“Top notch service as always!”

Comfort Suites Madison West
Ranked #29 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Austin, TX
“Top notch service as always!”
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I've stayed at this hotel maybe a dozen times, and I'm never disappointed. This time, as always, the front desk staff was top notch, the suite was clean, breakfast was hot, if not thrilling, and now the Sprecher brew pub is open nearby for a fun gathering with friends of both the beer drinking, and root beer drinking varieties.

The hotel is near a ton of shopping opportunities, and I also enjoy long walks along the streets near the hotel for morning exercise or to walk your dog.

I can't say enough about how nice the people are here. A couple of years ago, we were there with our dog during the holidays, and the staff showed up with small dog treats and toys all wrapped for Christmas. when we've needed to add rooms on the fly, or make reservation changes, these guys are really great.

Hotel is on the beltline, so you're just a quick jump to downtown Madison, or hop over to Middleton easily too.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 29 October 2010
Thanks for letting us know about your experiences with us ! We try to make everyone enjoy their stay with us and are glad that you feel at home with us when staying in Madison! We hope to see you soon and don't forget your dog !

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Madison for 5 nights at the end of August/early September for a business trip.

The hotel is in a great location that straddles Madison and Middleton, right off the Beltline. It's in a nice professional area with other hotels, office buildings, etc. There are nearby restaurants and even an upscale shopping village.

My room was clean and nice, and maid service was very meticulous...towels placed very neatly in the bathroom, no shortage of toiletries, etc.

The complimentary breakfast was decent...not the best I've ever had, but offered enough. Each morning, a different hot item was served, while the other items remained the same. They included cereal, oatmeal, bananas, yogurt, and cheese squares.

At night, the breakfast area turns into a lounge, and if you are a Choice Hotel member staying at the hotel, I was told I could get 6 free cocktails, though I never took advantage of that. Other guests are allowed 3 free cocktails.

The hotel is operated by Wisco Hotel Group. Some other people attending the same conference I did stayed at two of the group's other properties in the area: a Holiday Inn and Baymont Inn. They all said their hotels were nice, too.

I did use the hotel's fitness room while I was there. It was nice and modern, but typically small as most of these things go. The equipment, which included a weight machine and an elliptical, were in like new condition.

Overall, I would stay at the Comfort Suites in a heartbeat if I ever have a chance to visit Madison again. The only improvement I could recommend would be that the parking lot needs to be repaved, and it's a little bit of a rough exit onto the road, so drive slowly!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
gmreviews, Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 29 October 2010
Thank- you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at out Hotel. We hope to see you again soon !
Portland, OR
Reviewed 27 June 2010

We held a small (10 rooms - 22 people) family reunion at the Comfort Suites. Every request we had was honored and then some. We had free use of a very large, secure meeting room for the entire weekend with TV/video access with our 10 room reservation. Guest rooms are very spacious, clean and well-appointed. The pool area is quite large as is the hot tub, and there is an arcade nearby. There are free cocktails in the lounge every night and a breakfast with some hot items every morning. The surrounding area has some very nice shopping and dining options.
You can't go wrong with this hotel and its friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
HIMSN, Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 28 June 2010
tvgranny: Thank you for your review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoy your family reunion and your stay at our hotel. We take pride in making your experience great! Glad to hear that our staff made your experience just that. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your group. We hope to have you as our guests again in the future.
Hamilton, Ohio
Reviewed 9 June 2010

This Comfort Suites maintains the consistency you expect from the brand. We always seek out their hotels for a great value anywhere. We did have an issue here once (we've stayed a few times) where we had to be moved due to an odor from an A\C unit. The staff is friendly and they have a really nice little bar. It's also right off the highway with easy access to Middleton and Madison.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
gmreviews, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 15 June 2010
Thanks for letting us know about your stay with us here at Comfort Suites. I'm glad to hear that you are Happy with our hotel and the Choice Brand. I'm glad you enjoy our amenites and location. Thanks for making us aware about the room odor.... I apologize about having to have you move rooms. I hope that all was good after that ! Hope to see you soon !
Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 March 2010

First, I love this little area of Madison right next to Middleton - easy access from the beltline, great shopping nearby and good restaurants as well. We usually stay downtown, but thought we'd give the outskirts a try this time around. I was traveling with my husband who was in town for work; we stayed two nights. I'm also a Wisco member so was looking forward to a great trip - the great bedding, free happy hour and breakfast are always a plus! I travel a ton for work all over WI and I have NEVER had this happen before - no one from housekeeping stopped by our room the day after arrival to service it. I was in and out of the room (breakfast, gym, pool, drop off hubby at his conference) until 11:30am and had the DND sign up until I left. Housekeeping was literally next door and across the hall when I left. When we returned, no note, no nothing - also no clean towels, no bed made, nada. We headed down to the desk and a woman informed us that housekeeping had went home for the day and shrugged (no apology or anything...). She was kind enough to offer us clean towels. Since we were there, we asked her a few questions about the area (restaurants, directions) - apparently, she was new to the area and she was quite unknowledgeable about any of the places we asked her about within the vicinity. She did offer to print us directions to the places we wanted to go.
One other reviewer noted the exhaust fan noise in the bathroom - she wasn't kidding, so LOUD!
I guess I feel that part of what you are paying for at a hotel is daily room servicing - and we didn't it, which was disappointing because everything else was as expected.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
HIMSN, General Manager at Comfort Suites Madison West, responded to this review, 28 April 2010
Hello dulinh:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us in Madison.

I would like to apologize for our failure to provide you with the basic services you expect when staying at any hotel. I will review your feedback with our housekeeping staff to make sure we avoid this situation from occuring again. Additionally, we will review with our guest service staff how we can improve. I am personally sorry that we did not correct your problems during your stay.

We will definitely take the feedback and use it as a training experience for our entire team. Thank you again for your feedback and again please accept our apology for not meeting or exceeding your expectations during your visit.

We hope we have the opportunity to serve you and your family again!
Milwaukee
Reviewed 23 March 2010

I stayed at the Comfort Suites five days, then the next week for three. My first night back I had no heat in my room. The front desk clerk attempted to get the heat functioning, then the clerk from the next shift attempted it. Once they realized it was never going to happen they offered me the Presidential Suite for my three night stay. I must say, it was a cut above. I appreciate their concern and quick action to solve my problem. I definitely would recommend this hotel based on the great customer service I received my whole stay.

Hello Flutterbyfly:

I wanted to first thank you for providing us feedback about your experience during your recent stay.

Please accept my personal apology for the trouble you had with the heating and air conditioning unit in your guest room.

I am happy to hear that our staff did the right thing by finding a solution that exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and your feedback.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Madison.
Lima, OH
Reviewed 22 March 2010

I had an early flight and when I arrived at the hotel, I expected to hear "sorry, but you'll have to wait until we have a room ready." Instead the driver told me I would most likely have my room, but if it wasn't ready he would hold my luggage and drive me to the mall, any restaurant, or even a movie. My room was ready & I took him up on his offer. He dropped me off at the mall, then later took me to a movie, and then picked me up. I was so impressed with the friendliness and the staff went out of their way to make my experience a pleasurable one. The next day we had a meeting at the hotel, again the same friendliness to accommodate anything & everything we needed. We will definitely plan to stay there for our event next year.

1 Thank celebratinghome
Hello Celebrating Home:

I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We take great pride in providing our guests with the type of experience you recieved. I makes me happy to hear that our staff went above your expectations.

Thank you again for the feedback and your business. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Madison.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Madison West
Best Western West Towne Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West

Been to Comfort Suites Madison West? Share your experiences!