“Fantastic Family Reunion”

Comfort Suites Madison West
Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed 27 June 2010

We held a small (10 rooms - 22 people) family reunion at the Comfort Suites. Every request we had was honored and then some. We had free use of a very large, secure meeting room for the entire weekend with TV/video access with our 10 room reservation. Guest rooms are very spacious, clean and well-appointed. The pool area is quite large as is the hot tub, and there is an arcade nearby. There are free cocktails in the lounge every night and a breakfast with some hot items every morning. The surrounding area has some very nice shopping and dining options.
You can't go wrong with this hotel and its friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
HIMSN, Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2010

tvgranny: Thank you for your review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoy your family reunion and your stay at our hotel. We take pride in making your experience great! Glad to hear that our staff made your experience just that. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your group. We hope to have you as our guests again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Madison West

Reviewed 9 June 2010

This Comfort Suites maintains the consistency you expect from the brand. We always seek out their hotels for a great value anywhere. We did have an issue here once (we've stayed a few times) where we had to be moved due to an odor from an A\C unit. The staff is friendly and they have a really nice little bar. It's also right off the highway with easy access to Middleton and Madison.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2010

Thanks for letting us know about your stay with us here at Comfort Suites. I'm glad to hear that you are Happy with our hotel and the Choice Brand. I'm glad you enjoy our amenites and location. Thanks for making us aware about the room odor.... I apologize about having to have you move rooms. I hope that all was good after that ! Hope to see you soon !

Reviewed 25 March 2010

First, I love this little area of Madison right next to Middleton - easy access from the beltline, great shopping nearby and good restaurants as well. We usually stay downtown, but thought we'd give the outskirts a try this time around. I was traveling with my husband who was in town for work; we stayed two nights. I'm also a Wisco member so was looking forward to a great trip - the great bedding, free happy hour and breakfast are always a plus! I travel a ton for work all over WI and I have NEVER had this happen before - no one from housekeeping stopped by our room the day after arrival to service it. I was in and out of the room (breakfast, gym, pool, drop off hubby at his conference) until 11:30am and had the DND sign up until I left. Housekeeping was literally next door and across the hall when I left. When we returned, no note, no nothing - also no clean towels, no bed made, nada. We headed down to the desk and a woman informed us that housekeeping had went home for the day and shrugged (no apology or anything...). She was kind enough to offer us clean towels. Since we were there, we asked her a few questions about the area (restaurants, directions) - apparently, she was new to the area and she was quite unknowledgeable about any of the places we asked her about within the vicinity. She did offer to print us directions to the places we wanted to go.
One other reviewer noted the exhaust fan noise in the bathroom - she wasn't kidding, so LOUD!
I guess I feel that part of what you are paying for at a hotel is daily room servicing - and we didn't it, which was disappointing because everything else was as expected.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
HIMSN, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2010

Hello dulinh:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us in Madison.

I would like to apologize for our failure to provide you with the basic services you expect when staying at any hotel. I will review your feedback with our housekeeping staff to make sure we avoid this situation from occuring again. Additionally, we will review with our guest service staff how we can improve. I am personally sorry that we did not correct your problems during your stay.

We will definitely take the feedback and use it as a training experience for our entire team. Thank you again for your feedback and again please accept our apology for not meeting or exceeding your expectations during your visit.

We hope we have the opportunity to serve you and your family again!

Reviewed 23 March 2010

I stayed at the Comfort Suites five days, then the next week for three. My first night back I had no heat in my room. The front desk clerk attempted to get the heat functioning, then the clerk from the next shift attempted it. Once they realized it was never going to happen they offered me the Presidential Suite for my three night stay. I must say, it was a cut above. I appreciate their concern and quick action to solve my problem. I definitely would recommend this hotel based on the great customer service I received my whole stay.

Hello Flutterbyfly:

I wanted to first thank you for providing us feedback about your experience during your recent stay.

