search for another property. We were traveling with our small dog and needed a hotel that could accommodate us. We found the Sheraton on Yelp and called and then drove to the property. We were warmly greeted by Marie and explained that we had a reservation at another property, but decided against staying there. She worked with us with a smile, had an easy going nature and a sense of humor - all very important when you are working at the front desk! Our room was beautiful, and the area around the hotel is very nice for pet walking, going for a run and bike riding. There is a beautiful lake right behind the hotel. The location and parking are great - we went to dinner downtown and then out to see some music - it was an easy 5 minute drive from the hotel. Very comfortable, wonderful stay at the Sheraton Madison.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for a fantastic review! I am delighted that we were able to make your visit to Madison very enjoyable. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to Marie, and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I had a quick night stay here after a long drive at this Sheraton . The front desk was friendly.
Being an SPG member I got the room in the club floor.The rooms look renovated but by Sheraton's standards and they could be better.
The club floor has complimentary breakfast where we need card to access to the breakfast area here.
The lady at the breakfast area seemed not so friendly looking at me in my casual wear/pajamas. I wanted to carry breakfast to my room from the club area and have breakfast in my own room .when I asked her to help me with a tray , she told me to bring my own tray from my room and sounded as if that was the last thing she was interested to do. I had no option but to run back and get a tray for myself. ouch?? All for a tray !!!

Well, when I stayed at other Sheraton hotels the club floor breakfast waiter/waitress were always helpful with silverware, trays etc and also help serving breakfast if required by the guests. After all it is the club floor and that curtosy is expected.
Manager - Hope you are listening ?

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

I absolutely am listening and thank you for sharing your comments. I assure you we will be addressing this service with the Club Lounge Attendant immediately. My sincerest apologies, this is not the service we wish to provide in anyway. We hope that the next time you are visiting Madison, you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We received a deal on hotels.com "daily deal" and got this hotel for $73/ night with tax. For that this was a steal, so can't complain much. The hotel had a modern, new feel but was obviously an older hotel that had a facelift. Almost seemed like because we got a deal they gave us a sub par room. We got a room with two double beds (was traveling with my wife) and the room was across from the elevators. The other kicker was that the room was directly above the entrance so the spotlights shined right into our room. Overall a nice hotel at a great price for us.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us. I apologize that your guest room accomodations did not met your expecations. We hope that the next time you visit Madison you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I'm always a little leery about booking through a cut rate site - I envision getting a room under the stairway next to a noisy ice machine. BUT, without knowing what hotel I would get, I ended up with the Sheraton and everything about my stay was great. Very friendly and informative front desk staff, classy updated contemporary decor, clean room, great shower, and extremely comfortable bed - loved the premiumbbedding. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for a wonderful review! I am very pleased hat we were able to exceed your expectations and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 17 April 2014

As stated below, this hotel is four star priced, but only offers three star amenities. The parking lot filled quickly at night and we had to walk quite a ways in the frigid cold. The reception area was plush and security present in the early morning hours. Since it did not offer a free continental breakfast, we passed on paying for food there when so many different options were a short drive away. The location is great if you are attending an event at the nearby convention center, and also an easy drive to the main downtown area. Given time constraints, we did not use the pool, so no report on that. All in all, a nice, but pricy, place to stay.

Room Tip: Trying to be Four Star, but still only three Star. Amenities missing were fridge and microwave, plus...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for a nice review. I am happy to hear that the location of our hotel was convenient for you and that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Madison.