“If you want sleep this is NOT the place for you”

Comfort Suites Madison West
Ranked #28 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 27 March 2011

The sign by the front desk announces that the pool is open until midnight. That seemed a bit late to me but our room was at the far end of the first floor away from the pool area. What we did not anticipate was screaming children running up and down the hall, rooms with the doors open blaring music and drunken adults shouting slurred profanity. After three attempts to reach the front desk I finally reached someone after midnight and asked them to deal with the situation. She was polite and apologized over and over but the noise persisted until nearly one in the morning.

We will never come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2011

I certainly apologize for the experience you had at our hotel and do wish you come back to try us again as this is not a typical stay. I'm not sure why things were this way on that particular evening. We normally have the pool closed at 11pm and we do have security on to help minimze the noise. Again I apologize and please feel free to contact me with any other questions or concerns you may have. We do hope to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 23 March 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Suites with a group for a ski trip in February. The lobby was nicely decorated and the front desk attendants were friendly and helpful. The pool was quite large and the kids loved the game room. For a suites hotel the rooms were a tad small but it was fine for a one night stay. The breakfast was good, the hotel was clean and the rate was great. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2011

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope you come again the next time you have a ski trip near Madison! We do have rooms with two beds and sofa sleeper in them. That might give you a little bit more room next time or you can ask us about our loft suites. The lofts have two bathrooms so if you have quite a few people in one room that might be a better fit for you. Thanks again for letting us know and hope to have you stay with us again soon !

Reviewed 4 January 2011

You have to turn the heat up to 78 degrees to get the cold air to stop blowing. But, then it gets really, really hot in the room. It is very difficult to regulate the air temperature.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2011

Thanks for you comments on Tripadvisor. We try to make everyone's stay as pleasant as possiable. Sorry to hear that you had problems with your Heating/Air Conditioner during your stay. We try to make everything right as soon as we can, If you can please contact me to let me know more about your issue that would be great. Again that's for letting us know !

Amy Miniya

Reviewed 8 October 2010

I've stayed at this hotel maybe a dozen times, and I'm never disappointed. This time, as always, the front desk staff was top notch, the suite was clean, breakfast was hot, if not thrilling, and now the Sprecher brew pub is open nearby for a fun gathering with friends of both the beer drinking, and root beer drinking varieties.

The hotel is near a ton of shopping opportunities, and I also enjoy long walks along the streets near the hotel for morning exercise or to walk your dog.

I can't say enough about how nice the people are here. A couple of years ago, we were there with our dog during the holidays, and the staff showed up with small dog treats and toys all wrapped for Christmas. when we've needed to add rooms on the fly, or make reservation changes, these guys are really great.

Hotel is on the beltline, so you're just a quick jump to downtown Madison, or hop over to Middleton easily too.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2010

Thanks for letting us know about your experiences with us ! We try to make everyone enjoy their stay with us and are glad that you feel at home with us when staying in Madison! We hope to see you soon and don't forget your dog !

Reviewed 26 September 2010

I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Madison for 5 nights at the end of August/early September for a business trip.

The hotel is in a great location that straddles Madison and Middleton, right off the Beltline. It's in a nice professional area with other hotels, office buildings, etc. There are nearby restaurants and even an upscale shopping village.

My room was clean and nice, and maid service was very meticulous...towels placed very neatly in the bathroom, no shortage of toiletries, etc.

The complimentary breakfast was decent...not the best I've ever had, but offered enough. Each morning, a different hot item was served, while the other items remained the same. They included cereal, oatmeal, bananas, yogurt, and cheese squares.

At night, the breakfast area turns into a lounge, and if you are a Choice Hotel member staying at the hotel, I was told I could get 6 free cocktails, though I never took advantage of that. Other guests are allowed 3 free cocktails.

The hotel is operated by Wisco Hotel Group. Some other people attending the same conference I did stayed at two of the group's other properties in the area: a Holiday Inn and Baymont Inn. They all said their hotels were nice, too.

I did use the hotel's fitness room while I was there. It was nice and modern, but typically small as most of these things go. The equipment, which included a weight machine and an elliptical, were in like new condition.

Overall, I would stay at the Comfort Suites in a heartbeat if I ever have a chance to visit Madison again. The only improvement I could recommend would be that the parking lot needs to be repaved, and it's a little bit of a rough exit onto the road, so drive slowly!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
gmreviews, Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2010

Thank- you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at out Hotel. We hope to see you again soon !

Reviewed 27 June 2010

We held a small (10 rooms - 22 people) family reunion at the Comfort Suites. Every request we had was honored and then some. We had free use of a very large, secure meeting room for the entire weekend with TV/video access with our 10 room reservation. Guest rooms are very spacious, clean and well-appointed. The pool area is quite large as is the hot tub, and there is an arcade nearby. There are free cocktails in the lounge every night and a breakfast with some hot items every morning. The surrounding area has some very nice shopping and dining options.
You can't go wrong with this hotel and its friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
HIMSN, Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2010

tvgranny: Thank you for your review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoy your family reunion and your stay at our hotel. We take pride in making your experience great! Glad to hear that our staff made your experience just that. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your group. We hope to have you as our guests again in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2010

This Comfort Suites maintains the consistency you expect from the brand. We always seek out their hotels for a great value anywhere. We did have an issue here once (we've stayed a few times) where we had to be moved due to an odor from an A\C unit. The staff is friendly and they have a really nice little bar. It's also right off the highway with easy access to Middleton and Madison.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2010

Thanks for letting us know about your stay with us here at Comfort Suites. I'm glad to hear that you are Happy with our hotel and the Choice Brand. I'm glad you enjoy our amenites and location. Thanks for making us aware about the room odor.... I apologize about having to have you move rooms. I hope that all was good after that ! Hope to see you soon !

Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West
Homewood Suites Madison West
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton

Been to Comfort Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!