“Very nice place to stay in Madison”

Cambria hotel & suites
Ranked #19 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Very nice place to stay in Madison”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I stayed one night for business and was very pleased with my stay. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient, my room was clean, quiet, and roomy enough to spread out. I like the media console next to the desk that allowed me to charge my cell phone and hook up my PC to video.

I have to say that I had the best night of sleep I've had in years there. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, so much so, that I started looking up where to buy my own. The pool area is pretty small, so if you're looking for a place with a larger pool so children can swim or if you want to swim laps, you'll have to find someplace else. The fitness facility is very roomy, clean, and has good equipment including stationary bikes, treadmills, eliptical, yoga mats, kettlebells, and a weight machine.

The lobby/restaurant/business area is very nice as well, and though I did not partake in the complimentary breakfast (I had to leave just as it was being put out), it appeared very nice. They also have a pantry area where you can buy standard sundries, medicines for headaches or upset stomachs, personal grooming items, snacks, microwavable foods, and drinks that is open 24x7.

Overall, it was a very nice stay and I'll be back there in a few weeks again on business. Looking forward to another good night's sleep!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you on your next trip to Madison. -Dave

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
smalltown
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We've stayed in many properties in Madison and this was the best. The staff was friendly and the hotel itself was immaculate. Our room with it's 2 flat screens allowed us some private time. We'll be returning.

Room Tip: The location is in Sun Prairie, easily accessed.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Thank you so much for your positive comments. We'll see you next time when you visit the Madison Area. -Dave
Schererville, Indiana
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Cambria Suites on a Saturday night. The hotel is a bit far outside of pretty much anything we wanted to do in Madison, but we couldn't get a hotel closer because it happened to be the night of the Mifflin Block Party.

The room was nice, clean, and comfortable. I didn't like the decor, but oh well. Our room had a microwave & mini-frig right inside the door on shelves on a table-type-thing that also held the coffee maker. Our bathroom had a nice faux tile look surround that in the end opposite the showerhead had the towel bar, I kind of prefer the surround to tiles that seem not so clean in the grout lines. There was also a vessel sink on a stone counter top. The shower curtain was decorated with dragonflies to match the throw on the end of the bed. Between the bathroom & bedroom-area, the room had a couch, chair, and a flat screen TV on the wall in a little living room area. On the wall by the desk there was a panel with hook-ups so something like a DVD player can be hooked up to the TV. The desk-area was to the left of the TV. The desk chair looked at an open shelving area into the bedroom-area. The shelving area had some odd vases on it. On the wall between the bedroom & desk, next to the chair, a long mirror was leaned against the wall. Our room had a king sized bed and another flat screen TV on the dresser. The heat/ac unit is too close to the bed for my liking because I hate air blowing in my face at night.

I don’t know that I’d stay at the Cambria again mainly because of where it is located. We also had an issue because no one at the hotel could figure out how to add my husband’s frequent flyer account number to our room. The evening desk worker had no clue how to add it and told us to check with the manager in the morning. We did speak to the manager who added it to the comments section. Of course, we never received our airline points for the transaction. After months of calling Southwest, Southwest calling Choice Hotels, and the two groups arguing about whose fault the lack of points was, my husband finally got his points six months later. My tip would be to save a print out of any offer you’re using because Choice doesn’t seem to like to give up the points. Choice claimed all along that the hotel wasn’t eligible for the promotion but it did eventually get resolved.

If you need a hotel in this area of Madison, it’s a fine place to stay. It was quiet and the rooms are nice.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
I'm so glad that you were comfortable in our guest room. I'm also glad that Choice was able to help you out with your points. -Dave
South Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We went to Madison to visit the Madison Children's Museum and a couple of other places over the 2011 Christmas holiday. We decided to stay at this Cambria because we heard good things about it. I'm glad we did because we had a great experience. The staff there bent over backwards for us! We felt like family there! The hotel itself is spotless and the design/architecture was so cool, like we were at a swanky hotel in Europe. And the price couldn't be beat. The fitness room was excellent for this type/style hotel. The pool is very small, but the jacuzzi is nice and the pool area was as spotless as the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Eric S
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
We hope you and your family enjoyed the holidays in Madison. Thank you for staying with us! -Dave
Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I stayed here while I was on business a couple of times. Overall nice hotel. Room suites were nice. They have a restaurant that is more of a bar and grill. Food was ok. No free breakfast here. They had a breakfast buffet that ran around $9.95 excluding drinks. The location is on the outskirts of Madison so you are going to have to drive a few miles to get to restaurants and businesses. The hotel is located by some corporate offices.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, 15 December 2011
Thanks so much for staying with us! We hope to see you soon on your next visit to Madison.-Dave
Stevens Point, WI
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I've stayed here several times over the course of the past two years and I always enjoy coming back here. The staff is very friendly, rooms are big and the beds are comfortable. I like it because its up dated and not drab like some hotel rooms. There is a cafe type area onsite and everything I have eaten from there has been yummy. I will definitely stay here again when the opportunity arises!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your positive comments about our hotel.-Dave
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We stayed three days at the Cambria Suites. The rooms were creatively and spaciously designed and the staff was friendly and accomodating. I look forward to staying there again. Best (and worst) of all, I forgot my ipod (and toothpaste, and phone charger, duh) in our room. The day clerk got right on it and sent my beloved ipod (and toothpaste and phone charger) post haste. Thanks a ton, Cambria Suites, see you in October.
Oh and walking distance to Erin's Snug Irish pub doesn't hurt!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank AKbrewman
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
We're glad that your I-pod made it back to you safe and sound. We can't wait to have you back. See you soon!-Dave