“Friendly staff, nice room and a good location”

Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club
Ranked #4 of 63 Hotels in Madison
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Having stayed in this hotel three of four seasons I can assure the reader the professionalism and welcoming nature every person working here was commendable during each trip. For example I had a fussy door one visit and one of maids saw me struggling with the card and offered immediately to help, later a maintenance person. Although the door could have worked better I would much rather stay somewhere with helpful staff and a sticky door, than a perfect door and aloof staff.
The rooms range in size but were all clean and well maintained. I loved the bathroom shower in a couple of rooms. They worked well and were nicely designed without the need for mats (which I really dislike).
The only downside for one room was the proximity to the garbage cans used by the building across the street. Although I was six floor up the 4:30 garbage pick daily up was a bit annoying.
As others noted there is a lot of things to do and

Room Tip: The governors club is a good choice for larger, typically quieter rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We used to book normal rooms and then moved to governer's club rooms--great decision. Bigger rooms, whirl pool and of course the lounge facilities. I like their cocktails and disserts much. Staff is very helpful. check-in easy. And the location is great. There are food and entertainment options close by. Not to mention the farmer's market (Sunday), and three museums, all walking distance.

Room Tip: Book Governer's club rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sandyahd1
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My trip to Madison WI couldn't have gone any better since I stayed at the Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club. The front desk service and the Governor's club made the trip a wonderful experience. We were there for opening day of the farmers market on the Capitol square. The Front Desk staff and the Governor's Club staff gave us some helpful hints how to enjoy the Farmers Market as well as enjoy the surrounding area. One of people traveling with us drop their phone outside the front of the hotel. The Bell Captain followed them and when they stopped at a gas station asked if the phone belonged to them. Very nice of them to do that.

Room Tip: Get a room that includes access to the Governor's Club.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

In short, the Madison concourse is conveniently located and all around a pleasant experience! The staff is always very accommodating and happy to meet your needs in order for you to be comfortable with your stay.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed 3 nights on Governors Club. Breakfast was wonderful and full of many choices. Appetizers were delicious and the variety was great. Adam,the bartender went out of his way to make us feel comfortable. The room was clean and the beds and linens were out of this world. Front desk was always cheerful and ready to assist us in any way. Will definitely stay here again. Conveniently located

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I arrived on a cold night in Madison, obviously struggling to lug three large suitcases in the door, while three desk clerks twelve feet away briefly watched my struggle and went back to shuffling paper. No bellman to help, either. The room was small and nondescript: nothing special, nothing distinctive. On three separate occasions, the internet connection didn't work--once for more than two hours when timing was critical for a document that I was trying to finish and send. The problem wasn't with my computer, as I could access the internet in the lobby, just not up on my floor. Next, my travel plans changed and I needed to stay an extra night in Madison, so I checked to see if I could get a room with a king sized bed if I were to stay another night. I was told yes, only to find the next day that I was actually on a waiting list for a king sized bed, with no guarantees. Everything took a lot of effort in this hotel. On the positive side, the restaurant staff was very friendly and the food was good. I notice now in retrospect that some of the most positive reviews for this hotel refer to stays in the Governor's Club near the top of the hotel, so perhaps the service and experience are much better up in the more rarified air. In my case, I ended up not staying the extra night at this hotel, but switched to a nearby hotel where I received better service and a more comfortable room and regretted not having moved out of the Concourse earlier. It was a disappointing stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Definitely get a room with Governors club access. Love it here. Very accommodating for business or pleasure. Comfy beds and super clean. Centrally located and shuttle service w/in two miles for dinner or whatever else.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends