“Perfect date night”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My husband and I went to Sushi Muramoto and were impressed. The inside-out rolls were our favorite and the complimentary green tea was a nice add-on to our meal. The inside is small and a little cramped, but overall that did not detract from our experience. The sushi was wonderful and we plan on going back soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We tried this for lunch before went went back to Milwaukee after a night in Madison. The decor is nice, and if you sit in the right seats you can watch the chefs (I know places with sushi bars have this, but I enjoy it). Our server (Rosemary) was knowledgable and attentive. There is a nice lunch menu, with specials and sushi rolls (regular price, I think), as well as the regular menu. I had the excellent crab cakes, with rice and a salad (the unexpected nice touch was seasoned corn flakes on the salad). My wife had a special roll, which was delicious and beautifully prepared, so it looked like a the caterpillar it was named after. The host? We walked in, and he said NOTHING. He seated us after we said two people, and had his back to us almost before the menus were on the table. This happened to the table next to us too. This guy is the face of the restaurant when customers come in, and he walked around in an aloof haze. I joked to my wife that he must be the owner's kid, as no one else would keep him around. A very nice lunch, minus the welcome, which was a turn off.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Living a mere 5 minutes away from Sushi Moromoto, it has become one of my favorite places to get food. If you are nearby I suggest getting it to go as it can sometimes be very crowded.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I've had sushi here numerous times and it is about the best in Madison but a far cry from ones on the coast.

Some of their special rolls are good as well as the spider roll. They list, but rarely have, fatty tuna.

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

NOT my favorite sushi. They use lots of "paste" in their rolls, so it's hard to tell what you're getting. Very overpriced.