Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
HotelRED(Madison)
1,452 results
All reviewsstate streetcapitol buildingwithin walking distanceunderground parkingclub levelfree drinksfarmers marketoverture centerfavorite hotelbusiness or pleasurecontinental breakfastthe entire staffthe location is perfectfitness centerwonderful hotelfront desk staffdowntown area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I had a great time at the Madison Concourse Hotel. We were on the 12th floor with a fabulous view of the Capitol and access to the Governor's Club. Highly recommend staying here! We also had a majority of the guests for our Madison wedding stay here as well. Staff was great, food/service is excellent! I would work with them again in a heart beat!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed at the Concourse for two nights as part of a tour. Our room on the eight floor was spacious and comfortable. It was only a short walk to most of Madison's attractions, including several restaurants in State Street.

Breakfasts were nice. Needing a 'veggie fix' I chose the cold cooked vegetables, which I ate on a warm pancake. Not the usual meal, but healthy!

One criticism was the slowness of delivery of luggage and problems getting a lift, but the place was packed at the time, so I guess that was understandable.

Room Tip: I think room not facing the street are more quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The Madison Concourse Hotel has been a pleasant surprise for this business traveler. I did not eat in the restaurant or order room service so this review focuses only on the accommodations and Governor's Club Lounge - and my impressions of the hotel's general level of service.
Service: Very good to excellent. Every staff member was not only cordial, but took extra steps to make sure my stay was successful. I stayed on the Governor's Club level for two nights and requested a change to a regular room for the last two nights (would not have had time to use the Club Level services for my last two night's stay). They assigned me a new room at the conference rate, suggested that I can leave my luggage in the room - when I returned to the hotel after a hard day at work I picked up my new key - my luggage was in the new room as planned. I know this sounds like a simple matter - but for those of you who live in hotels - it is the type of service that is appreciated. My second day I missed the shuttle to our conference and they searched out a staff member to take me to my destination without a complaining. The desk clerks were quick, friendly and professional. The regular rooms had two queen beds, a nice shower (no tub), the normal soaps/shampoos. A refrigerator in each room - a decent flat screen TV. Free internet service.
The Governor's Club level was the surprise of this stay. Access to the club levels by room key, there is an express elevator to the 3 club level floors. The club served a high quality breakfast (6:30 - 9:30 on workdays, 7-11 on weekends), afternoon hot and cold hors d'ourvres (5:30-7:30) and deserts (9 PM). The Lounge has a full, circular bar with bar stools around 75% of the circle. A talented bartender mixes a large selection of traditional and new cocktails (Made a great "Negroni" at the tail end of Negroni Week). The open bar is free to Governor's Club Level Guests. Friday and Saturday nights can be a bit rowdy with 25+ drinkers having fun. Sunday night was more quiet with about 8 guests present and casual conversations around the bar.
I would highly recommend the Madison Concourse Hotel's Governor's Club to Madison visitors. Caution - No children are allowed on the Governor's Club floors. This is good for business travelers, may not be good for people traveling with families.

Room Tip: For business travelers I recommend the Governor's Club Levels. For families the poolside rooms with sliding doors opening onto the pool. One side of the hotel has a great view of the Capitol building which is impressive when lit up at night. If you want a view of the water on the other side of the hotel - choose a high room (Governor's Level) to see the water view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We got a room here for just $86 on a Saturday night using Priceline, so for the price especially, we are very happy! All the rooms have been recently renovated--the lighting was poor; super dark, but not a problem. The decor was updated, and the room was very clean. The beds were comfortable, and we were on the seventh floor, so we could not hear street noise. I am VERY averse to noise when I try to sleep (we have a baby) and this hotel was incredibly quiet. I heard a few thumps around 2 am when I'm sure other guests were returning from the bar, but other than that you could not hear anything between rooms or from the hallway! The staff were all accommodating and friendly too. The only issue was that the parking garage is under ground ($10 a night, not bad), and the ceilings are so low that it ripped the antennae off of our Jeep... but they have warning signs up about low clearance, so it was our own fault... but it still sucks. We did not try the pool area or the restaurants. There is a coffee shop just a block away called Michelangelo's which was great first thing in the morning. Though I understand the hotel is getting a Starbucks soon which will be awesome.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the more quiet it will be as it's away from the street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank chriskitten8
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Madison Concourse Hotel and Governor's Club is located a block from the Capitol. The hotel is a very nice hotel with very comfortable rooms. There is a conveniently located restaurant next to the lobby for your meals. We have stayed at this hotel more than a dozen times and always been satisfied. This time we stayed for Graduation with five rooms all being conveniently located together which made for a great weekend.

Room Tip: Stay on the Governor's Club level
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family