“An overall good stay.”

Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Lexington, Kentucky
“An overall good stay.”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I had a positive stay overall. I was traveling through solo out west, and stopped here to visit friends I had in Madison.

The location of the hotel was excellent for traveling through- very close to the interstate. On the other hand, it was far from downtown Madison, but since I was there to see friends, this was not a negative. This location was also very safe and quiet. The front desk staff were professional and courteous; they allowed me to check in 3 hours early.

The room was a suite was stylish and comfortable. It was odor-free, very clean, and well climate-controlled. The bed was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was also very clean, odor-free, and very stylish. There were no noisy neighbors.

Amenities included a flat-screen TV, which I didn't watch. Wi-fi was free, reliable, and fast.

The only negative was parking. I made a trip into town, but did not come back until 1 am. At this time there was no available parking, and I had to park near the shipping entrance. This was irritating, because I was tired, and just wanted to get sleep instead of hunt for parking. I was reassured by front desk that I would not be towed in that area, and fortunately, my car was not touched. This parking situation was surprising because I would have expected more, considering the size and quality of the hotel. In addition, as the area was not packed with other properties, I would have expected that the hotel would have been able to easily expand further.

Nonetheless, I paid a very economical price for this inn, and overall, this was a good stay, with great value. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Please accept my sincere thanks for giving us the opportunity to serve you. I'm glad your overall stay was a positive one. I do apologize for the issues you experienced with our parking lot spaces. Sometimes we have families here with multiple cars and when we're sold out, it can be issue. We appreciate your comments and hope you'll stay with us again! -Dave Monte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Everything was great. Traveled on a weekend and got a great rate, would definately consider next time in the area. The staff was great. There was a small pool that the kids enjoyed after a day of travelling. Breakfast was extra, but good. Beds were very comfortable. The pack and play was set up when we got there which is rare when it's ready to go after we request it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
cambriamadison, General Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
I am so glad everything worked out well for you and your family. It was a pleasure to have you! Please stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Madison. -Dave Monte
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This Hotel is great. Very friendly employees - great, professional service. The room was spotless, super clean! The hotel has a modern decor which I love. It is located outside Madison, still close to get to downtown in a few minutes. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the positive comments about our staff and our hotel. The Cambria Suites Madison is a great place to be close to all the activities Madison has to offer without sacrificing the peace and quiet needed for a restful stay. Come again when your travels bring you back to Madison. - Dave Monte
Illinois
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

First time using this hotel, booked via a Living Social deal. Would pay more! Very pleased with this hotel, it served as a great base for our annual trip to the Great Taste of the MW beer festival. Decor is very modern, rooms very clean, responsove service. Loved the shower with good pressure, modern bathroom design, Bath and Body works toiletries.
We had a king suite with a room divider. Bed was very comfortable. Sofa bed not so much but I think this is standard. We had coupons for free breakfast buffet which was ok but I wouldn't pay $10 for it otherwise.
There was a shuttle but it only went within a 5 mile radius of the hotel so we had to take a cab downtown and to the festival. Still much more comfortable, less expensive and quieter than staying downtown.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Guests like you are a pleasure, and we are delighted that you stayed with us. Our location makes it easy to get anywhere here on the east side of Madison. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay with us. -Dave Monte
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed in this hotel over the weekend and what a great location it is! The hotel staff was very friendly when we checked in and the room was super clean just like all the other Cambria Suites we have stayed in the past. A great lounge area to grab a few drinks as well as watch a game on the tv's are perfect and can even check out the pool/fitness area (even though I never did use them) I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in the Madison area as the location is near the interstate/highway and is easy to get to downtown. Its ranked so high for a reason!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
It has been a pleasure serving you and we want you to know we appreciate all your wonderful comments about our hotel. -Dave Monte
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed at cambria suites a couple of weeks ago. The rooms are clean modern and spacious. Comfortable beds , friendly service and they even have a little cocktail lounge off the lobby. It looks brand new and is a great value for the price. The location is not the best but it is a straight shot to downtown Madison . Much higher end than price would indicate

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. We thank you for staying with us! Spread the word! -Dave Monte
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Really enjoy staying here, clean, well appointed. ONLY gripe is there choice of pillows is lacking ( I like a flat pillow) Rooms are great and plenty of room. The lobby is a place you want to hang out in and if you need anything they are ready to assist. Worth driving a bit out of the way to stay here.

Room Tip: Nice Irish restaurant just up the block!