Please accept my personal apology for the trouble you had with the heating and air conditioning unit in your guest room.

I am happy to hear that our staff did the right thing by finding a solution that exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and your feedback.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Madison.

Reviewed 22 March 2010

I had an early flight and when I arrived at the hotel, I expected to hear "sorry, but you'll have to wait until we have a room ready." Instead the driver told me I would most likely have my room, but if it wasn't ready he would hold my luggage and drive me to the mall, any restaurant, or even a movie. My room was ready & I took him up on his offer. He dropped me off at the mall, then later took me to a movie, and then picked me up. I was so impressed with the friendliness and the staff went out of their way to make my experience a pleasurable one. The next day we had a meeting at the hotel, again the same friendliness to accommodate anything & everything we needed. We will definitely plan to stay there for our event next year.

1  Thank celebratinghome

Hello Celebrating Home:

I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We take great pride in providing our guests with the type of experience you recieved. I makes me happy to hear that our staff went above your expectations.

Thank you again for the feedback and your business. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Madison.

Reviewed 13 September 2009

My stay at the Madison, WI Comfort Suites was totally unanticipated and a most pleasant surprise! If you are in Madison, Wisconsin for business or pleasure, you might want to consider staying here. The Suites are located in Middleton, which is on the west side of Madison, in close proximity to several shopping areas and with easy access to downtown Madison.
The minute I walked into the lobby I felt like I had been transported back to the 18th Century (being a huge fan of Colonial Williamsburg, this was truly a great find!) The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful, and assisted me with arranging a shuttle to the Badger Bus depot the following morning.
The lobby area was beautifully decorated, with two elevated areas for reading or TV viewing. The dining room/pub was very nice, and I was able to enjoy a brief respite during Happy Hour. The following morning, a tasty, hot breakfast buffet was served.
My room was wonderful, with a soft, 18th Century style bed. You know the kind - you either have to get a running start and jump into the bed, or have one of those little footstools to help you. That bed was extremely welcome after a stressful day. There was also a desk, sofa, and coffee table.
The bathroom was well appointed and immaculate.

Unfortunately I was only staying for one night, and I didn't have the opportunity to check out all the hotel's features. But my pictures give you a good idea of what I was able to take advantage of.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2010

I wanted to Thank-you for your kind review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor! I appreciate your feed back on your stay ! Like you mentioned we are in a nice area, close to shopping and resturants. I wish you had more time to stay with us as well ! We try to make our guests feel at home ! I'm glad you enjoyed our Hotel ! Hope to see you again soon !

Amy Miniya ~ General Manager

Reviewed 17 August 2009

My husband, 11 year old, 7 year old, and 7 month old recently stayed at this location for 5 nights. The free breakfast was excellent and featured hot and cold options. The rooms were large, clean upon arrival, and very comfortable with minimal noise carrying inside from the hallways. The indoor pool was fantastic and helped pass many a rainy afternoon for our family. The pool towels weren't replaced often enough but we just took towels from our room down with us. The staff was friendly and helpful.
My only complaint is that it took the housekeeping staff a ridiculous amount of time to clean our room. We left each day no later than 7am and returned most days after 2pm to find that our room hadn't been cleaned. One particular day, housekeeping wasn't even close to our room at 3:30 and I had to specifically request from management that they skip ahead to our suite so that I could put my baby down for his nap.
All in all, highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2009

Thanks for making your comments on trip-advisor. We appreciate your feedback and are glad that your overall stay with us was enjoyable. I apologize for the late Housekeeping service that you received during your your stay. Generally our staff cleans rooms that have checked-out first and then move on to stayovers rooms, sorry for the delay in service you received. Sometimes Housekeeping works late and sometimes they are done early. Please feel free to make a request if a certain time works out better in your schedule, we are more then willing to Accommodate. Thanks again for staying with us. We hope to see you soon !

Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West
Homewood Suites Madison West
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton

Been to Comfort Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!