“Damp musty rooms” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 61 Hotels in Madison
Albuquerque
“Damp musty rooms”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stay was nice except both of the rooms we booked were damp and uncomfortable. Our rooms smelled musty/moldy/like mildew. My entire family had breathing problems the week we slept there. Also the breakfast area was never fully stocked. The front desk staff was awesome!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

My family and I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Middleton and found most of the staff would go above and beyond to make our stay comfortable. However, when we went to the hotel happy hour, we were shocked at the attitude and appearance of the bartender. Not only was he rude, condescending, and pompous, but his hair and clothes were disheveled, and was in no way professional. First, the happy hour is advertised as complimentary to guests, and we were under the impression the selection was free - there is no written menu that was presented to us that stated otherwise. After we were served our drinks, we were told there was a charge, which I was fine with paying, and told the bartender as such, yet he continuously embarrassed me by interrupting my conversation and gesturing from across the bar that I owed him money several times. If the hotel wishes to charge for its "complimentary" happy hour, that is perfectly understandable, but I would encourage them to have a more formal billing process and posted menu. And lastly, my daughter was in the bar area, and informed me of the following: The bartender spilled a drink on the bar himself, did not apologize or offer to replace the drink to the customer, and he threw a bar rag at the customer, insinuating it was the customer's responsibility to clean it up.

Overall, the experience was okay. We have been to other Choice Hotels in the area, and have had a better overall stay with a better value elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you would like a quiet stay, do not stay on the first floor as it is very noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MadisonLover1754
Okinawa-shi, Okinawa, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were traveling through Madison and stopped here for the night. We had our two boxers with us and unlike other hotels this was not a problem. They got us a room immediately and the service was great. The room was spacious and clean, no problems at all. I would definitely stay here again if I'm traveling thru Madison!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Joshua W
somewhere
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Nice hotel. Great free shuttle services. Convenient to the EPIC training center and airport. Brewery/restaurant across the street was great. Room was clean and fresh. Staff was nice and helpful but mishandled my credit card charges, charging my room to my personal credit card and not my employers which resulted in a extreme personal financial hardship for several weeks while I awaited reimbursement from my employer. Room service comes from a neighboring hotel's restaurant which was strange but the food and service were good. Over all a good stay, good bed, good hotel but would have been 5 star if they handled the charges correctly the first time. Shuttle service was top notch. Don't hesitate to stay but double check with front desk when leaving to ensure charges were charged to correct account.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Linda L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 20 December 2014
My apologies for the delayed response.

I would like to apologize on the behalf of the hotel and staff in regards to the credit card mishandling.

We have since then address this concern and the current staff is well-trained to ensure these situations do not occur.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay otherwise.

We hope you'll allow us the opportunity to offer your superior service on your visit to Madison!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Great stay! Clean, comfortable rooms and pleasant staff. The pool was large and has a big shallow end, the pool area was clean and airy. The breakfast had far more choices than the typical Comfort spread.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Linda P.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel!

We're glad to hear you had a great stay with us! We're happy you enjoyed our breakfast!

Thanks for choosing Comfort Suites Madison!

See you again on your next trip to Madison!

Front Desk Manager
Hampton, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed here on a Sunday night. Hotel was very quiet, and rooms quite spacious. Breakfast offered several choices, and I am told there are free snacks week nights. A local restaurant delivered room service (add 18% for delivery & tip to food bill). As we got in a bit later, I found this a valuable service. Staff friendly. Did not use pool/hot tub, but appeared to be in nice condition. Only negatives: slow elevator & fitness room very small (two treadmills, one elliptical, some dumb bells). Overall, I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tricia0813
Dear Tricia,

Thank you for sharing your feedback of our hotel with staff and other travelers.

We are so pleased to be able to offer a variety of amenities at a great value for all of our guests!

We're happy to hear you were able to order room service despite the late arrival.

We'll be sure to address our elevator and review the quality of our fitness center.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

My stay at this hotel was absolutely wonderful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very well cleaned. The pool and fitness center were in great condition (loved that the fitness room had dumbbells in addition to machines!). The breakfast was great also. Overall my family and I really enjoyed ourselves and would definitely come again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Priscilla G
Priscilla,

We're delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We are fortunate to have such a lovely staff! We are happy that we were able to add the free weights to our 24/7 fitness center.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Hilton Garden Inn Madison West/Middleton
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West
Homewood Suites Madison West
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West

Been to Comfort Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!