“Nice place, nice price!!”

Super 8 Madison South
Ranked #14 of 63 Hotels in Madison
“Nice place, nice price!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

We were just passing through and needed a place to stay. They were very accommodating and the place was clean and comfortable at a very reasonable price! We were very happy with our experience here and would definitely recommend it to others!

Stayed July 2013
Super8-MadisonSouth, General Manager at Super 8 Madison South, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for staying with the Super 8 - Madison South and for taking the time to complete a guest review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to providing for your lodging needs the next time you are passing through Madison, WI.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reedsburg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Terrible, next time will pay more money to stay somewhere else. Awful accessibility for my husband in a wheelchair. Terrible furniture, barely enough space for his wheelchair to get between the bed and TV stand. Very uncomfortable, 1 desk chair and 1 hard old broken recliner. Must say bathroom was amazing for handicap people, that and the gentleman that checked me in were the only good things about this stay. I told them when I booked the room my husband was having surgery and he was in a wheelchair, you would think they would have put a little more thought into our room. NEVER STAYING AGAIN.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your candid comments regarding your stay. I apologize that your room did not meet your needs. Our goal is to continually improve upon our hotel to provide a consistent great experience for all of our guests. We are noting your comments for future remodeling plans. We hope that you will give our hotel another chance in the future.
Racine, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

This hotel was a lot nicer than I was expecting. The exits close to Fish Hatchery aren't known for having great hotels but this one is definitely better than those. The rooms were large and clean, the pool area was pretty big and there was even a fitness center. Good location, close to where we were having our event. I would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your business and for writing your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with our hotel and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Good basic hotel. Updated and clean. BUT - You can hear all your neighbors coming and going by the slamming of the doors. The walls felt like they were shaking. I tried my own door and there really is no way of closing those doors quietly. Other Super 8s I have stayed at had the same problem. Breakfast is the standard but not enough seating. Had to take my breakfast back to my room. Very convenient to UW campus.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in a room as far away from the elevator, ice machine and housekeeping room as possible...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for staying with us recently and for bringing your issue to our attention. I am sorry to hear that the noise of the doors closing caused you discomfort. I have alerted my maintenance staff to this problem and they have taken the appropriate actions to minimize the noise associated with closing the doors. We hope to be able to serve your lodging needs in the future.
Bettendorf
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Nice hotel. Clean room, clean bathroom, refigerator, iron & ironing board, and safe. More than I expected.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super8-MadisonSouth, General Manager at Super 8 Madison South, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently and for commenting on your experience. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us again soon.
Winneconne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Returned to this motel for a second time. Attended an expo at the Alliant Center. The accommodations where just as good as the first time. I try to limit carbs so at hard boiled eggs and yogurt. The room had a frig and a microwave so added my own goodies. The Alliant center is easy to get to from this hotel. Ask the desk for directions on the back way. The Alliant center charges a king's ransom for food and drink, so use the frig to keep you own lunch and snacks at the ready. I had a little trouble with the WiFi. I think the techs have over configured the system that can cause problems with some computers. iPad work fine, but Win7 balked a little. Management (Josh) promised to look into it. Overall very nice stay with an accommodating staff.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your repeat business and for your comments regarding your recent stay. I apologize that you experienced some issues with the internet during your stay. We realize the importance of a fast, strong internet connection in today's world. To that end, we have invested greatly in new wireless internet hardware this year, as well as faster speeds. We have also contracted with a company to manage our wireless internet 24/7. If you experience any issues going forward, I would be happy to work with you to ensure this company can resolve any issues with your internet speed or connectivity. We hope to see you again soon.
Madison
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

myself and two friends recently stayed at the super 8 south. we wanted somewhere cheap and close to down town Madison for the shops and bars. overall I found my stay very good. the room was serviced daily and it was very clean. the rooms are a little out dated and could do with redecorating however the staff were fantastic!!! very friendly and located so close to down town a taxi fare was $9

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for staying with our hotel recently and for taking the time to complete a review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also happy to say that we will be finishing our room remodeling by the end of this year, to include all new bedding, paint, draperies and flat panel LCD TV's with High Definition programming. Over half our rooms are currently remolded already. Please visit us again soon to see our new rooms.