“Great place to stay”

Comfort Suites Madison West
Ranked #28 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Very accommodating. Had business with UW Hospital, stayed a week - some nights needed 3 rooms, others 2 some 1. Great continental breakfast each day. Helpful front desk. Clean and quite.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Thanks for you recent comments about our Hotel on Trip Advisor ! We try to accomidate as best we can and are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us ! We hope to see you again soon !

Reviewed 24 June 2011

Boy has this place gone down in the last couple of years. We stay here every summer because we liked the 2 floor suite. Sorry to say this year was our last. Where the room is located, the ice machine is right around the corner. Convenient, right?!? Well, not if it ISN'T WORKING! The ice machine as well as the vending machine right next to it were both out of order, with no signs indicating this. So we had to go down a floor every time we wanted ice. Then, one of the upstairs lights by the bed didn't work. A very nice front desk person came up and tried a couple of bulbs, didn't work. She said she would have maintenance check it the next day, since it was night by now. No problem. The next day, he changed the bulb, she said he didn't have a problem. I went to turn it on and SPARKS came out of the plug!! YIKES! Then, there was the pool. That is where EEEEEWWW comes in. There were band-aids all over the floor, only 1/2 the jets worked in the hot tub, the hot tub had dirt on the floor of the tub and all of the corners of the steps and seats, the clock didn't work the whole time we were there. Which would be fine if you didn't have plans and had to keep getting out to check the clock in the workout room outside of the pool. Real convenient. The "gameroom" in the pool room was disgusting. There was 1, and I mean ONE toy in the claw machine, there were rubick's cube keychains hanging in one game as prizes and a bunch of the stickers fell off because they were so old. It looked as though no one had entered that room since the games were first put in there. The rooms need major updating. The carpet looked worn, in the room and hallways. The ceiling and walls were dusty from the ceiling fan. There was no vent/fan in the downstairs bathroom. The pull out couch was very uncomfortable to sit on because the cushions were sinking in the middle. You get 3 free drinks. They are one at a time and the breakfast room turns into a bar, that you can't bring anyone under 21 into. That was nice, since we had our 7&9 year olds with. The bartender definitely didn't want to be there and she was incredibly unfriendly, which makes me think all of those tips in her pitcher were put in there by her. Needless to say, I am very sad that this gem we thought we had found, turned out to be a complete dud. Oh well, I'll know this for next year and will start looking into other hotels. ANY OTHER hotel.

3  Thank Packerfan1999
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2011

Thanks for telling us about your experience ! I'm sorry to hear that your last stay was not like your past stays with us. I'm sorry about the non-working Icemachine on third floor. We do have a new one on the way. Thanks for bringing it to my attention about the pool clock, pool jets and cleanliness and the game room I did pass this along to be taken care of. I did let my bartender know that you were unhappy with the service provided . Hopefully if you try us again you will see our hotel in a diffent light ! We would like to be your "gem" again. As I mentioned before we do have some renovations coming for the winter of this year into spring, so I do hope that you try us again ! Please let me know as we would love to have you and your family stay !

Reviewed 24 June 2011

We stayed here for an on overnight. I had checked out rates for the downtown hotels and found this to be much less costly. When we were down town, the other hotels were no where near as kept up as this particular hotel. The rooms are nice and the pool and hot tub were great. (this hot tub was kept to a very hot level and not cool). The staff was friendly. My family asked the desk clerk for suggestions on food, areas of interest and she was fantastic! The breakfast offered a good variety of quick foods. I saw on the ratings that this hotel had some low scores, but I would highly recommend it! It is in a great location and is very clean. The beds were EXTREMELY comfortable. I will definitely go back to this particular hotel when in Madison.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Thanks for submitting a review on tripadvisor ! I'm glad to hear that you liked our hotel. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Madison ! Thanks again for staying with us !

Reviewed 21 June 2011

When I arrived with my son and lugging in my bags it would have been nice to have sliding doors. Then I walked in the lobby and thought man they have not decorated since the 90's. That is my over all feeling, this place is out dated and needs a remodel. I did get a nice sized room, two double beds and a nice sitting area. I was on the second floor on the pool end. Our first night was fine. Then Friday and Saturday night we shared the motel with a Softball tournament, they were loud. I over heard in the elevator that someone had ants in their room. Then on Sunday driving with my parents who were on the second floor and on the conference room end of the motel said they had ants too. My room was not very clean, it sink had hair around it and the bath tub drain was broken. I bring sani wipes with me so I cleaned the sink and fixed the drain shut to give my son a bath. The pool and hot tub were dirty. The food wasn't good, but made due with what they provided us. They said they had internet and printers, but the printer was out of order when I wanted to go print my boarding pass for my return flight. My next trip to Madison I will pay more to have a clean and more up to date and ant free stay.

1  Thank sandasavi

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that your experience was not a good one. You did bring up a good point about our hotel being from the 90's. I am glad to say that we do have some renovations coming up this fall and automatic doors are one of those items to have replaced. I have mentioned to houskeeping to pay more attention to the drains in the rooms and also to make sure the pool is better attended to when we have a large volume of people in the hotel. We did call our exterminator to come out to take care of the room that people mentioned had ants. If you can please contact me to let me know if your room did have them so we can take care of the problem that would be great. I'm sorry your stay wasn't as expected but do hope that you are willing to try us again. If so please contact me and I would love have you and your family give us another chance !

Reviewed 2 June 2011

Friends and I took a shopping trip to Madison and the surrounding areas and had a great stay at CS. There were 3 of us and we had booked a room with two double beds. It was a nice surprise to have 2 double beds AND a pull out couch. Plenty of room for all! The complimentary drink was nice after a full day of shopping....plus free pizza! The continental breakfast was more than enough with pastries, yogurt, freshly made waffles, juices and cereal. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to the Madison area.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nancy M
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2011

Thanks for thaking the time to write a review about us on Trip Advisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully you stay with us again when you come into town to shop as we have three malls within 5 miles or less from our Hotel. I glad you enjoyed the "extras" to help you get a fresh start in the morning and wind down in the evening. Hope to see you again soon ! Thanks again for letting us know about your stay !

Reviewed 27 March 2011

The sign by the front desk announces that the pool is open until midnight. That seemed a bit late to me but our room was at the far end of the first floor away from the pool area. What we did not anticipate was screaming children running up and down the hall, rooms with the doors open blaring music and drunken adults shouting slurred profanity. After three attempts to reach the front desk I finally reached someone after midnight and asked them to deal with the situation. She was polite and apologized over and over but the noise persisted until nearly one in the morning.

We will never come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family

I certainly apologize for the experience you had at our hotel and do wish you come back to try us again as this is not a typical stay. I'm not sure why things were this way on that particular evening. We normally have the pool closed at 11pm and we do have security on to help minimze the noise. Again I apologize and please feel free to contact me with any other questions or concerns you may have. We do hope to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 23 March 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Suites with a group for a ski trip in February. The lobby was nicely decorated and the front desk attendants were friendly and helpful. The pool was quite large and the kids loved the game room. For a suites hotel the rooms were a tad small but it was fine for a one night stay. The breakfast was good, the hotel was clean and the rate was great. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2011

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope you come again the next time you have a ski trip near Madison! We do have rooms with two beds and sofa sleeper in them. That might give you a little bit more room next time or you can ask us about our loft suites. The lofts have two bathrooms so if you have quite a few people in one room that might be a better fit for you. Thanks again for letting us know and hope to have you stay with us again soon !