“Quiet, Clean, and Easy to Get To!”

Sheraton Madison Hotel
Ranked #24 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I came here for business during the week. I was checked in without wait. The room was clean, modern, and without blemish. The staff was extremely friendly. I easily slept through the night on the extremely comfy bed. The bathroom was clean. The shower was instantly hot.

The hotel was very clean and cared for. The lobby was adequate for meeting colleagues. The business center looked quite functional, but was unneeded by me.

The location was superb. It is located on the belt line. The Alliant Center is across the street. My conference was downtown, which was a five minute car ride. I would have rented one of the red bikes, but my overweight colleague was unable to bike there. The red bikes can be checked out in the hotel's parking lot.

I truly enjoyed my stay here.

Room Tip: I enjoyed looking at the Alliance Center, they had a festival that weekend that ended at 9pm every n...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for a wonderful review! I am proud to hear that your recent stay with us exceeded your expectations, and that our customer service was memorable to you. We hope you will come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our second trip to the Sheraton in Madison and we weren't disappointed. Sometimes our second stay doesn't match up to the first, but the Sheraton has been great every time we've been there. I think it's the Staff...they are always upbeat, friendly and helpful. Rooms are really nice and there are plenty of amenities...bar, pool, restaurant, sitting area, business stations, etc. Also, the hotel is walking distance to Olin Park, the Alliant Energy Center, bike and running paths and more. If you want to go downtown, just ask for the complimentary shuttle and you're on your way! Again, a great stay at a great place. Josh the manager personally made sure we had everything we needed and he, too, was great to work with.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for a fantastic review! I am very pleased to hear we are your hotel of choice when you visit Madison. I was also happy to hear that you were able to utilize some of the amenities that our hotel has to offer. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The staff and facilities made my brother's recent wedding amazing! Every member of the staff was so helpful with all the little details, and helped solve a ton of logistical snafus. A personal shoutout to Autumn at the front desk, and Brian and Jose with banquet services. Thank you and everyone else for making this event so incredible!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for a great review! I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the appropriate associates. We hope you will come back to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

A four day business trip at the Madison Sheraton was a very good experience. The hotel was in great shape and the room and bathroom were clean. The staff was helpful and the check-in check-out process was fast. Free Wifi throughout the hotel with good signal everywhere. The hotel bar had a nice wine tasting and a good selection of local beer

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for a wonderful review! I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were able to sample some of the wines from our Sheaton Social Hour. We hope you will come back and visit us again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Checked in for business conference this afternoon. Room heating unit came on about 15 minutes ago when I came back from business meeting. The strong SMELL of burned hair coming from the room heater was overwhelming...and sickening! Called front desk, they sent up an "engineer" who took off the front and said it was probably because they cleaned it today...and blew some hair into the heating unit. WHAT??? Cleaning makes it smell like burnt hair?
Engineer said she could smell the burnt smell way down the hall when she came to the room. Leave the unit running in high heat for fifteen minutes....it should burn off by then....if not, she said, they'd figure out something else.
I know, as the engineer said, the hotel was build in the '70s....things wear out and need replacing. I think a good idea would be to take a serious look at the infrastructure of this building...then decide to close, or really replace worn out items. Looks like a facelift was done on hallways some time back..they're a very dark brown/black & grey....sorta depressing in its own way. Rooms look pretty worn, too. Well, I suppose most hotel business owners are aware of what the competition is...and what they offer. And....so are we as consumers.....next time I'll make a better choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. We will be sharing your comments with our Team and Ownership so that we may improve for the future. I hope the next time you are in Madison, you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed a Friday and Saturday night. We booked through Expedia and had a few issues but the hotel staff settled them right away. The hotel is beautiful and clean. They offer shuttles, which we used, to go downtown. Overall experience was great. Will be going to again.

Room Tip: Upgrade for the $30.00 a night to get appitizers and breakfast every morning.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa W, General Manager at Sheraton Madison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for a great review! I am very happy to hear that our Sheraton Shuttle Service was convenient for you. I hope you will visit us again the next time you are in Madison.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Best in town. Unbelievable value. Highly recommended! Very warm and friendly staff. Soundproof rooms. Excellent on site dining. Within walking distance oc lake Monona and Aliant Energy Center. Wifi strong and fast. Hbo & showtime complmentary in rooms. Genuine starbucks cafe in lobby.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for a wonderful review! I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed yur recent stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.