“Good Experience”

Ranked #14 of 63 Hotels in Madison
San Antonio, Texas
“Good Experience”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in this Super 8 motel while visiting family in Madison. We were very pleased with our stay. The room was clean. The staff was exceptionally nice and helpful. The breakfast was as expected. Cereal, instant oatmeal, waffles, toast, yogurt, boiled eggs, fresh fruit, coffee and juice. One of the managers went out of his way to make us a fresh pot of decaf coffee. We would definitely stay here again. Definitely one of the more reasonably priced hotels to stay in Madison.

Room Tip: They are in the process of remodeling and upgrading their rooms. We were in a room that had not bee...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Super8-MadisonSouth, General Manager at Super 8 Madison South, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for your recent business and your kind comments regarding our SuperStart breakfast. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving your lodging needs in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Hartland
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I thought for 80.00 it was bit expensive for Super 8 Motel and would expect more modern room and better breakfast buffet..

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We are in the process of remodeling many elements in our guest rooms and will be completed by the end of 2013. We hope to see you the next time you are in Madison, WI.
Gaylord
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Our stay was good. We left some clothes behind by mistake and the staff whne called made sure they were returned to us in good order. We were very pleased at how they took care of this for us.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for choosing the Super 8 - Madison South during your recent trip to Madison. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to reunite you with your lost belongings. Please be sure to visit again the next time you are in Madison, WI.
Rochester
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Researched motels in area and this one seemed very good. Even after checkin, felt that I had made the right choice.

But immediately had problems with wireless that were never resolved. Was able to connect and use the internet immediately after arrival. Left laptop on and connected. Went out to dinner and ballgame. Came back 4 hours later and laptop was no longer connected. I contacted the front desk and the clerk said that she was also having problems connecting with her phone. She also said that I needed to contact the 800 number, which I didn't know anything about. I figured that was something she should be doing, not I.

Was gone the whole following day, but still did not have wireless when we returned at 8:00. Found card in room that said I needed to call that 800 number for service. Called and was put on hold, then asked for info to have them call back. I got a call back about a half hour later, and this 20-something arrogant, condescending techno-geek couldn't explain to me how I could connect when I arrived, but could not connect at that time. He claimed that all of my problems were caused by the fact I was using an older laptop.

I finally gave up and never did get connected again.

The floors creaked and kids were running down the hall from the pool until midnight. In the morning, there was a continuous stream of activity through the door that I finally determined was the office. The opening and closing was easy to hear in our room.

I will not return to this Super 8.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your candid response regarding your recent stay. Our goal is to exceed our customers’ expectations and your comments will help us to improve upon our service. We have recently upgraded our guest internet package to a 100 mg service. We have additionally contracted with a 24 hour internet support company to assist with any and all troubleshooting. Information regarding this 24 hour support is included in the room. This does however require the guest to call, as the troubleshooting measures often can include changing settings on one’s wireless device. Also, a feature of our internet service does include inactivating the internet connection after 4 hours of inactivity, in order to free up connection to other guests. I am passing on your comments to this company for review and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. I also apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay. I have passed your comments along to my staff and have made adjustments to our office door to lower the noise of opening and closing. We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you again in the future.