“Totally Impressed!”

Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club
Ranked #4 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I have stayed downtown Madison many times but this was my first time at the Concourse.
A friend of mine told me to check out the Concourse Hotel so I did and it was one of the best I have ever stayed in. The underground parking is a bit tight but its very convenient. The hotel is laid out very well, and the rooms are VERY nice....extremely clean and well maintained. I stayed on the 14th floor, great view, spacious room, comfortable bed. Be sure to get the governors club package, very nice bar, as well as hor dourves and breakfast.

Room Tip: Take the Governors club package, its worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,380)

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Loved the governors room with free drinks, deserts and hor'devors. Rooms where lovely we had a view of the capital building from our window! The showers are HUGE and love the huge flat screens mounted to the wall!

Room Tip: Pay extra for the governors rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Great hotel with a great location. Our room was impeccably clean! The sheets and pillows were cozy, and the towels were plush. We stayed on a Saturday night, and the hotel was nice and quiet. They seemed to have a nice variety of guests, including many families. I would book this hotel again for a downtown Madison stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I wanted to take a moment and write a review for the concourse in madison. I have now stayed here about 8 times total. Each time has been excellent. The hotel is classy, clean, and updated. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The governors levels are amazing. Access to a free lounge with drinks and appetizers along with great bartenders and good company.

The wifi at the hotel is great and each room has a very nice flat screen TV. The views of Madison along with the state house are amazing.

I personally would not stay anywhere else in madison besides the concourse. I have spoke to others that have stayed at other nearby hotels and they don't even compare in discussion. Concourse has friendly staff, great shuttle service, great options like fitness room, pool, restaurant near lobby.

The room service which I used a few times is excellent as well. Food was very good, fast service and easy cleanup after.

I can't recommend the concourse enough. If you are going to Madison for business or pleasure I highly recommend you stay here and of course I highly recommend you try and stay on the governor level rooms

Room Tip: Rooms on the governor levels. I believe 11 through 14. All are amazing and have nice views. Some hav...
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My wife and I were in Madison in September 2013 for The Black Crowes concert. We splurged on a room with access to the Governor's Club and it was WORTH IT. We made it back to the hotel just as the Governor's Club was closing up for the night. This meant that they were encouraging us to take the leftover desserts with us.

It has been several months since we visited but the impression remains: the hotel was clean, comfortable and awesome!

Room Tip: Check out the Governor's Club.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The governor's club is exclusive so I'm not sure if everyone has the ability to partake. It's a nice perk to an upgrade I'm sure. Open bar and hor'derves in the evening, and a wide selection of breakfast options in the mornings. The rooms are quite nice and the beds are luxuriously comfortable! It was hard to get myself motivated to get out of bed and get to work! The hotel amenities are very clean and the hours of operation are great! I believe fitness and indoor pool/jacuzzi are open til 11 pm. The roomservice menu looked good, but my breakfast and dinner selections were not great. I chose to dine out for dinner and take advantage of the complimentary breakfast selections in the mornings.
The hotel location is central to all downtown. The views of the capital building are wonderful and during breakfast you can sit in the governor's club which overlooks downtown.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

My husband an I alway book the Governor's Club when we visit Madison. The location is ideal for State Street restaurants, bars and night life.....but....we seldom make it out because of the great service and value it is to spend time on the 11th floor at the Governor's Club. The bartendars are helpful, fun, and knowledgable about what to do and where to go in town. This is a fabulous property, well maintained and they know how to do it right! We were there for March Maddness and had a great time. Go Badgers!

Room Tip: I would pay the extra money to get the Governor's club package.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple