“Enjoyed the stay!”

Comfort Suites Madison West
Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The pool and hot tub were the highlights of our stay! The pool is not chlorinated which is nice for my husband as he has an allergy to chlorine. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The breakfast was average - but good. We were surprised that the even coffee was pretty good...we could hear the people above us and next to us - but it wasn't too bad. Nice and competent staff - we would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Linda L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2014

Thank you for your valuable feedback!

We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our large indoor pool and hot tub facilities. I would recommend perhaps we assign you up on the third floor for your next visit.

We hope to wow you with a new and improved breakfast next time!

Thanks again for the lovely review!

Linda Ly
Front Desk Manager

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Madison West

Reviewed 18 February 2014

You can pay more and stay at something fancier but it won't have near the free amenities that they offer. Complimentary hot breakfast, happy hour, appetizers on some nights, large hot tub and large heated pool. Staff were very professional. I would come back next time I'm in the area. They also allow pets.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank withvalidity
Phillip M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for sharing your review of Comfort Suites Madison with the TripAdvisor community! We are truly grateful for all of our guests, and we are proud to offer a wide variety of amenities to make the trip a little easier while traveling.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us again should your travels bring you back to Madison--we will be happy to serve you!

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Great price and very comfortable. Nice free breakfast in the morning. I love the signs on the bed and having the soft pillows in the front and the firm ones in the back. Normally I have to try them all out.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Livandbellasmom
Phillip M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for sharing your review of Comfort Suites Madison with the TripAdvisor community! We strive to create a relaxing, comfortable stay for all guests and are happy to hear you enjoyed you time with us! I'm pleased to hear you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast in the morning (as well as our pillow menu!).

If you have any further comments or if I can be of any assistance with future reservations, please feel free to email me at pmattssonboze@wiscohotels.com.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

This hotel is my home away from home. I've stayed here for business and pleasure trips for years now and it's my go-to hotel in Madison. The rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable with a microwave and refrigerator. I frequently need to work in my room at night which is convenient with a nice desk/table, quiet surroundings, and internet access. The staff is fantastic: always friendly, helpful, and frequently "bend-over-backwards" to help or accommodate my schedule. I recommend it to anyone who wants a room on the west side of Madison.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank jgm397
Phillip M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Thank you for sharing your kind review of Comfort Suites Madison with the TripAdvisor community! We are truly fortunate to have so many guests who return to our property every week. As an entire staff, our goal is to create a warm and welcoming environment so that indeed, even a hotel can feel like a "home away from home."

It's always a pleasure to hear positive feedback, and I will pass along your kind words to our staff. We look forward to continuing to serve you in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me or any of our staff if we can do anything to make your future stays even better.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I would like to point out that this property is great, the rooms are clean and of good quality--but if you are going somewhere looking for good SERVICE, I would recommend looking elsewhere.

When I arrived the front desk staff said just a minute, complained to her manager about a computer issue, ignored me when I asked if I could still check in with the computer issue, and then 'forgot' to have me sign the pet waiver (resulting in me having to leave my dog alone in the room, something I was trying to avoid.)

On top of all of that THERE IS NO FIRST PET STAYS FREE policy anymore. This is all over the internet and website, so I was surprised to see a charge on my bill. After HUFFING and trying to convince me that I was in error about THEIR website, they waived the fee.

Frustrating to stay the least. Probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for sharing your review of Comfort Suites Madison with the TripAdvisor community. From our entire team, I apologize for the quality of your recent stay. We genuinely value all guest feedback and look to it as an opportunity to improve.

We did recently implement a small fee for guests travelling with pets, as we have recently performed several in-room upgrades, including bed linens and towels. I apologize if this fee was not communicated with utmost transparency--I will review all websites Comfort Suites Madison is featured on to ensure that this information is visible.

As far as our service at the hotel, I apologize that it was far less than exceptional. We strive to offer a warm welcome to all guests, and I regret this warmth was not extended to you upon check-in. As an entire team, we will review your experience as an opportunity to improve in all areas of guest service.

Should your travels bring you back to Madison, we would welcome the opportunity to serve you again and to deliver a superior experience. If you would like to communicate further on this issue, please feel free to reach out to me via email at pmattssonboze@wiscohotels.com.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

WOW is all I can say. Check in literally took about 2 minutes maximum. Friendly staff. Everything was clean. Rooms were HUGE along with a HUGE bathroom. We had 2 queen beds and also a pull out couch which was a bonus for us that we did not expect. The beds were really comfortable and each bed had 4 fluffy pillows. We brought our own pillows but would not have had to after seeing how high quality those pillows were. The pool and hot tub were much bigger than normal for a hotel which was very nice. The bar in the hotel was very nice as well. Breakfast was the usual make your own waffles, hot foods, fruit, dry cereal and donuts. I would definitely recommend this place to EVERYONE and I would most definitely come back to this hotel!! Keep up the excellent work. :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maglightchick
Phillip M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

From our entire team, thank you for sharing your thorough review of Comfort Suites Madison with the TripAdvisor community! We strive to provide excellent service and outstanding facilites for all of our guests, and we genuinely appreciate your positive feedback. I will pass along your comments to our staff as well.

Thank you again for your kind words about Comfort Suites Madison. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please feel free to reach out to me at pmattssonboze@wiscohotels.com.

Phillip Mattsson-Boze

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We highly recommend the Comfort Suites on John Q Hammons Drive, which we would rate very well. The room we had was spacious, featuring two queen beds, as well as a pull out couch. The bathroom also was large and well equipped. The accommodation was updated and comfortable, with wonderful bedding. Other rooms we viewed were also above average in quality.

Both a large indoor pool and a hot tub are available at the hotel, although we did not take advantage of either. I believe the hotel has a work out room as well.

The hotel offers a full continental breakfast with a wide choice from which to choose. Along with beverages, breakfast included waffles, hot eggs and sausage, boiled eggs, toasts and muffins, pastries, cheese, cereals, yogurt, and more.

The Comfort Suites also offers a generous complimentary manager's happy hour special, which we and our party thoroughly enjoyed. This added touch made our stay all the more wonderful.

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. We had a large party of guests which required a private meeting space and we found our needs were well met.

The hotel is pretty much central to the city, and is very convenient to the Beltline. And it is close to many local amenities and shopping.

One caution for guests is that the hotel is pet-friendly and has rooms for those travelling with pets. That said, as travelers without pets, we had no issues with noise.

If visiting Madison, we highly recommend you consider a stay at the Comfort Suites.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor and was quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank J K
Phillip M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review of our hotel with the TripAdvisor community! We take pride in providing outstanding service and amenities at Comfort Suites Madison. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope we can serve your group again in the future. If I can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to reach out to me at pmattssonboze@wiscohotels.com.

Thanks again for your kind words about Comfort Suites Madison!

Phillip Mattsson-Boze
Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West
Homewood Suites Madison West
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton

Been to Comfort Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!